Trendy Baby Box Review & Giveaway: Subscription boxes seem to be all the rage at the moment, and they definitely make sense for time poor parents. The craze has somehow passed us by until now when I was contacted by Trendy Baby Box to see if we would like to try out their new subscription service. I loved buying clothes for both the boys but with work stepping up a gear and the desire to spend quality time with Kipper on my day off I just don’t shop. I don’t shop for myself either. At the weekends I would much rather spend time as a family of four than drag them around the shops.
Yet they still need clothes. Trendy Baby Box promises to deliver 3 to 5 items of clothing enough to make a whole outfit and gives you the option to mix and match with items already in baby’s wardrobe. They post out on the same day every month which means that you know when to expect the delivery.
Waiting for ours I was excited to see what we would receive and wether it would match up with my standards. As I am not a fan of boys clothes in general so was hoping not to see lots of browns and khakis when I opened the box!
When you open the box you are presented with this lovely package of clothes, the tissue paper is a nice touch and makes it feel very special. So the big surprise…. I was delighted to find a little Summer outfit for Kipper perfect for this time of year and something we are missing in his current wardrobe. And the best bit there was no brown or khaki in sight.
Both items are 100% cotton which is perfect for a babies skin. I love the shorts and I would never have thought of buying red shorts for Kipper or Monkey before. They are the perfect length for his. The t-shirt is really good quality, white can be a bit see through but not this one. The print is bold and slightly raised. The items go together really well. And then there are the shoes…
They are the most adorable pair of shoes I have seen, made from suede with flexible rubber soles I fell in love with them straight away. Kipper has big feet so I was a little worried that they may not fit, yet Trendy Baby Box had thought about this and sent a size 21 which is the equivalent to a UK 4.5. Since he has just started to take a few steps they are perfect for him and really match the shorts and t-shirt well.
Things I love:
- Oh I love the outfit, he looks so cute in it! I know I am bias, but I would challenge any parent not to be happy with the contents of this box.
- I really like the idea. It would make a lovely gift for a new parent.
- The choice of clothes is made by parents and tailored to your babies gender and age.
- You have lots of options from a price perspective, a month starts at £35 up to twelve months at £336 pre paid. Which works out at a reduced price of £28 per month for up to five items so as low as £5.60 per item. Thats incredible value when you think the items are from designer brands all over the world
- The fact that they go out at the same time every month so you know when to expect your surprise
- Its run by parents for parents, I am all about supporting small home grown businesses that get what being a parent is all about.
- The little touches I love the card which came with Kippers box telling me all about his twelve month developments. This is a really lovely touch and is the sort of thing you could include in a baby scrapbook or similar.
The only thing I would like to see is an increase in the maximum age, which is currently 12 months. This is purely from selfish reasons as we are now too old to sign up to the subscription service.
If you need a little more convincing here is the contents of another box we were sent:
I am really impressed with the service, fast delivery and the contents of our Trendy Baby Box. I think it would make a perfect gift for a new parent. Or even a second time parent like me who doesn’t have the time to spend trawling the high street for clothes. The value is amazing and I am totally in love with Kipper’s new shoes…
But don’t take my word for it, the wonderful people at Trendy Baby Box have very kindly agreed to offer one lucky reader a months subscription worth £35. Please enter via the gleam application below and please note the terms and conditions.
- Competition is open to those aged 18 or over
- There is no cash alternative offered
- The winner will be drawn at random and receive one months subscription to Trendy Baby Box
- The competition will close on 19th July at 11.59pm, the winner will be notified through Twitter
- The Winner will be asked to provide an email address
- Boxes will be sent out on the 25th of the month so please note it could be up to a month before your receive your subscription box depending on timings of the giveaway etc.
I have a number of other giveaways running at the moment more details can be found on the Blog Giveaways Page above. Good Luck!
If you’ve liked this post please follow me on my social media channels:
We were given a Trendy Baby Box for Kipper for the purpose of an honest review all words and opinions are my own.