Living Arrows 15/52 {2017}

‘You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth”

Kahlil Gibran

Last weekend we managed to get out into the garden for the first time this year and realised what a state it is! Theres so much work we need to do that I am seriously thinking about getting some landscapers in to do it. Nevertheless I decided to use the opportunity of good weather to take Kippers monthly photos. Eleven months – where has that gone? I was talking about it with a friend today, I am not sure I am ready to leave the baby years behind just yet. Although theres nothing I can do about it. But eleven months?! I must put some time aside to think about his first Birthday. How did that happen?

Living Arrows

The photo that I have chosen of Monkey this week was actually taken yesterday. We had just finished school for the Easter break and I promised him an ice cream. He normally opts for bubblegum flavour but for some reason he went for blueberry. I have no idea who invented that cursed bright blue, sickly sweet flavoured muck or how it fits into the traditional Italian gelato category. I try to avoid it whenever possible but since I had promised him he could have whatever he wanted I was fully expecting him to choose it. Always one to surprise me, further evidence of his growing independence he chose the blueberry because it had fruit on top… And opted for the golden sprinkles. We found a bench in the sun and he snuggled up close and we ate our ice creams. I am hoping Summer will be full of moments like these.

Living Arrows

Wishing you a great ‘hot and sunny’ weekend xx

Linking up to #LivingArrows

1. April 10, 2017 / 7:20 am

They grow up so fast! First birthdays are so exciting but a little bit sad all at the same time. That ice cream looks amazing. #LittleArrows
    Janet Yarwood recently posted…Sofia the Bear – Living ArrowsMy Profile

2. April 10, 2017 / 8:52 am

I love his little ice-cream photo!! He looks like he’s enjoying it so much. I know, we’re about to hit eleven months and it feels like his birthday is flying round, I can’t believe the months have gone so fast… I’m not ready to not be counting in months!! #livingarrows
    Devon Mama recently posted…Living Arrows: Week FifteenMy Profile

3. April 10, 2017 / 6:50 pm

Our garden is in desperate need of a refurb but we managed to clear some of the leaves behind it this weekend. How nice of monkey to have chosen blueberry – I don’t think I have ever had that before! #LivingArrows
    Sherry recently posted…Cheeky Smiles {Living Arrows 2017 – 10/4/17}My Profile

4. April 10, 2017 / 9:01 pm

We’ve been enjoying the garden over the last couple of weeks. That ice cream looks good, I’m sure we will be having one over the Easter break x #LivingArrows
    Laura – dear bear and beany recently posted…Living Arrows 15/52 {2017}My Profile

5. April 10, 2017 / 9:45 pm

They really do grow too fast don’t they, 11 months seems scary as they are nearly at that whole one year age mark! My baby is going to be four this week…don’t know where the time goes at all! The ice-cream looks super tasty, good on him picking the “healthy” option too…i would definitely have gone for a good old mint choc chip 😉
    Laura recently posted…Living Arrows 15/52My Profile

6. April 11, 2017 / 11:46 am

We’ve been loving getting outside in the garden the last few weeks too. I was despairing about ours at the start of March – we had two floods last year, I put loads of effort into restoring it all after the first time but the second one hit me hard and I hardly touched the garden over autumn/winter. I felt it was a complete write off for this year, given everything else that will be happening over this summer, but a few hours here and there have transformed it and we’re back on track. I’m sure you (or the landscapers) will have it looking great in no time! #livingarrows
    Katy – Hot Pink Wellingtons recently posted…Living Arrows 15/52My Profile