45 Kids Advent Calendars Contents Ideas

Kids Advent Calendar Contents Ideas. This week I am planning to put the kids advent calendars together and I have been trying to  come up with content ideas. Both kids have wooden ones which we brought from Fortum and Mason. Considering they will have them until they leave home they are not badly priced. I’m also secretly hoping they will be passed on at some point. As Kipper is only six months old I was initially thinking of just putting in his advent activities. I am sure that Monkey will love to open the calendar for him. So it would be more interesting for him to have some other than little pieces of card. For this reason I am also thinking about adding building blocks in.

45 Kids Advent Calendar Contents Ideas

For Monkey he will also have his own advent activities although they are tailored to the fact that his four. Last year he had matchbox cars, the year before little fish counters and the year before that duplo. Traditionally I have selected one things and got 24 of that thing along with some chocolate. Thinking about it I may have missed a trick. As Monkey is older this year I am planning on putting something different in each door. It will be more work to get it all but I am thinking he will enjoy the surprise so much more. If it works then I will be collecting through out the year next time round as I will be back at work!  I have been doing some brain storming to try and think of things which could be added (for boys and girls):

1. Marbles
  2. Stickers
  3. Loom Bands
  4. Matchbox Cars
  5. Duplo or Lego
  6. Lego characters or people
  7. Counters – such as counting fish
  8. Collectables and Blind Bags – such as shopkins
  9. Christmas Advent Activity Cards
  10. Treasure hunt clues – to find a prize or a Christmas Eve Box hidden in the house somewhere
  11. Christmas decorations
  40. Jigsaw pieces
  41. Homemade play dough
  42. Chocolate Coins
  43. Crayons
  44. Nativity counters to tell the nativity story
  45. Baby Bonding Tokens

I have also made a printable version, incase you want to  take it shopping with you, which is what I will probably do. Since my post baby brain still needs a bit of help!

kids-advent-calendar-contents-ideas-2

What do you put in your kids advent calendars? I would love to hear in the comments below.

© Mudpie Fridays. Unauthorised use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Mudpie Fridays with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. Email: mudpiefridays@hotmail.com

1. November 23, 2016 / 7:48 am

You saviour – I’ve got the most beautiful advent calendar for Josh but had no idea what to fill it with. You’ve saved the day! Thank you so much for this post xx #BloggerClubUK

2. November 23, 2016 / 8:34 am

Wow so many great ideas. We were doing chocolate and hair accessories but now wondering about adding some Christmas story stones. We are making a set of story stones for Christmas so a few christmas themed ones might be a nice introduction to them.
    Claire recently posted…A week in the lake districtMy Profile

3. November 23, 2016 / 9:29 am

There are some great ideas here. I would put hair accessories and jewllery in my girls one if I did it. I may do this in a couple of years but I think they are too young at the moment. I couldn’t put marbles in for example and due to their size they are perfect.
    #BloggerClubUK
    Kirsty – Winnettes recently posted…My Christmas Wish ListMy Profile

4. November 23, 2016 / 1:46 pm

Oooh lots of ideas on here that I’ve not thought of before! I afraid I’ve never been organised enough to think about doing a “fill your own” calendar and we’ve always just used the shop-bought chocolate ones (and usually end up forgetting to buy one until 3rd or 4th Dec too and then we have to eat a load to catch up!). Maybe next year… #BloggerClubUK
    Lucy At Home recently posted…Bloggers Bluff #09: Media MummyMy Profile

5. November 23, 2016 / 1:51 pm

I love the idea of homemade advent calendars, growing up my mum always did this for me and my sister, sometimes it would be little toys, more often than not it was sweets and chocolate though! #BloggerClubUK
    Louise – Mummy Miller recently posted…What’s on my Christmas Wish ListMy Profile

6. Alison (MadHouseMum)
    November 23, 2016 / 5:30 pm

I am sure this list will help a lot of people 🙂 Great ideas. We never did anything like this when my kids were little. Alison x #BloggerClubUK
    Alison (MadHouseMum) recently posted…Grab what you know by the ballsMy Profile

7. November 23, 2016 / 8:05 pm

I’ve seen a few posts now of people doing their own advent calenders for their kids. Do you make it from scratch or just buy empty ones and fill yourself? If making from scratch that seems a little too much hard work for me and I think I’d rather just stick to the chocolate ready made kind lol but if you can buy ones you fill yourself I think I could get on board with that. You’ve listed some really really great ideas here.

(Unhinged mummy stopping by from #blogger-club-uk). Thanks for hosting 🙂
    Janine recently posted…Feeling FestiveMy Profile

8. November 23, 2016 / 10:13 pm

There are some really good ideas here, I cannot wait til Ben gets older to try these out! #bloggerclubUK

9. November 24, 2016 / 7:08 am

I LOVE this idea! I haven’t heard of it before. I’ll definately be doing this when my daughter is older. Please post it again next year to remind me ???? #SharingTheBlogLove

10. November 24, 2016 / 10:16 am

This is just what I needed, I only have 5 doors filled so far!! #BloggerClubUK
    Briony recently posted…Feeling Calm #43My Profile

11. November 24, 2016 / 1:30 pm

Even though they are Teens my kids still love the advent calendar tradition. I bought one with drawers when they were little and have always filled it with different things through the years. It is getting tougher now that they are older but stationery, coins and sample sized toiletries are failsafes. #bloggerclubuk
    Jo (Mother of Teenagers) recently posted…Removing the Safety Net From Our ChildrenMy Profile

12. November 24, 2016 / 7:09 pm

I’ve never done this but is something I’d consider definitely. Last year little one was bought one of the Playmobil ones and I hated it. I was finding those tiny toys everywhere for months after!! Great ideas. #bloggerclubuk
    Jaki recently posted…A Touch Of Kindness – Wednesday Wisdom 6My Profile

13. November 24, 2016 / 9:26 pm

Fantastic ideas and exactly what I needed as I bought my son a DIY advent calender this year. I love the thought of a Christmas eve treasure hunt too. #BloggerClubUK
    Caroline recently posted…DIY Star garland – Christmas Craft weekMy Profile

14. November 24, 2016 / 10:16 pm

Great ideas! I like the idea of using little gifts instead of chocolate as I do try and avoid my 2year old having too much sugar. I’ve gone for the HappyLand calendar this year and I’m doing a book calendar as well. #BloggerClubUK

15. November 25, 2016 / 4:12 am

You have really created an amazing list. You children will really enjoy their time with you.

16. November 26, 2016 / 1:13 pm

I like the idea of getting pieces of a whole that goes together each day! It’d be exciting & also would keep the cost down. My boys love Match Attax cards, that’d be a cool advent treat to do too! #bloggerclubuk
    Becky, Cuddle Fairy recently posted…Breastfeeding in Ireland: Support & ResourcesMy Profile

17. November 27, 2016 / 11:37 pm

Some great ideas! My boys would love cars and lego in theirs. My daughter would love hairclips and crayons! #BloggerClubUK

18. November 27, 2016 / 11:51 pm

I love the idea of having activity advent calendars. As kids we had a fabric advent calendar which my mum stocked with different chocolate. It made it much more fun that the shop bought verity so I can imagine how fun kids must find it with activities thrown in too! #bloggerclubuk
    Becky recently posted…What do mums really want for Christmas?My Profile