Penguin Calendar

This year I thought it would be nice if we made some calendars for family so when Baker Ross sent us some Penguin Foam Stickers I thought they would be ideal to add a bit of festive decoration. Ever since seeing Mr Poppers Penguins Monkey has become very keen on the black and white bird!

Penguin Calendar

To make something similar you will need

• Coloured card – Monkey chose blue
  • White crepe or tissue paper for snow
  • PVA glue and spreader
  • Calendar pad
  • Penguin foam stickers
  • Glitter glue – optional

IMG_8191

First we tore and cut up the crepe paper to make the snow and Monkey happily filled half the card with the ‘snow’. Before adding the calendar pad.

Then Monkey set about adding the penguin foam stickers. There are 120 in a packet with 40 different designs. Monkey favoured the baby penguins the most wanting to add all of these first! The penguins are taking part in various winter sports such as skiing, ice skating and sledging. The backing is easy to peel off which is something Monkey enjoys doing but can get frustrated with if it proves too fiddly.

IMG_8195

My intention was to use glitter glue to add to snow and create snow flakes falling down onto the penguins. However Monkey decided he didn’t want to add any glitter, even without I think it will still make a nice gift.

IMG_8197

What Christmas crafts are you getting up to with your little ones this December?

I was sent the stickers for the purpose of this review, all opinions are my own.

We're going on an adventure

1. November 30, 2015 / 8:35 am

Love baker ross arts and crafts! We’ve had a few bits to review, too! I love your calendar idea. Using crepe paper as snow is an awesome. It looks very cute! 😀 xx

2. November 30, 2015 / 9:23 am

I love anything penguin and anything crafty, so I’m a fan! Are you guys making your own Christmas cards this year too? x

3. November 30, 2015 / 10:51 am

I don’t have a kid of my own. But this is such a fantastic activities for children, I love the penguin designs calendar. Which inspires me to make my own. 😀

4. Angela Milnes
    November 30, 2015 / 11:11 am

This is gorgeous. I love to see the things you create! They are fab and fun to read and see! it looks fab and will be a nice gift… and at least you didnt have to clean up a load of gltter at the end.. I know how tricky that can be getting everywhere! silver lining lol!

Angela

5. November 30, 2015 / 11:22 am

This is so cute – I always love seeing what you come up with together. My daughter loves foam stickers (well, any stickers) but mostly creating little scenes which get chucked aside so she can do another… and another…. and another!

6. November 30, 2015 / 1:11 pm

what a lovely actvitity mine would love this, anything they can cut and stick!

7. November 30, 2015 / 4:20 pm

Even I would like to make a penguin calendar and I don’t even have kids lol! I think it is great to encourage children to be more pro-active with arts and crafts as it helps them become more equipped with fine motor skills.

8. December 1, 2015 / 8:40 am

Cuteness overload!

9. December 2, 2015 / 11:37 am

Love the penguins, and making it into a calendar is a great idea! Thanks for linking up with #TriedTested

10. December 3, 2015 / 10:38 pm

That is a great gift idea! We always have loads of Baker Ross stickers for crafting and I love how easy my 4 y/o finds it to peel the backs off!
    #TriedTested