I found Funky Giraffe when Monkey was about nine months old and have been using their bibs ever since. They are such good quality that a number of the ones I had for Monkey I have been reusing for Kipper since he’s in the full throws of teething. Yet they look as good as new the printing is still crisp and doesn’t look faded at all despite being through the wash a lot. So when I found out that Funky Giraffe had moved into outfits I was expecting the same great quality. So I guess the questions is were we disappointed?
Currently available in four different patterns, spots & stars, toucans, birds and camper vans they come in size 6-12 months and each set includes an off white short sleeved vest, a printed bib, hat and pantaloons.
First off the sizing is great, Kipper is a chunky baby at a whopping 10.6kg and he’s very broad on the shoulder. I am pleased to say there was plenty of room in the vest and pantaloons. I think he will be in them well past 12 months. Partly because there is a wide ribbed waist band and the same ribbing around the ankles. This allows you to roll them up or down, theres lots of room in the leg too. They claim that there being enough room to go over cloth nappies as well as disposables. We do not use cloth nappies so I have not tested this out, but there is plenty of room in the bottom and leg area. It was great seeing Kipper move around completely unrestricted. The hat is on the small side for Kipper but then he does have a large head circumrance so I am not that surprised.
Secondly the print is gorgeous. We opted for the Camper Vans but I can see myself trying out the other patterns too. The print is crisp and bright and moves with the stretch of the fabric, so theres no nasty white lines. I really like the unisex nature of the set too. The cotton is so soft and perfect for little ones. Its so nice to have some bright colours in the wardrobe other than the normal khaki, navy and brown which seems to make up the majority of the boys wardrobes.
Funky Giraffe also have some great bib designs, I particularly like the new chevron stripes. They have lots of different designs for both boys and girls, although the bibs I really like though are the occasion ones as they make great keepsakes, especially the First Birthday bibs. There is also a broad range of classic designs which means you will definitely find something to go with your child’s outfit. The price is fantastic at 10 for £21.
Things I love:
- The size and fit will mean we get plenty of use out of the set
- The print is lovely and ideal for Spring
- Its the same great quality as their bibs so I am sure Kipper will grow out of it before it looks worn
- I have only washed it a couple of times but to date the pantaloons have not lost their shape and still look like new
- Funky outfits are good value for money at £15 each
The lovely people at Funky Giraffe have given my readers the chance to win one the sets in their choice of pattern. Please enter by the Gleam application below and note the T&Cs.
- Competition is open to residents of UK aged 18 or over
- There is no cash alternative offered
- The winner will be drawn at random and receive their choice of Funky Outfit subject to availability.
- The competition will close on 17th April at 11.59pm, the winner will be notified through Twitter
- The Winner will be asked to provide an email address and full postal address
I have some other giveaways running at the moment so please check them out in the Blog Giveaways Page above. Good Luck
If you’ve liked this post please follow me on my social media channels:
We were given a Funky Giraffe Camper Van Funky Outfit for the purpose of this review all words and opinions are my own.