Monkey is a huge Blaze and The Monster Machines fan and he often requests to watch it on the television, normally just as I am trying to get him out of the door to school! I had no idea that there was a whole toy range based around the popular kids TV show on NickJr. Needless to say as soon as Monkey spied the Blaze Light and Launch Hyperloop I knew it wasn’t going to be long until he requested we get it out to play with.
On opening the box I was a little worried to see that it came in several pieces. We have a bad track record of putting together toys and with a very excited four year old I could see disaster! However I need not have worried as Fisher Price had provided very clear colour pictorial instructions. It literally took me less than five minutes to slot the pieces together and add in the stickers. You do need a Philips screwdriver but only for three screws.
Monkey showed me how to use it! He instinctively knew what to do pushing down on the handle on one side and then pressing the button to release Blaze. As you push down on the handle lights appear before the character is launched into the sky. The swing which Blaze sits on can go a full 360 degrees. There two yellow side pieces (towers) and a blue ramp which can be placed in various combinations to make nine different stunt set ups.
Monkey has had a great time trying this out and testing out some of the combinations. Its aimed at the age 3+ and would make a wonderful present for any Blaze fan. If you have a collector on your hands then you will be pleased to know the translucent Blaze the accompanies this set is an exclusive. The RRP is £29.99 but Argos currently have it available for £24.99.
Things I love
- That it is so easy to put together and the clear instructions really help. Some manufacturers of flat pack furniture could learn a lesson or two from Fisher Price
- You can add to it, the Light and Launch Hyperloop can be added used with any of the light rider sets and accessories with the vehicles interchangeable.
- Batteries are included
- The plastic is good quality, the handle and button are robust and perfect for little hands. I am not concerned that it will break after a few uses
- Its lovely listening to Monkey reenact stories from the TV and hear his imagination come to life. I can see us getting a number of the other characters since we have been on all sorts of missions including rescuing some stranded toys and eating a lot of ice cream. Apparently this happens a lot!
Heres a little video of the Blaze Light and Launch Hyperloop in action:
If you have a Blaze fan in your house then you will be pleased to know that Fisher Price have very kindly agreed to offer a Blaze Light and Launch Hyperloop to one of my readers. To be in with a chance of winning please enter via the Gleam application and note the T&C below.
- Competition is open to residents of UK aged 18 or over
- There is no cash alternative offered
- The winner will be drawn at random and receive a Blaze Light and Launch Hyperloop
- The competition will close on 7th April at 11.59pm, the winner will be notified through Twitter
- The Winner will be asked to provide an email address and full postal address
I have some other giveaways running at the moment so please check them out in the Blog Giveaways Page above.
If you’ve liked this post please follow me on my social media channels:
We were given a Blaze Light and Launch Hyperloop for the purpose of this review all words and opinions are my own.