Being a child of the 80s the original trolls were all the rage! The do say that if you wait long enough everything comes back into fashion and of course now with Dreamworks Trolls being the latest big thing in this case that saying is very true. Being part of the Hasbro Toy Tribe we were sent the Hug Time Poppy Troll Doll for review. Monkey like many other four year olds loves the Trolls one could even say that him and his little friends are boadering on the obsessive. Poppy is the main character in the film and is always on the look out for a hug. So does the toy live up to expectations?
Of course as soon as he saw the Poppy Troll Doll he wanted to get it out the box as quickly as possible, which for a change was relatively easy to do. With Poppy who is approx 35cm tall you get a little blue glittery comb and a flower bracelet. The flower bracelet matches the one on Poppy’s wrist. Monkey was instantly drawn to her hair which is very soft and storable. She also comes with a green crown. The only thing I wasn’t keen on was that the crown as it kept falling off. Not that this bothered Monkey.
The idea behind it is simple if you press the centre of the flower on your bracelet this then interacts with the bracelet on Poppy’s wrist and she starts to talk and sing there are 25 different phrases and songs from the movie, things such as ‘you are my best friend’. The bracket fastens like a watch at the back and is pretty light weight considering its size. the good thing with Poppy is that she doesn’t need the bracelet. If Monkey hugged her or pushed the button her tummy then her hair light up and started to speak or sing. It even looked as though she was dancing at times. The colours in Poppy’s hair would change depending on what she was saying.
Monkey had fun playing with Poppy and reenacting scenes from the film it would be good if you could get some of the other characters in the same size. I can see little positive troll stories being acted out by Monkey and his friends all over the house next time they visit.
Things we love:
- The doll is a good size and feels solid and unlikely to break easily
- Theres is a lot of attention to detail even the little glitter touches on her cheeks.
- It is a good likeness to the Poppy in the film
- I can see the bracelet being a big hit and being worn alone
- The variety of phrases and songs and the way which Poppy interacts, compared to other similar
- It comes with batteries, I would expect this but its amazing how many toys do not come with them. Thankfully these are easy to replace as well.
- I know this is a little mean but there is an off switch which is a massive plus in my book.
- The pictorial instructions are easy to read, I did use them to get her to dance!
Aimed at ages four plus, I would happily recommend Poppy to friends whose kids are equally obsessed by the Trolls. Hug Time Poppy is available at all good high street retailers with an RRP of £49.99.
If you’ve liked this post please follow me on my social media channels:
We were given a Hug Time Poppy Troll Doll for the purpose of this review all opinions are my own