My First Thomas Activity Toy Review: I do feel that sometimes Kipper only ever gets hand me downs, all the big baby purchases such as furniture, the buggy and car seats which is to be expected with a second child. But having two boys that also means clothes and toys. It saves us a fortune but at the same time I do feel a little bit sorry for him. So when we were asked to review My First Thomas Activity Toy I was pleased that he could have something new for a change! So how did we get on?
Kipper was instantly drawn to the soft toy which is part of the My First Thomas and Friends Nursery Collection. He went straight for the baby safe mirror on the front of the toy which is hidden behind Thomas’s face. Intrigued with his own reflection. As he explored the toy it became apparent that his favourite part is the Thomas shaped teether which fits into a little side pocket. Held on by a ribbon Kipper likes to drag the toy around by it. Which means I always know when he’s coming now since the soft plush also chimes!
It took me a while to find the button to make Thomas talk.. but its located on Thomas’s little funnel. The toy makes three noises – a chuffing noise, a peeping noise and says ‘I’m the number one blue engine. When I set it off his face lights up, its very cute to watch. Although at ten months he is a bit young to do it himself. He does like to hold Thomas and shake him up and down to make the chiming noise, so I don’t think it will be long until he figures it out.
Things we love:
- I love the embroidery and detail in the toy.
- Its a great size for littles ones, large enough to be substantial at 20cm but not too big. At ten months Kipper is able to move around with it easy pulling it by the teether.
- Thomas has been designed with lots of different textures to aid development. I particularly like the mirror and the crinkly fabric used in his face. In addition there is some corduroy, shiny plastic, brushed cotton, fleece and soft plush.
The only improvement would be for the teether to be detachable so that I can wash it properly since it is often in Kippers mouth.
Aimed at newborn onwards and made by Rainbow Designs it can be brought at good toy retailers including Tesco with a RRP of £22.99. If you would like the chance to win one then please enter via the Gleam application below and note the T&Cs.
- Competition is open to residents of UK aged 18 or over
- There is no cash alternative offered
- The winner will be drawn at random and a My First Thomas Activity Toy
- The competition will close on 27th April at 11.59pm, the winner will be notified through Twitter
- The Winner will be asked to provide an email address and full postal address
I have some other giveaways running at the moment so please check them out in the Blog Giveaways Page above. Good Luck
If you’ve liked this post please follow me on my social media channels:
We were given a My First Thomas Activity Toy for the purpose of this review all opinions are my own