Living Arrows 19/52 {2017}

‘You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth”

Kahlil Gibran

Last weekend we headed down to Cornwall for the bank holiday, staying at Tregenna Castle in St Ives. Unfortunately for the majority of the weekend the weather was not on our side, however we did manage to get one good day. On that day we ventured out to the beach in the afternoon and got lucky because the tide was out. Its the first time this year we have ventured to the beach and I had forgotten how much I missed it.

Its seems like both boys felt the same. The look of sheer enjoyment in Monkey’s face says it all:

Living Arrows Week 19

Needless to say that those jeans did not stay dry very long. I love this photo of Kipper, its not the most attractive one I have ever taken of him. But the look of concentration and confusion on his face as he gets sand in his toes melts my heart. Although we have a sand pit at home to date he’s been too young to really go in it. Judging by how much he was loving the sand once he got use to it I think that may change this Summer!

Living Arrows Week 19

Hopefully we will get to the beach again before long, a sandy one rather than the endless pebbles we are use to. Fingers crossed for good weather, have a great week everyone x

Linking up to #LivingArrows

1. May 8, 2017 / 7:35 am

Beautiful photos!

Sorry to hear you didn’t get the weather for much of your break. On the flip side, I guess the bad weather makes us appreciate a break in the clouds all the more!

2. May 8, 2017 / 11:54 am

I only know of St Ive’s because of Rick Stein (ignorant Northerner) so I was amazed to see how beautiful the beach was! Sorry you only got to enjoy it for one of your days! Kipper looks like he is carefully assessing what on earth is underneath him! Always best to be a bit cautious at first, Little Man!x

3. May 8, 2017 / 3:49 pm

Getting dirty means they had fun! Hope you have good weather next time #livingarrows

4. May 10, 2017 / 8:59 am

Such a shame that you didn’t have the best weather but this one day looks so lovely. I love the look on Kipper’s face too! #livingarrows
    Hannah Spannah recently posted…Living Arrows 2017 19/52My Profile

5. May 11, 2017 / 4:23 am

Looks like a fab day, I do think Cornwall is so lovely in any weather. I miss it and would love to go back one day soon. Monkey looks like he is having a blast! x #LivingArrows
    Rosie @ Little Fish recently posted…Living Arrows 2017 – 19/52My Profile

6. May 14, 2017 / 3:13 pm

Love that photo of Monkey, you can’t beat the feeling you get at the beach! And Kipper’s face is just brilliant, he looks like he’s trying to work out what on earth is going on! x #LivingArrows

7. May 14, 2017 / 6:12 pm

Gorgeous captures, I love beach days and only wish we lived closer #livingarrows

8. May 15, 2017 / 9:59 pm

This has brought so many memories back. I have stayed at Treganna Castle twice before with my parents and siblings. We always had such a brilliant stay, and St Ives is wonderful. Such a long time ago now though. Cornwall is stunning. #LivingArrows
    Esther @ Inside Out & About recently posted…20/52My Profile