You will know from a previous post that we are great fans of Splash About and used several of their products while on holiday in Eurocamp. I fell in love with their wetsuits for both boys and wonder why I hadn’t discovered them before. One of the other items we tried was their Splash Mat. Up until this point we have always made do with towels which had worked perfectly fine. Until there was a wee accident or they were still wet from being used for their proper purpose, or covered in sand… you get the picture.
Before I tried it I was intrigued to see if it was something that would get shoved at the bottom of the beach bag to be ignored. But we used it loads while away and I have used it on our return too for both its conventional and non conventional uses such as:
- Changing Kipper’s bottom, both on the beach, at the pool side, in the swimming pool changing rooms, in the boot of the car and on the bonnet!
- Its great for either of them to sit on when they came out of the pool or sea in their wetsuits. Kipper came out demanding his bottle there was no way I was going to get him to wait, so he could still sit under the shade on the Splash Mat.
- To stand on when changing wellies to shoes, which saves wobbling all over the place
- To sit on over the back bumper of the car to stop the car dust getting all over Monkey’s clothes
- Its good to take to sit on for all sorts of outside events, especially when the ground maybe damp, I can see us using it a lot when we go camping at the end of the month, even though Kipper’s not joining us!
- To line the buggy when Kippers got drenched and I don’t want the buggy all wet and dirty!
Things I love:
- The design is quite clever as it really doesn’t take up much room, I like the two loops which enables the roll to be secured
- Its made from neoprene, which is naturally warm and anti bacterial. Its also very easy to clean – just as well after a rather bad nappy explosion!
- The back of the mat is rubber and non slip which means it can be just as much use for Monkey to stand on in changing rooms as he can be really clumsy and has a tendency to slip.
- The price is great at £10.99 it costs less than some normal changing mats, but you get so much more with this one!
- It dries out so quickly, because of the material which means you can just roll it up and off you go.
Its says on the website that once you have used it you will never leave home without it – I can totally believe that, I keep ours in the boot of the car as you never know when its going to come in handy.
Available in three colours, navy (which has red as a contrast trim), blue and pink, Splash About is a great way to keep your little one clean and warm while changing them at the pool or on holiday. You can buy online from the Splash About website, or you could try to win one in my giveaway below.
- Competition is open to residents of UK aged 18 or over
- There is no cash alternative offered
- The winner will be drawn at random and receive a Splash About Splash Mat it their choice of colour subject to availability
- The competition will close on 10th August 2017
- The Winner will be asked to provide an email address and full postal address
I have some other giveaways running at the moment so please check them out in the Blog Giveaways Page above.
If you’ve liked this post please follow me on my social media channels:
This is a collaborative post we were given the Splash Mat for the purpose of this review all words and opinions are my own.