Thomas & Friends™ Adventures Shark Escape: You know you are onto a good thing when your almost five year old starts jumping up and down and proclaiming this is so cool… even before you have opened the box. I had no idea that he even knew this super new Thomas & Friends toy existed but he did and he could not wait to get it out of the box. Like many toys we have played with I noted it came in several pieces, once again Fisher Price had provided very clear colour pictorial instructions on how to put it together. Hubby put the track together in less than five minutes. I really like that it is designed to go with other sets in the collection so you can build the fun over time. Although this set has a predefined route with more track you could build whatever shape you wanted. The reason Monkey loved it so much is that he had seen an advert for it on TV. So he knew exactly what to do and showed me how to play with it, but for those of you who have not seen it:
Thomas rides the waves to escape a mighty shark and your child can control the action in this thrilling playset that allows children to imagine and play out Thomas’ adventures on the roaring waves! When Thomas needs to travel off the Island of Sodor, he boards a crate so Harold the helicopter can transport him high above the waves. When Thomas breaks free from the crate, he goes on a wild, splashy ride through the waves and right into the chomping jaws of the shark!
Monkey has had a great time flying the crate up into the air and releasing Thomas. There is a clip on the inside of the wave bit which locks that element of the toy into place, to ensure Thomas goes round the loop the loop. Its aimed at the age 3+ and would make a wonderful present for any Thomas fan. The RRP is £29.99 but Argos currently have the Thomas & Friends train set, available for £19.99.
Things I love
- I really like the translucent element of the track, the wave, despite being plastic it is very tactile and because of this it really stands out.
- The fact that there is a shark at the bottom of the loop with a little bar which make the shark chomp as Thomas rushes past
- That it is so easy to put together and the clear instructions really help.
- You can add to it any of the Thomas & Friends sets can be used in conjunction with this set. I like that Thomas is a die cast and interchangeable
- Like other Fisher Price toys we have reviewed Fisher Price toys we have reviewed The plastic is good quality and I am not concerned that it will break after a few uses
- Helps develop gross motor and sensory skills, and helps inspire imagination
- I really enjoy watching Monkey play with the Thomas & Friends™ Adventures Shark Escape set reenacting little stories and listening to the conversions that are going on between Harold and Thomas.
Heres a little video of the Thomas & Friends™ Adventures Shark Escape in action:
He has also been watching YouTube channels recently so you will see an element of this in the little video below!
If you have a Thomas fan in your house then you will be pleased to know that Fisher Price have very kindly agreed to offer a Thomas & Friends™ Adventures Shark Escape to one of my readers. To be in with a chance of winning please enter via the Gleam application and note the T&C below.
- Competition is open to residents of UK aged 18 or over
- There is no cash alternative offered
- The winner will be drawn at random and receive a Thomas & Friends™ Adventures Shark Escape
- The competition will close on 21st May at 11.59pm, the winner will be notified through Twitter
- The Winner will be asked to provide an email address and full postal address
I have some other giveaways running at the moment so please check them out in the Blog Giveaways Page above.
If you’ve liked this post please follow me on my social media channels:
We were given a Thomas & Friends™ Adventures Shark Escape for the purpose of this review all words and opinions are my own.