Splash About Happy Nappy Review & Giveaway
Splash About Happy Nappy Review: You will know from a previous post that we are great fans of Splash About and used several of their products while on holiday in Eurocamp. I fell in love with their wetsuits for both boys and wonder why I hadn’t discovered them before. Along with their Splash Mat which I wrote about a couple of weeks ago, we have been trying out their new Happy Nappy.
Monkey started swimming when he was ten weeks old, literally the week after he had, had his jabs. The swimming pool we used insisted on us using a Happy Nappy which was the first I had heard of them. Since then we have gone through all the sizes with him. They are great and when I was told that Splash About had created a ‘new’ Happy Nappy. I did think to myself, oh no they have probably ruined something really great, it was safe to say I was a little sceptical.
I need not have worried as the clever people at Splash About have made it even more fantastic than they were before. The only problem I ever really had with the old Happy Nappy was getting the baby (then Monkey) into them. The worked fantastically and have saved us from some pretty gruesome experiences. But they are not the easiest to put on. Well it seems that Splash About have thought about this and addressed it in the new design. So what are the differences?
- Its the first ergonomic swim nappy ever created, maximising security against faecal leaks through its form fitting, shape and design.
- The nappy has a 3D shape to it which has been created with cleverly sewn in seams, it also now has a proper gusset.
- The waistband has been made thicker to give more protection
- For the first time there is now a nappy wrap and liner available so you do not need to use the disposable swim nappies if you don’t want to
I hadn’t realised the difference in shape until I compared them next to each other and they are quite different the new one looks much more shaped like a baby!
Things I love:
- The design is really clever and does make putting the nappy on so much easier, it also looks a lot more comfortable for Kipper, as it fits more like a traditional nappy.
- I like the nappy wrap and liner is a clever addition, especially when travelling as it means I now don’t need to carry so many nappies in the suitcase!
- Its made from really soft neoprene, which is naturally warm and anti bacterial. Plus it dries out really quickly, so you don’t take half the beach home with you.
- The Happy Nappy is SPF 50
Available in eleven colours and patterns in sizes 0-3 months to 2-3 years and priced at £9.99 for a single colour or £10.99 for a patterned one they are great value. As far as we are concerned they are a baby essential and something we wouldn’t be with out. The new design is fantastic, so it turns out that you can improve on perfection!
You can buy online from the Splash About website, or you could try to win one in my giveaway below.
- Competition is open to residents of UK aged 18 or over
- There is no cash alternative offered
- The winner will be drawn at random and receive a Splash About Happy Nappy it their choice of colour/patter and size subject to availability
- The competition will close on 12th September at midnight
- The Winner will be asked to provide an email address and full postal address
I have some other giveaways running at the moment so please check them out in the Blog Giveaways Page above.
If you’ve liked this post please follow me on my social media channels:
This is a collaborative post we were given a Happy Nappy, wrap and pack of liners for the purpose of this review all words and opinions are my own.