Love Boo Baby Skincare Review: Its funny isn’t it, you think you know all the good products out there in the market and then suddenly you come across and brand and think why have I only just found you now? Thats exactly what has happened with me and Love Boo. Launched in 2008 by two professional mummies on the birth of their second children the aim of the company is to:
“to create affordable, luxurious products that are effective and kind to all skin types, and that look fabulous too – we want our customers to be as happy with the look of our goodies as they are with the results. From day one, we have always insisted that manufacture stays within the UK to help support home-grown business and to ensure we could maintain a stringent quality control.
Jennifer & Corinna Founders of Love Boo
They manufacture mummy skincare, baby skincare and haircare. Looking through the list of products on their website there are a number of items that I would have used before now. Such as their perineum massage oil, I spoke about the importance of using this in my planning for natural birth post. I would definitely have also used their cradle cap balm as Kipper developed quite bad cradle cap late on and I am serious thinking about trying their sleep spray after Kippers lack of sleeping pattern.
Love Boo sent me three products to review:
- Soft & Splashy Bubbles: Like all Love Boo products it only includes natural ingredients including, Tahitian Monoi, from Tiare blossoms to hydrate and protect, marshmallow plant extract to help lock in moisturise and oats to gently cleanse. With added goodies like olive oil and chamomile it leaves baby’s skin soft and moisturised. Verdict: This bubble bath/wash does indeed create loads of bubbles, yet it doesn’t leave a residue on the bath like some alternative products can. It is not fragranced but I do love the fresh clean smell it creates. RRP £7.99.
- Kind & Creamy Baby Lotion: The natural ingredients include Tahitian Monoi, from Tiare blossoms to hydrate and protect, pomegranate extract to nourish and moisturise and cotton seed oil to condition and soothe. It is designed to stop itching, as well as using it on Kipper I have been using it on my hands as I often forget my hand cream and this lives in his nappy bag at the moment. I love it as its not greasy and I like the new baby smell, plus the real bonus is that I only need to use it once a day regardless of the number of times I wash my hands they remain soft and smooth. Its designed as an all over body moisturiser for Kipper I have been mainly using it in his creases as they can go a little pink sometimes and this does the job in brining the redness down. RRP £7.99.
- Soothing Bottom Butter: The natural ingredients include cotton seed oil, Tahitian Monoi and lavender oil which work to soothe and moisturise while zinc oxide forms a barrier. I have long been a one brand only person when it comes to a barrier cream for nappy rash. However this has changed since I have used Love Boo’s bottom butter, for a start it is not a screw top! Which makes a big difference when Kipper is trying to roll off of the changing table. I didn’t realise it was midwife approved either, although I am not surprised. When he has had quite bad nappy rash because of teething or sitting in a wet nappy at nursery all day I have layered it on and its made all the difference. I would definitely recommend it, I have even used it on the dry patches on my elbows and its cleared them up a treat. RRP £8.99.
Things I love:
- They have banned all harsh ingredients from their products which means they do not contain, Parabens, Petrochemicals, Sulphates, Synthetic colours, Triethanolamine (TEA) or Diethanolamine (DEA). I must admit the last two are a little lost on me but the fact they don’t have harsh ingredients means I can use them on the boys skin without fear of our family eczema issue.
- They do not test on animals
- The packaging is really cute and pretty
- I like the fact that under each product the ingredients are listed, some ingredients also have pictures and brief description of the benefit that it brings to the product.
- The website is full of information for parents such as how to top and tail, when to start bathing baby, tips for nappy rash etc.
- The ladies have made a conscious decision to maintain UK manufacturing to support home grown businesses but this also means they can keep to their strict quality controls.
- You will know from my other reviews that I will always lean towards products developed by mums over big corporates. Love Boo also ticks this box
I would recommend the Love Boo range to all my mummy friends for their little ones. But don’t just take my word for it. Love Boo have very kindly offered my readers the chance to win one of each of the items mentioned in this post – Soft & Splashy Bubbles, Kind & Creamy Baby Lotion and Soothing Bottom Butter. You can enter via the Gleam application below and please note the T&Cs:
Love Boo Baby Skincare RRP £25
- Competition is open to residents of UK aged 18 or over
- There is no cash alternative offered
- The winner will be drawn at random and receive one each of Soft & Splashy Bubbles, Kind & Creamy Baby Lotion and Soothing Bottom Butter
- The competition will close on 17th May at 11.59pm, the winner will be notified through Twitter
- The Winner will be asked to provide an email address and full postal address
I have some other giveaways running at the moment so please check them out in the Blog Giveaways Page . Good Luck!
If you’ve liked this post please follow me on my social media channels:
We were given the same set of samples in return for this post, I write complete and honest reviews.