If you are regular readers of Mudpie Fridays you will know that when I returned to work from maternity leave I made a resolution to try and get away once a month with Hubby and the boys for some family time. So far we have visited Cambridge, Warwick, London, St Ives and Eurocamp in France. In June I was a little sneaky and ended up having a couple of days away on a Retreat and in July we have our first camping festival planned. These times are very precious to me.
Many of them are recored here on this blog in the form of an electronic journal, some of the photos may make it into a frame but I do very little else with them. Zippi offer a way of making these photos (and art) into gifts and keepsakes. Yet it was their selection of map canvases that caught my eye.
Monkey is very visual and like many young children can struggle with understanding distance and how far apart places are. I thought that by having a UK map canvas it would help him identify where we lived and where we were going or visiting. As Zipp’s UK map canvas came with coloured pins it would also become a lovely keepsake we can build over years. Plus the educational bonus of understanding the different counties when he’s older.
I opted for the middle size canvas of 36 x 24 inches or 60cm x 91cm, its the perfect size for our hallway. We have an old fashioned picture shelf that runs up the side of the stairs and the canvas sits perfectly there. Monkey was very excited when I first took it out of the box and wanted to get ‘stuck in’ straight away.
Things we love:
- You have three colour options, black & white, sepia and colour. We opted for the coloured version.
- The printing is good quality and the colours have come out lovely and bright. They have a twelve colour printing process which means you don’t have any colours the same next to each other.
- The names of the counties, cities and towns are also clearly printed with no ghosting
- The pins are good quality, the flags being pretty thick and withstood Monkey putting the pins in. They went in really easily but are stiff enough not to fall back out.
- It came really well packaged with several layers of bubble wrap and the box had fragile printed all over it.
- The website is really easy to use and delivery is super quick. Plus they have a free delivery option and on some items next day delivery if you are in a rush.
- There is also a European and World version of the maps available in the same three colour ways
The UK map canvas starts at £48.99 for the 16 x 24 size up to £94.99 for the 30 x 40. You can select add ons during the process, a 100 more pins cost £1.99, a wall hanging pack costs £2.99 and framing tape to finish £1.99. I am really impressed with Zippi as a company and will definitely be ordering more from them going forward, at the moment I am looking as a laptop skin of the boys in the lavender. The prices are so reasonable and they have such a wide range of gift ideas.
The lovely people at Zippi are giving one of my lucky readers the opportunity to win a £70 voucher so you can buy your own map. To be in with a chance of winning please enter via the Gleam application and note the T&C below.
- Competition is open to residents of UK aged 18 or over
- There is no cash alternative offered
- The winner will be drawn at random and receive a voucher code for £70 to use on the Zippi website
- The competition will close on 2nd August 2017
- The Winner will be asked to provide an email address and full postal address
I have some other giveaways running at the moment so please check them out in the Blog Giveaways Page above.
If you’ve liked this post please follow me on my social media channels:
We were given a Zippi United Kingdom Map for the purpose of this review all words and opinions are my own.