Welcome to the Blogger Club UK!!
I co-host this linky & community with the lovely Becky from Cuddle Fairy. The linky runs from 6am Wednesday – 12pm Friday GMT where all bloggers are welcome to add any type of post they like. The Blogger Club UK community & linky are not limited to the UK – we’d love to have bloggers from all over the world join us. Becky & I will comment on all linked posts between us & we each choose a favorite post to feature the following week.
If this is your first time joining us, please check out the Blogger Club UK Page for more details about the community & linky.
So its been a busy week with me actually starting maternity leave! One of the things on my To-do-list before Kipper makes an appearance was to take Monkey to the bluebells to get our annual pictures. So Sunday morning we set off full of expectation to some local woods we visited last year. Monkey was in good spirits looking forward to jumping off the fallen down tree from last year Only to find about 4 inches of mud! Not ideal with a heavily pregnant mummy, almost 4 year old preschooler and expensive and heavy camera equipment with mud you sink in. Anyone else sporting the potential disaster here? By some fluke we bumped into my step dad walking the dog as we walked through the gate, who took pity on us and helped to negotiate the short walk to the woods. I am so glad we did otherwise it could have gone horribly wrong. Although the sun was out it was a little colder than I had anticipated so we didn’t stay too long.
I managed a few photos which have turned out okay although I didn’t really get into my macro lens. I do think that we will be venturing out again though especially if the good weather continues… anyone got any idea on how to remove the grimace Monkey exhibits when I ask him to smile?
Now back to the linky – THANK YOU so very much to all of the bloggers who joined us last week! We had a amazing 134 outstanding posts linked up which is the most we have had to date! Not only that but we actually trended on Twitter for the third week in a row. I can not tell you how much this means to Becky and me and its all credit to you guys for using the # and tweeting us. Please continue to keep it up, it would be fabulous if we could do the same this week.
We are so happy that the community is continuing to grow. All of the fabulous posts makes it hard to pick a favourite so we have decided to pick two each going forward when we have more than 100 linkers. Also as requested Becky has put together a featured badge which you can find in my tool bar to the right. If you are featured this week or have been on previous weeks then please grab the badge and display it with pride if you wish. Going forward we will only be choosing favourite posts with a back link or badge that links back as there are still a number of posts that don’t have either.
So onto this weeks favourites..
My favourites are:
- Sometimes women can’t have it all – written by Fi over at A Mum Track Mind
- Please don’t take my baby – by Katie over at Mummy in a Tutu
Becky’s favourites are:
- Why do I Blog? – by Laura over at Five Little Doves
- 8 Things a New Mum Really Needs – written by Ellen who writes at Babies, Biscuits and Booze
1.The linky will close at 150 posts or Friday at midnight GMT – whichever comes first.
2. Add our badge to the HTML / Text portion of your post. Or, add a back link to one of our blogs using #bloggerclubuk. I appreciate as I run on wordpress.com that the badge is in my sidebar and so you can’t see it on a phone. A link back with a hashtag is fine if you are linking up from your phone and probably a lot easier for you. Becky has written a Linky Guide should you need a hand or feel free to tweet me.
3. Please comment on one of Becky’s posts, one of my posts, & one other of your choice. Please Tweet the post directly before yours. Feel free to comment on more but please do those 3 as a minimum! The more comments you leave, often the more comments you get back in return & that strengthens the community.
4. *Change* – Link a maximum of 1 post a week. Becky and I will leave two links as we ask you to comment on one each so want to continue to give you a choice over which one you choose. The change is simply down to the time it is taking for us to comment on everyones posts. some of you will notice I have not managed to get to everyone this week – I promise I will be catching up in the next couple of days. Im so sorry getting ready for Kipper’s arrival has meant I have not had as much time on my hands – despite starting maternity leave this week xx
5. Tag myself & Clare on Twitter with #BloggerClubUK for a RT @CuddleFairy @MudpieFridays with #bloggerclubuk – let’s get trending!!
Please note that by linking up you give us permission to use your image if your post is featured & subscribe to our email reminder list. Please enter the link up using the link directly below: