Monkey is a huge Paw Patrol fan so when we were asked to review the Paw Patrol Jumbling Towers Game I knew it would go down well with him. I just hadn’t anticipated how well! We took this game away with us when we visited Tregenna Castle because its very compact. Unfortunately the weather was less than perfect which gave us the perfect excuse to try it out since then it has become a firm favourite.
In the box you get instructions, a coloured dice and 48 blocks in three colours. The blue blocks are linked to Chase, yellow Rubble and red blocks Marshall. The players take it in turns to roll the dice to find out which paw patrol coloured block they need to remove and place on top of the tower. The person to cause the tower to come tumbling down first looses. Its also possible to play a one player game where you try to beat your personal best of getting as many levels as possible.
To make it fair when I set the game up I included one of each colour of blocks on each level. I also made sure there was a gap between them so it would be easier for Monkey to be able to remove them. Since he is at the end of the recommended age range of 4-8 years.
Naturally Monkey had to go first and was surprisingly careful when removing his block. We only lasted about six or seven goes before the whole tower came tumbling down with Monkey finding it hilarious.
Things we love:
- Its not a particularly long game which means we can fit it in before bedtime or when I know we only have twenty minutes or so to fill. I actually think this will mean we use it a lot more than some of our other games.
- Its straight forward to set up
- The instructions are easy to understand
- Its surprisingly light to carry considering other styles of this game can be quite heavy. This is important when you want to take it away with you
- The blocks are good quality, to date we have not had any paint chips despite the constant tumbling down.
- It helps develop Monkey’s patience and logical thinking. He has learnt that its best to consider options instead of rushing in and taking the first one he comes to.
- For younger children it would help with colour recognition too
I would definitely recommend this to Paw Patrol fans out there. It has a recommend retail price of £9.99 but you can buy it on Amazon at the moment for £6.99. which is an absolute bargain and would make a great Birthday gift for Monkey’s little school friends.
If you’ve liked this post please follow me on my social media channels:
This is a collaborative post with Spin Master we were kindly given Paw Patrol Jumbling Towers for the purpose of this review.