I was nominated to receive a Liebster Award by the lovely GrowingupKaterTot. Thank you so much, for passing this award to me. You can find her amazing blog at www.growingupkatertot.weebly.com please take the time to follow you won’t be disappointed. There are numerous wonderful craft ideas for your little ones and some really yummy looking recipes.
If you are new to the Liebster Award it is passed around the blogging community as a way for new bloggers to get to know one another. If you choose to accept the award, follow these 6 steps:
1) Recognize the blogger who nominated you with a link to their blog – tick
2) Post the Liebster Award badge on your blog – tick
3) Write 11 facts about yourself.
4) Nominate 5-11 bloggers (with fewer than 1,000 followers) who you feel deserve the award.
5) Answer the 11 questions posted by the presenter.
6) Write 11 questions for your nominees.
So lets do this, 11 facts about myself
- I have been happily married for almost 6 years and have one beautiful son who is almost three (who was 16 days late!)
- I have a BA Hons in Business and I am a Chartered Financial Planner
- I work mainly from home or my car..
- Honestly – I probably drink too much but prefer red wine to white
- My favourite food is Thai
- I walked on fire to raise money for charity
- I love to sew, craft and scrapbook – although I don’t have much time for this anymore
- My dream is to design and exhibit a garden at Chelsea
- For our honeymoon we did a road trip of Italy but my new hubby decided to try out the wedding insurance by writing off the hire car!
- We would love to have a small holding one day…
- This year I will be the wrong side of 35! – Bring it on.
Below are the questions which GrowingupKaterTot
1. How did you decide on the title of your blog? – I work a 4 day week which means I get to spend a lovely extra day a week with my little monkey. I wanted to pay homage to this in the title of the blog…mudpies are his favourite so it made sense. Although I was hanging out the washing at the time the name hit me! www.mudpiefridays.com
2. Do you have any pets? Tell us about them – I have a rather disgruntled cat, he was mummy’s baby prior to Monkey turning up. His name is Alfie, he’s 7 years old and we’ve had him since he was 5 weeks. Friends came to visit and literally brought him with them, nothing else just this poor little petrified kitten in a cardboard box. (this is not a good photo of him but he won’t pose!!)
3. What does your dream house look like? – It has to be symmetrical! So really that leads itself to a Georgian one, although realistically an old farm house with a couple of acres we can put our own mark on. I say realistically we would still need to win the lottery…!!
4. Do you have a significant other? How did you meet? – yes. We got set up by a friend of mine at her 21st birthday. I told him I wasn’t interested, 9 months later we moved in together… and the rest is history… I am lucky he gets me completely and does his own ironing and 95% of the cooking!
6. What is your favourite travel destination? – Italy. Anywhere and everywhere. The honeymoon didn’t put us off and when Monkey was about 15 months old we drove from the UK, through Europe to the lakes. We stopped over in Germany on the way down and back and spent some time going through the Alps in Switzerland on a train. It was a great adventure. Although next time I am not sure we would choose a rustic tower with a toddler and only one stair gate we brought from home! lol.
7. What is your favourite book? – Enid Blyton – The Magic Faraway Tree – yes I am still a kid at heart and I can’t wait for Monkey to be old enough for me to read this to him. I have even brought a new copy with pictures for him already…. I do read a lot but now the fiction has been replaced with blogging books (I’m learning – honest) and parenting books, or worse audio books due to the amount of time I spend in the car.
8. Describe one of your happiest childhood memories – I am really bad at this, which is why I keep a journal and take so many photos. Sadly I have very few childhood memories. Don’t get me wrong all the photos and stories my parents tell me I was loved and spoilt in equal measure. I just struggle with memories. But one light bulb moment is one of me and my brother sitting on the step outside a holiday caravan in Dawlish after just having spent the whole day at the beach – planning the sandcastle we were going to build the next day! One of my brothers favourite pass times when we get together for a beer (he lives in Canada so not as often as it use to be) is to remind me that I use to feed him grass and woodlice when he was a toddler – well what are big sisters for?
9. If you had three wishes, what would they be? – That Monkey grows up happy and that it continues into adulthood. I can’t define what that will look like, but ultimately whatever it is he feels he needs to make him happy. To design and exhibit at Chelsea. That my family and friends keep their health. I know that sounds a bit idealistic but I have recently been diagnosed with Lupus and an underachieve thyroid. For someone who has only ever been to the doctors when she was pregnant it was a bit of a shock. Thankfully the thyroid is now under control and I have Lupus extremely mildly however it was still a shock and brought a few things home..
10. Where do you see yourself in 5 years from now? – this is difficult maybe a promotion? At the moment we are trying to decide what our future looks like and if we are going to move. Until we have decided it makes it difficult to plan anything else. Sorry naff answer but I definitely feel like we are in a period of transition…
11. What is your favourite restaurant? – there is a little Thai in Horsham called River Kwai. Its been there for years and it was the first restaurant we went to when we moved up from Brighton. The menu is not extensive and I don’t think its changed ever.. but has the most amazing crab sausage and pad thai. Its very traditional and a complete one off, which is why I love it so.
The wonderful newbie bloggers who I am nominating for The Liebster Award are:
- Scrummy Mummy Maternity
- Mummy On My Mind
- Musings of an Average Mon
- Muddy Puddles & Glitter
- Sloth Mom
- Life with Baby Kicks
- Single Working Mum UK
- School at Home Mom
So the 11 questions for my nominees are
- How long have you been blogging for and what inspired you start?
- If you could go anywhere in the world/do anything on holiday what would it be?
- Whats your favourite song?
- Whats your favourite activity/craft/day out to do/create/have with your little one(s)?
- If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
- How would you choose to spend much needed ‘me time’?
- Whats your favourite post that you have written to date?
- Whats the best thing in your wardrobe?
- Who do you admire?
- If you won £1m what would you spend it on?
- Share one thing you are going to blog about next week
Please let me know if you accept the award and when you have written your post – no rush 🙂