Little Tikes Movin’ Light Monkey Review & Giveaway
I would like to say that we have not been very organised and all the baby toys are now down from the loft. But the reality is that they are not, poor Kipper is stuck with the same play things day in day out so when we were invited to review a toy from the Little Tikes Light n’ Go range I was excited to see what Kipper would make of a new toy! I chose the Light ‘n Go – Movin’ Lights Monkey™ as it was suitable from 6 months to 3years. As Kipper has just turned 6 months and was starting to sit for small amounts of time unaided it seemed like the perfect option.
The movin’ light monkey is unlike any other toy Kipper has played with so I was interested to see what he made of it. Although at Baby Sensory he loves anything with lights so I hoped it would be a hit! At 6 months he is right at the bottom of the age range so I was also a little worried that he maybe too young for it.
When we turned it on he was intrigued and started to pat the Monkey on the head. We initially had it in Dance mode which is intended to encourage moving an boogying. You can select one of two modes by pressing the different coloured shoe laces. The chase mode is designed to encourage baby to move or crawl, the Monkey swivels at the waist with coloured lights projected from the lantern.
Although too young to move at the moment, once we turned it to Chase mode he tracked the lights with his eyes. At 6 months he is too young to press the laces himself, but at this age I would be playing with him anyway so I don’t view that as a negative.
Things we liked:
- For a plastic toy its astentically pleasing, I like the big eyes and the bright colours as does Kipper
- There are over 50 different phrases and songs which reduces the repetitive nature of a toy like this.
- Good quality i.e. it doesn’t feel cheap just as I would expect from a brand such as Little Tikes
- The light show, I think its difficult to get across in pictures alone just how good the light element of this toy is. Kipper was definitely interested in it.
- I can see Kipper enjoying this toy all the way through the age range. The fact that it encourages older children to dance a long with it, means it comes with longevity unlike other toys in the market. Monkey was even intrigued with it.
The only thing we weren’t too keen on is that you need a screwdriver to get it out of the packaging, so if you are intending on giving this gift as a present its worth having one to hand. That said it does come with batteries which is a huge bonus. Overall Kipper enjoyed playing with the Movin’ Lights Monkey and I am sure it will become a firm favourite in the coming months. The Movin’ Lights Monkey retails at £29.99 and is available from all good toy stockists
The lovely people at Little Tikes have offered us another one from the range the Light n’ Go Wobbling Light Panda to giveaway to our readers. Suitable from 6 months he provides light and sound surprises with a simple tap from your baby. With six happy tunes, sound effects, and fun coloured lights your baby will love! To win please enter using the Gleam application below and note the T&Cs
- Competition is open to residents of UK aged 18 or over
- There is no cash alternative offered
- The winner will be drawn at random from all qualifying entries and will receive a Light n’ Go Wobbling Light Panda
- The competition will close on 14th December 2016 at 11.59pm, the winner will be notified through Twitter
- The Winner will be asked to provide an email address and full postal address
I have some other toy based giveaways running at the moment so please check them out by searching for giveaway in the search box above. Good Luck!!
If you’ve liked this post please follow me on my social media channels:
We were given a pirate reward box for the purpose of this review all words and opinions are my own.
Linking up to #TriedTested