‘Me Time’ Post Baby

Kipper is now two months old and I have no idea where the time has gone! This time round not only did I recover a lot quicker after the birth but everything got back to normal quickly as well. Probably to do with the fact that I have a four year old running around who hasn’t become any less demanding just because he has a baby brother. Throughout I have had one eye on how I’m feeling and coping with having the responsibility of another tiny human to looks after and protect. And how I feel about being on maternity leave – which don’t get me wrong I do love, however when you are use to juggling a career and child(ren) it can come as a bit of a shock to the system.

'Me Time' Post Baby

We all know we need to try to look after ourselves and have some ‘me time’ and also ‘couple time’ to keep our wellbeing in check . All very well said and done after the birth of a second child. However Hubby and I are very lucky and have ever supportive parents, which means that a couple of weeks ago we have managed to have a night out for ourselves for my Birthday! The only problem with planning a night out about 7 weeks after giving birth was a) what I am I going to do about feeding and b) what am I going to wear.

Well the feeding was easy thank you Medela for making such a wonderful efficient breast pump. We invited some close friends so I had company when I had to visit the loo to pump and dump! It broke my heart throwing it away especially after a couple of glasses of wine but Kipper was happily drinking milk at home that I had expressed earlier. So that only left  – what am I going to wear? We all know that body confidence after a baby can take a bit of a hit. Lets face it really its not top on the list of priorities but that didn’t mean I didn’t want to look and feel good when we went out. Nothing makes me feel better than new shoes! So when I was approached by Lovethesales.com, I naturally said yes! After all being on maternity leave means they only way I can justify little luxuries for me is to buy them in the sales. Secondly it would mean I didn’t need to spend hours trawling the shops or retailer websites as they have multiple sales all in one place. Time is at a premium right now.

I do particularly like the website as you can filter by brand, item of clothing and discount. I always love a real bargain so opt for 50% +. There are a huge range of brands and you can set up your favourites to get alerts when certain brands go on sale. Lovethesales.com acts as a shop front so when you click on the item you go to the retailers website to make your purchase. As I was looking for glamour I opted to go for designer brands which I wouldn’t normally spend money on. However you can also search for your high street retailers which is what makes this website such a good find.

So the question is what did I buy? These gorgeous shoes from Ralph Lauren Sale – they were a complete bargain with 50% off. Completely impractical for pushing round a pram or running after a four year which made them all the better as this purchase was all about ‘me’. I would never be able to justify them full price. It was a great feeling when they arrived and I knew they hadn’t cost the earth. I will definitely be using the website again as I am hoping to reach my target weight by the time we go on holiday so will hopefully be after a new swimsuit..

IMG_5743 (1)

IMG_5746 (1)So not only did I get to spend some quality time with Hubby, enjoy a lovely meal with some close friends, buy some drop dead gorgeous shoes (thank you lovethesales.com) I had great fun doing it. It was nice not to be mum for a few hours, to talk about things other than poo and behaviour -emotional wellbeing box ticked for the month. I can’t wait to wear them out again…

What did you do last time you got some ‘me’ time? Sometimes just grabbing half an hour reading a magazine, or soaking in the tub can give you some head space to be yourself. I would love to hear about it in the comments below.

Linking up with SharingTheBlogLovePickNMix, TriedTested and MarvMondays

1. July 22, 2016 / 7:00 am

Great choice in shoes! Pumping and dumping breaks my heart as well but to have a bit of you time and a few glasses of wine, it’s worth it. Your looking fab! #picknmix

• July 25, 2016 / 6:31 pm

Back with #marvmondays i need a good evening out soon your post has me in the mood 🙂

• July 25, 2016 / 10:12 pm

Oh I hope you get it 🙂 thanks for popping by X

2. July 22, 2016 / 11:36 am

Lovely shoes and sounds like a great time, it is so important and so hard for me time as a mum and I definitely don’t do it enough #sharingthebloglove

3. Katy - Hot Pink Wellingtons
    July 22, 2016 / 1:07 pm

What amazing shoes! Great shoes are a guaranteed way to feel fabulous in my book! I love a date night – hope you both had a lovely time and a lovely birthday celebration. Thanks so much for joining us at #SharingtheBlogLove

4. July 22, 2016 / 1:16 pm

So glad you got to have a night out, it’s hard to find the time when they’re so small and amazing you have willing babysitters 🙂 I think it is so important to still have time for you when you’re a parent, a night out can make all the difference.

Thanks for linking up to #PicknMix

Stevie x

5. July 23, 2016 / 6:42 pm

Those shoes are gorgeous, shoes are definitely my secret pleasure in life. I’m so pleased you managed to go out and enjoy your birthday. It’s not always easy to arrange babysitters and get everyone together all on the same night. Having me time is so important and I always feel like it presses my reset button, ready to start all over again. Thanks for joining us at #SharingtheBlogLove Laura x

6. July 23, 2016 / 8:19 pm

I think the last time I had some me time I was in hospital on Wednesday. Not the best way to spend me time right?! #PicknMix

7. organisedjo
    July 24, 2016 / 4:13 am

Oh I love those shoes! There is definitely something about a new pair to make you feel 10 feet tall when you go out. Hope you get more me time soon to wear them again. #PicknMix

8. July 25, 2016 / 6:43 am

Glad that you had a great night out and that you managed to get yourself some lovely new shoes in the process 🙂 #marvmondays

• July 25, 2016 / 11:10 am

Thanks, thinking about having another date night soon so they will be making another appearance. Thanks for popping by x

9. Moipone
    July 25, 2016 / 8:04 am

oh gosh I dont remember when I had me time. I love them shoes girl very sexy indeed glad you had fun #MarvMondays

• July 25, 2016 / 11:12 am

Oh it’s so important, I hope you get some soon! I know what you mean to though, I do wonder what I got up to before the kids came along! Thanks for popping by

10. July 25, 2016 / 8:10 am

Me time is so important-just because you are a parent doesn’t mean you should neglect yourself too. Glad you had a good night out- also loving the shoes very glam!:-)

• July 25, 2016 / 11:14 am

Completely! I know very spoilt nice to feel glam and not be covered in milk for a change! Planning another night out soon! Thanks for popping by x

11. July 25, 2016 / 10:24 am

Oh those shoes are adorable! I miss wearing heels but at nearly 27 weeks pregnant with my 3rd baby, flat shoes are definitely the way to go for me at the moment! #marvmondays

• July 25, 2016 / 11:18 am

Oh completely, congratulations would love a third… Not sure Hubby will agree though! ?

12. July 25, 2016 / 1:44 pm

ooo Ralph Lauren shoes?! What a birthday treat, good for you. I bought some clothes last week and felt guilty for spending on myself instantly. I had a great night out with a friend on Friday with lots of dancing. I get quite a few child free nights being a divorcee…there are some perks! Hope you had a great birthday. Tor x #marvmondays

• July 25, 2016 / 10:05 pm

I love a good dance! You shouldn’t feel guilty although I know exactly where you are coming from! X

13. July 25, 2016 / 2:14 pm

It’s wonderful that you have parents nearby who can help out when you need a night away! My me-time often happens after my daughter goes to bed, either reading, or watching a little TV, or blogging! Those shoes are gorgeous, by the way! #MarvMondays

• July 25, 2016 / 10:06 pm

Thanks, yes we are very lucky. I do spend a lot of time blogging in the evenings.. Oops! Thank you for stopping by x

14. July 25, 2016 / 8:32 pm

Those shoes are amazing! Glad you got to spend some money on yourself, with kids you’re often way down the list of priorities when it comes to treating yourself. #marvmondays

• July 25, 2016 / 10:14 pm

Oh completely but I thought … For a change it would be nice to get something new! Thank you so much for stopping by xx

15. Hannah (tuesdayschildblog)
    July 26, 2016 / 10:04 am

Sounds like a fab evening. Totally agree you need a bit of ‘me’ time and couple time – easier said than done though! My medela pump has been amazing too, would be lost without it. X #MarvMondays

• July 26, 2016 / 10:25 am

If any one asks I always say it’s worth the extra money and gives me so much more freedom. Thanks for stopping by X

16. July 26, 2016 / 7:57 pm

Time for yourself is very important. I don’t do it enough, and we definitely don’t have enough time together as a couple. We’ve had some work changes for both of us so hopefully once things settle down we’ll be able to pick this up again. Lovely shoes btw x

• July 27, 2016 / 9:34 pm

I hope you manage it, thanks for stopping by x

17. July 27, 2016 / 10:13 am

Oh how I love ‘me’ time! I was hoping for some this week as I’ve just finished for maternity leave but little man decided to get chickenpox so I’ve had the total opposite. Thanks for linking up to #MarvMondays. Kaye xo

• July 28, 2016 / 5:06 am

Hope he recovers soon and you get some time out before the second arrives! Xx

18. Rachel (Lifeofmyfamilyandme)
    July 27, 2016 / 10:19 am

Having ‘me time’ is so important. My hubby and I try to go out every few months on our own. Although our girls were at their Nan’s last weekend just so we could paint! Not much of spending time together doing DIY but it had to be done! 🙂 #triedandtested

• July 28, 2016 / 5:08 am

Oh I hear that, we spent last weekend in the garden! Although at least it gave us chance to chat without being constantly interrupted! Thanks for stopping by x