Egg Shaker Sound Match

Its that time of year again when the supermarkets are full of chocolate and everywhere you look there are fluffy yellow chicks… With that in mind I thought I would share some egg shakers I made almost two years ago. Im not sure what it is with toddlers and eggs? Anything egg shaped has always been an instant hit! Even now at three and a half he loves them.

As soon as Monkey could sit up I put a treasure basket in front of him, which included an egg shaker (not technically in keeping with the theory as it was plastic!) filled with rice. I got a bit carried away and ended up making twelve with six different fillings (I was on maternity leave). Only now, are they really being used for what I intended, which is matching the sounds. If I were to add to the collection, I would encourage him to choose other fillings from around the house.

Easter Egg Sound Match

The ones I made were filled with the following:

• Toy bell
  • Rice
  • Baby pasta
  • Seed beads
  • Picture hooks
  • Small stones

I specifically chose things that had different weights as well, partly so I could easily match them up – its harder than you think. I sealed each one with a  thin layer of superglue and then added washi tape over the top for good measure and decoration.

IMG_7852

Monkey has requested an Easter Egg Hunt Party with this little friends this year. As part of it I will be hiding some plastic eggs filled with treats for them all to find – hopefully in the garden if the weather holds (fingers crossed!). I have been trying to think of ideas which don’t just revolve around chocolate and sweets. This has reminded me that a pair of egg shakers would be a great addition to any Easter Egg Hunt.

1. mackenzieglanville
    January 27, 2016 / 7:15 am

this is s cool idea! #bloggerclubUK

2. January 27, 2016 / 8:53 am

Ohhh these look cool too! Another activity I will try! #BloggersClubUk

3. January 27, 2016 / 9:37 am

Lovely idea – I made something similar with plastic bottles but they were really too big. I did pick up one egg shaker on our travels too and she still loves that at three and a half. #bloggerclubuk

4. January 27, 2016 / 9:41 am

I can’t believe that the eggs are already in the supermarket! But I love this idea, think youngest would love this as a rainy day activity.

5. Hot Pink Wellingtons
    January 27, 2016 / 10:03 am

Love this idea! Great use of washi tape too 🙂 #bloggerclubuk

6. January 27, 2016 / 10:41 am

great little idea. You make me feel guilty for not doing amazing crafty things like this with my little one…. I really need to get myself a blue peter kit for the house. I’m sure I’d end up super gluing my fingers to the eggs! #bloggerclubuk

7. January 27, 2016 / 11:08 am

What a fun idea! Definitely want to give something like this a go as an easter alternative to chocolate… 🙂 #bloggerclubuk

8. Coombe Mill
    January 27, 2016 / 11:11 am

what a lovely idea and great for an Easter Egg hunt. #bloggersclubuk

Reply ↓

9. Sarah James @ Tales From The Kitchen Shed
    January 27, 2016 / 12:48 pm

Love this idea, have a wonderful time with your Easter egg hunt x

10. January 27, 2016 / 1:00 pm

I love this idea! My eldest daughter loves eggs like this too, she would go crazy to have an egg box like that. Can I please ask where you got the empty eggs from? I think I will have a go at doing this for her. x

11. Kate Tunstall, Refined Prose
    January 27, 2016 / 1:48 pm

Great idea, my little Pixie lives anything like this. I think I’m inspired to have a go! #BloggersClubUK

12. randommusings29
    January 27, 2016 / 2:36 pm

What a great idea 🙂 I used to love shakers when I was little, good to know today’s kids still love them! The treasure hunt sounds fun too. Thanks for hosting #BloggerClubUK
    Debbie

13. January 27, 2016 / 2:44 pm

This is a great idea and something I’d love to try with my toddler, although my baby is currently into putting everything straight into his mouth at the moment so may have to wait for his nap time to do it ? #BloggersClubUK

14. January 27, 2016 / 3:00 pm

I love this idea, this is definitely something my toddler would love! After lots of Christmas crafts I’ve been a little stuck on what to do at Easter so this will be perfect! #BloggersClubUK x

15. January 27, 2016 / 4:29 pm

Love this idea, something I’d love to try out with my toddler. #BloggerClubUK

16. Sara Handy Herbs
    January 27, 2016 / 5:13 pm

This is a really lovely idea – you are full of them! Thanks for sharing and hosting #BloggerClubUK

17. reimerandruby
    January 27, 2016 / 7:45 pm

What a fab idea! For sure the kids will have loads of fun searching for them…. My first time linking up, here’s me saying Thanks for hosting! #BloggerClubUK

18. January 27, 2016 / 8:36 pm

Great idea. We still have some of these plastic eggs that I used for activities so might try this soon.

19. The Anxious Dragon
    January 27, 2016 / 9:21 pm

A great idea for an easter game that doesnt require chocolate eating. #BloggerClubUK

20. January 28, 2016 / 1:00 am

How creative! I’m going to try this with my daughter this spring. We always have so many plastic eggs left over from Easter egg hunts. This is a great way to use them! #BloggerClubUK

21. January 28, 2016 / 9:27 pm

I have never heard of these. They are brilliant. I must try it with my youngest. He’ll be 17 months old on Monday.
    Here in Germany the Easter egg hunts are for real eggs, hard boiled and painted or dyed. My kids don’t like eggs at all so we usually go for foil-wrapped mini chocolate eggs so that even if we hide plenty the actual amount on chocolate is not that huge. I also his little Easter colouring books for them one year and a German Easter bunny classic storybook another year.
    Have fun arranging your egg hunt.
    #bloggerclubuk

22. January 28, 2016 / 9:34 pm

What a brilliant idea! My little one loves his musical instruments, this would be a brilliant thing to make for him!

23. yneely
    January 29, 2016 / 9:14 am

This is a great idea, something really different 🙂 X

24. Angela Milnes
    January 29, 2016 / 5:54 pm

Ooh this is a really great idea and I can imagine making these on a low budget. I saw these eggs online at The Works and thought..but what would i do with them! Now I have a fab idea. #Bloggerclubuk

25. January 30, 2016 / 9:13 am

What a great idea! I’ve still got some plastic eggs in the making box, so I’m going to give this a go!
    Laura xx
    #BloggerClubUK

26. January 31, 2016 / 1:25 am

I absolutely love this idea! I will definitely be using it this year, with a 1 and three year old they are perfect and a sensory craving 5 year old will get hours of fun out of them! #bloggerclubUK xx

27. Becky, Cuddle Fairy
    February 1, 2016 / 12:19 pm

It’s a great idea to have something that’s not sweet or chocolate related as Easter is often consumed with that! It’s fun to have games & scavenger hunts with the kiddies. #BloggerClubUK