It’s finally arrived – February! The month I have been dreading as it means I’m returning to work and leaving my babies again. I’ve really made the most of my last month of my maternity bubble, and ticked everything off my last month of maternity leave bucket list.
This month it’s all about looking forward to Spring and making plans with the boys and Hubby. Since our time together will be less frequent I really want to make it count. Which is why we have decided to go away each month as a family. Nothing expensive or fancy just a night away from the daily grind and long list of chores at home. We ended January with our first trip – 24 hours in Cambridge.
I have also kept this list intentionally blog free as I write a monthly review and round up post, with some actions and plans. Although I’ve still a lot to tick off my January plan! This list is all about family time, me time and craft projects, which inevitably take longer than I planned!
- Make some valentine craft with Monkey
- Have a special mummy and monkey day out in half term, as Kipper will be at nursery it will be a good excuse to have a day with him alone
- Attend the Mums Enterprise Roadshow in Brighton
- Go back to work …
- Go away to Warwick for the weekend visit the castle and *maybe* CBeebies Land
- Make some pat bags for Kipper – a new sensory toy I was introduced to by our Baby Sensory classes
- Set up sensory play area for Kipper at home
- Celebrate pankcake day on the 28th Feb
- Visit the butterflies in the Glasshouse at Wisley
- Buy some daffodils for my desk ….every week!
- Go spring flower hunting
- Have a date night with Hubby
- Go to yoga each week – I have found a class which is a drop in and have been going for the last few weeks. I hope to keep it up when I go back to work as its after bedtime for the boys and juggling everything I will definitely need some down time.
- Decide on a theme for Kippers First Birthday
- Read #GirlBoss
- Visit a new National Trust property
- Book our Summer holiday
- Participate in National Drink Wine Day on the 18th Feb
- Make Kippers taggy blanket – a long over due project
- Book an online photography course
- Go kite flying for national kite flying day – 8th Feb
- Plan or make Monkeys costume for world book day on the 3rd of Feb. Thankfully he wants to go as himself from his Amazing Pages book which means all we need is a space man outfit result!
Come back next month to see what I managed to get done. What else is on your bucket list for this month?
If you’ve liked this post please follow me on my social media channels: