Premier Inn Cambridge City East

Premier Inn Cambridge City East: Since my maternity leave finishes this week I have made the decision to create some things to look forward to. One of those is a couple of nights away each month. Since Hubby has his Birthday on the weekend just gone I decided that a trip to Cambridge would be our first. I had lived in Cambridge for a while when I was at university although thats longer ago now than I care to remember! But it did mean that I knew hotels in the city centre could be expensive.

Premier Inn Cambridge City East

Expensive wasn’t really an option with Kipper’s nursery bill and my salary not kicking in for six weeks once I return. So I opted for the Premier Inn a safe budget family option.

Part of the issue with travelling with young kids is that you need to know what you are going to get. Theres no point turning up to a damp, flea infested room in some dodgy motel… Okay a little extreme but you get the point. The days of making do, laughing about the experience and downing a bottle of red to help get to sleep are long gone – at least for now. So one thing I really like about Premier Inn’s is that they are pretty standard. I know that a family room will be just that, it will fit us all in and there will be enough space for Kipper’s travel cot.

Premier Inn Cambridge City East

Not only that but it will be clean, warm and comfortable. There will be hot water for baths and showers, there will be coffee making facilities so that I can prepare Kipper’s bottles and there will be kids channels on the TV. Okay so we are not going to be in the room watching TV all the time we are away. But its nice to have something to occupy Monkey when he wakes up at 6am. Hey it may mean we can even have a little lay in?

Premier Inn Cambridge City East

The Premier Inn Cambridge City East didn’t disappoint. Unlike other city centre hotels there is car parking for a reasonable £6 a day. Although its quite a small car park and you can not reserve a space we didn’t have any problem arriving on a Friday evening.

Premier Inn Cambridge City East

There was a man on hand to help us check in although they have now introduced these terminals where you can do it yourself. I must admit I don’t like this. But can see it being a lot more convenient for business guests perhaps driving late and leaving early. When we got up to the room they had sent it up for four, this was my fault as I had not requested a travel cot. However very quickly two members of staff came up and dismantled the fourth bed, nothing was too much trouble. In fact all the staff we came into contact with were very helpful.

The first night we were there we opted to eat in the restaurant downstairs. Thyme had a broad pub style menu with something for everyone and the kids meals were very good. Monkey had the choice of a two course meal and drink for £5.50. He was starving (apparently) so we added a third course for £2 extra. They also have the cleanest highchairs I have ever seen. We almost ate there again on our second night.

Premier Inn Cambridge City East

Premier Inn have an offer where two children can eat free with each paying adult for breakfast. Breakfast costs £8.99 each, and there was quite a spread. Enough for Hubby and I to still feel full at lunchtime! It was an impressive spread of both hot and cold options.
The next morning after a good nights sleep we walked out from the hotel into central Cambridge, with a buggy and scooter it took us about twenty five minutes to reach the museums. Once off the main roads its an easy pleasant walk.

Premier Inn Cambridge City East

We had a lovely weekend and comfortable stay made less stressful by the later check out time of midday. Theres nothing worse than rushing around after breakfast to get all those last bits packed up. We will definitely be staying with them again in the coming months. Thank you Premier Inn for an enjoyable weekend

We were not compensated for this post in anyway, all opinions are my own.

Premier Inn Cambridge City East

1. February 1, 2017 / 6:47 am

I hope your return to work goes well. I like having something to look forward to too. We’ve stayed in a premier Inn family room too and found it good.

2. February 1, 2017 / 7:29 am

Premier Inns are very good value. I love the breakfast options too! We’ve always been impressed with the standard when we’ve stayed at one. Sounds like they really looked after you.

3. February 1, 2017 / 8:18 am

I often stay in Premier Inns when we go back to Oxford and I must say they are very good. I’m so glad you had a nice stay xx #bloggerclubuk

4. Claire
    February 1, 2017 / 8:28 am

I hope you’re return to work goes well, premier inns are really good value! #bloggerclubuk

5. Jane Taylor Maflingo
    February 1, 2017 / 9:13 am

We stay at Premier Inns. Love their MASSIVE breakfasts! Fill yer boots! #BloggerclubUK

6. February 1, 2017 / 10:34 am

Glad you had a good time. The site of that breakfast buffet is making my tummy growl right now! #BloggerClubUK

7. February 1, 2017 / 10:55 am

Now that we have the little ones, I love a Premier Inn (something I would turned my nose up at 4 years ago!), and have not had a bad experience yet! Glad you had a good weekend x #BloggerClubUK
    Aleena Brown recently posted…Weaning WilliamMy Profile

