Breastfeeding Clothes with hotMaMa: This time round I have really struggled to find breastfeeding clothes which I am happy with. A number of my go to brands are no longer in existance which was so disappointing. I think its so important to feel good after having a baby. If I felt good then I was generally happier which rubbed of on Kipper too. So when I was approached by hotMaMa to try out one of their beautiful nursing tops I was thrilled.
I instantly liked their ethos, breastfeeding clothes and not maternity clothes. Although I accept initially I wore some of my old maternity clothes to feed in, but after a couple of weeks I wanted to be in something new. Something I hadn’t worn to death over the last nine or so months. I am sure I am not alone in this. hotMaMa’s website is clean and easy to navigate selling a selection of long sleeved feeding tops, dresses and accessories. I am particularly in love with the special edition teething necklaces.
But which top… the decision was a hard one. I am am still carrying an amount of baby weight so I wanted something quite free flowing and loved the look of their Kimono tops. Especially the sleeves the shape is lovely. I like bold prints and florals and normally to choose to shop in high street stores which are synonymous with this. So when I saw the Kimono in Navy Floral I knew that was it. They also have it in a dress if you love it as much as I do!
Things I love:
- The material is really weighty and thanks to the extra pleats in the sleeves it holds it shape.
- The colours are vibrant and the top has not faded in the wash at all.
- Its probably been washed a good ten or so times and has not gone bobbly at all
- Access to the breast is via slits in the front panel which worked really well for us. They are not too large that they expose your whole breast but large enough to be comfortable.
- The slits and all the seams are reinforced with an over locker which gives me faith that it will last much longer than needed.
- I have had several compliments while wearing it which is brilliant for a feeding top!
The only thing to note is sizing, I sized up on their suggestion and not having much of a waist it is a little tighter than I would normally like. If you are pear shaped then I think you would be absolutely fine with your normal size. Either way there is a full set of measurements on the website so you can be confident that it will fit.
I am really happy with the top and would recommend them to all breastfeeding friends I know. A voucher would make a great gift especially for a first time mum. If you would like to try out hotMaMa for yourself you can purchase directly through their website. Its also worth keeping an eye on their Instagram account @hotmamaclothing and Facebook PageFacebook Page as Sophie often runs special offers.
She has also very kindly agreed to give one lucky reader a £40 voucher to use in their online store. To be in with a chance of winning, please enter via the gleam application below and please note the terms and conditions.
- Competition is open to those aged 18 or over
- There is no cash alternative offered
- The winner will be drawn at random and receive an e-voucher for £40
- The competition will close on 22nd May at 11.59pm, the winner will be notified through Twitter
- The Winner will be asked to provide an email address
More giveaways can be found on the Blog Giveaways Page above. Good Luck
If you’ve liked this post please follow me on my social media channels:
I was given a Kimono Breastfeeding Top for the purpose of this review all opinions are my own.