Blade & Rose Summer Sets Review – We are off on holiday in the next week or so which means I am busy washing and planning all the clothes the boys are going to take away with them. Of course because the weather has been less than reliable I am a little low on Summer wear. But where we are going its going to hot, hot, hot! So when Blade & Rose suggested that we try out one of their Summer Sets I jumped at the chance. Having reviewed one of their gorgeous outfits before I knew it would be adorable… and I wasn’t wrong.
I just love their outfits because they are not the normal constant stream of navy, brown and khaki which boys clothes inevitably are. You have probably heard me moan before about the difference between boys and girls clothing. I feel as though there is a real lack of bright colours in the boys clothing market, something which Blade & Rose address.
I decided on the Summer Bear Set for Kipper, because he is so chunky I opted for the 1-2 year size. I knew from our previous review that the material which they use is so super stretchy and so very softs. The Summer sets are made from the same knitted material but the legs and arms are much shorter. The Top is also made of similar material which is great, as it means it also stretches over Kipper’s shoulders easily. In many other tops we are already in size 18-24 months.
I love that they give him the freedom of movement he needs at the moment, he is in to everything and loves steps which his grandparents house has. He is constantly on the go never stopping, going up and down. The shorts and t-shirt allow him to move as much as he needs and wants. I have washed them both a couple of times and they have not faded, being specifically designed to be durable and to wash well.
Things I love: (Other than the obvious quality and how cute Kipper looks in his outfit.)
- The company was founded by Amanda Peffer while on maternity leave. Where possible I like to spend my money supporting mumprenurs and British family businesses.
- There are eight designs to choose from in the Summer sets, all of them brightly coloured and there are even a few unisex designs.
- The range is expanding and also includes fleece lined hoodies, socks, bibs and the sweetest bobble hats. All of which you can mix and match
- The Summer sets go from 0-6 months to 1-2 years. But some of the other designs go up to 4 years I am slightly gutted that Monkey is now a little big for them and wish I had found them before now.
The lovely people at Blade and Rose have given my readers the chance to win their choice of the Summer Sets, in the size required – subject to availability. There is so much choice will you chose the butterfly, boats, aliens or even the feathers? Each set has a RRP of £19.95. Please enter by the Gleam application below and note the T&Cs.
- Competition is open to residents of UK aged 18 or over
- There is no cash alternative offered
- The winner will be drawn at random and receive their choice of the Summer Sets in their required size, subject to availability
- The competition will close on 18th September at 11.59pm, the winner will be notified through Twitter
- The Winner will be asked to provide an email address and full postal address
If you can not wait then you can also purchase Blade and Rose items through the Blade & Rose website, Amazon and Not On The Highstreet. I have some other giveaways running at the moment so please check them out in the Blog Giveaways Page above.
If you’ve liked this post please follow me on my social media channels:
We were given the Summer set to be able to writ this review all words and opinions are my own.