8. February 1, 2017 / 11:23 am

Good luck with your return to work 🙂
    Love staying away and Premier Inn is always a good choice 🙂 The breakfast looks great – can see my little one tucking into that!
    x

9. February 1, 2017 / 1:24 pm

It is great that you are aiming to get away each month, family time away from home is such a relief. My friend from the States comes over to the UK every summer with her 5 kids and swears by the Premier Inn for quality and value and as you say you need to know what you are going to get. #BloggerClubUK
    Jo – Mother of Teenagers recently posted…It Must Be My Hormones – The HRT DebateMy Profile

10. February 1, 2017 / 3:23 pm

Premier Inns are my go to hotel whenever I travel with L now. It’s a safe bet. Hope you had fun in Cambridge and your return to work is OK. Xx #bloggerclubuk

11. February 1, 2017 / 4:15 pm

I love a later checkout time. Who wants to get up early and rush around on their last day? Most people don’t get up at 7am on days they’re not working. #BloggerClubUK

12. February 1, 2017 / 6:59 pm

I can’t believe we were both in Cambridge this weekend, and even more strange is that we were going to stay here too!! We changed out minds at the last minute, dammit! I love Premier Inns, I think their beds are the comfiest I’ve ever slept in, including our own ridiculously expensive mattress!! #BloggerClubUK

13. February 1, 2017 / 8:21 pm

Sounds like a lovely trip. I alos love Premier Inns as the beds are always so comfy and like you say you know what you are going to get. I’ve been thinking about planning a small trip away this year as we wont be having a big holiday so will have a further look in to Premier Inn Cambridge! #BloggerClubUK

14. February 1, 2017 / 9:13 pm

There’s a Premier Inn near where we live and, on special occasions, we pop down there just for the breakfast! It’s definitely an impressive spread. Glad you had a good time – it’s good to have a bit of time away and a change of scenery #BloggerClubUK
    Lucy At Home recently posted…11 Tricks Every Budget Party Planner Should KnowMy Profile

15. February 2, 2017 / 1:12 am

I want to go to a little Inn like this with my family! I love it when places let kids eat free! #BloggerClubUK

16. Alison (MadHouseMum)
    February 2, 2017 / 7:37 am

I have to say that I only ever hear good things about Premier Inns – especially the beds! I agree that it’s so important to have things to look forward to. Alison x #BloggerClubUK

17. February 2, 2017 / 9:21 am

I drove to France last year for Disney and stopped at a Premier Inn prior to getting the Euro tunnel and we had a wonderful stay. The kids loved us all being in the same room, it was a real adventure for them and nice as a one off night #BloggersClubUK

18. February 2, 2017 / 10:01 am

Premier Inns are a good option – I love your goal of going away each month. Think I’d like that one too! #BloggerClubUK

19. February 2, 2017 / 9:52 pm

You can’t beat Premier Inn. We have stayed in quite a few, you can get some really cheap deals plus you know what to expect. We are staying in a Premier inn when we go Legoland. 5 nights in Slough – living the dream! ????

20. February 3, 2017 / 1:58 pm

I like Premier Inns – as you say you know what to expect and the standard is usually good. I haven’t been to the Cambridge one but it sounds nice and the breakfast looked great!
    Debbie
    Random Musings recently posted…Blogger Spotlight Interview: Mummy Times TwoMy Profile

21. February 3, 2017 / 5:52 pm

We did exactly the same and thought it was great.To know that it will be clean,warm and comfortable is so important when travelling with little ones.#bloggersclubuk
    Jenny-apply to face blog recently posted…Placatory Pregnancy Apple PieMy Profile

22. February 3, 2017 / 8:00 pm

Premier inn’s are great. I’m pleased you enjoyed your stay. #bloggersclubuk

23. February 4, 2017 / 7:08 pm

I’ve always found Premier Inn staff to be helpful and polite. A bed shop recently told us that people come in asking for a bed like the one they slept on in a Premier Inn!

24. February 4, 2017 / 8:50 pm

I’ve really enjoyed my last few stays in a Premier Inn – a year past October we used the one at Gatwick and it was amazing for the price. You’re right about needing to know what you’re going to with kids. Looking forward to seeing where you’re off to next month! #BloggerClubUK

25. February 6, 2017 / 4:26 am

I’m all about the budget-friendly hotels! Chains tend to be nice and clean, regardless if they’re inexpensive or higher-end. Good for you for getting everyone out and about! #BloggerClubUK