Living Arrows 19/52 {2017}

‘You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth”

Kahlil Gibran

Last weekend we headed down to Cornwall for the bank holiday, staying at Tregenna Castle in St Ives. Unfortunately for the majority of the weekend the weather was not on our side, however we did manage to get one good day. On that day we ventured out to the beach in the afternoon and got lucky because the tide was out. Its the first time this year we have ventured to the beach and I had forgotten how much I missed it.

Its seems like both boys felt the same. The look of sheer enjoyment in Monkey’s face says it all:

Living Arrows Week 19

Needless to say that those jeans did not stay dry very long. I love this photo of Kipper, its not the most attractive one I have ever taken of him. But the look of concentration and confusion on his face as he gets sand in his toes melts my heart. Although we have a sand pit at home to date he’s been too young to really go in it. Judging by how much he was loving the sand once he got use to it I think that may change this Summer!

Living Arrows Week 19

Hopefully we will get to the beach again before long, a sandy one rather than the endless pebbles we are use to. Fingers crossed for good weather, have a great week everyone x

Linking up to #LivingArrows

1. May 8, 2017 / 7:35 am

Beautiful photos!

Sorry to hear you didn’t get the weather for much of your break. On the flip side, I guess the bad weather makes us appreciate a break in the clouds all the more!

2. May 8, 2017 / 11:54 am

I only know of St Ive’s because of Rick Stein (ignorant Northerner) so I was amazed to see how beautiful the beach was! Sorry you only got to enjoy it for one of your days! Kipper looks like he is carefully assessing what on earth is underneath him! Always best to be a bit cautious at first, Little Man!x

3. May 8, 2017 / 1:41 pm

We really need to make more of our weekends and go on some adventures! I love these photos Clare. Little Kipper is taking it all in x

4. May 8, 2017 / 3:49 pm

Getting dirty means they had fun! Hope you have good weather next time #livingarrows

5. May 8, 2017 / 8:22 pm

Love beach photos. They are my favourite. #livingarrows

6. May 8, 2017 / 9:44 pm

We love the beach too but don’t get there enough. That’s a fab photo of Monkey – proper love for being on the beach. #livingarrows

7. May 9, 2017 / 10:14 am

Oh it looks like you had such a lovely break – it’s a shame the weather wasn’t lovely for all of it! x

8. May 10, 2017 / 8:59 am

Such a shame that you didn’t have the best weather but this one day looks so lovely. I love the look on Kipper’s face too! #livingarrows

9. May 11, 2017 / 4:23 am

Looks like a fab day, I do think Cornwall is so lovely in any weather. I miss it and would love to go back one day soon. Monkey looks like he is having a blast! x #LivingArrows

10. May 11, 2017 / 3:24 pm

Oh I do love a beach photo. It’s my absolute happy place and your little people seem to love it too. They look so happy (and rather fascinated) x #LivingArrows

11. May 14, 2017 / 3:13 pm

Love that photo of Monkey, you can’t beat the feeling you get at the beach! And Kipper’s face is just brilliant, he looks like he’s trying to work out what on earth is going on! x #LivingArrows

12. May 14, 2017 / 6:01 pm

Oh bless them, they look like they’re having a great time, even if kipper does look a bit bewildered haha! #LivingArrows

13. May 14, 2017 / 6:12 pm

Gorgeous captures, I love beach days and only wish we lived closer #livingarrows

14. May 15, 2017 / 9:59 pm

This has brought so many memories back. I have stayed at Treganna Castle twice before with my parents and siblings. We always had such a brilliant stay, and St Ives is wonderful. Such a long time ago now though. Cornwall is stunning. #LivingArrows