Make Your own Beer Advent Calendar

Beer Advent Printable: For several years (read before they were popular) I have made Hubby a beer advent calendar. When I started it was not possible to buy they fully made. Obviously now you can. But for me there is still something special about making your own. Not only does it mean I can get the kids involved. But I can also tailor the beer to Hubby’s preference. Which incase your are wondering is pale ale and not too alcoholic!

You could easily do the same with miniatures, 33ml wine, larger or cider depending on your other half’s preference. Since Hubby is quote prescriptive when it comes to the sort of beer he likes I did my research this year!

I opted for the some ales from Wye Valley Brewery,

• Butty Bach is a burnished gold, full-bodied premium ale, brewed using Maris Otter and Crystal malts, flaked barley, malted wheat, and locally grown Fuggles, Goldings and Bramling Cross hops.  4.5% ABV
  • Wholesome Stout A dark and full-bodied bottle-conditioned stout featuring intense roasted barley flavours and a dry, bitter finish.  4.6% ABV
  • The Hopfather – Brewed using Herefordshire Jester, Centennial and Goldings hops – this smooth red ale features delicious tropical citrus and grapefruit flavours. 3.9% ABV
  • HPA  A straw-coloured ale, HPA is smooth on the palate and boasts a citrus hop aroma, leading to a balanced bitter finish. 4.0% ABV

Part of the reason I make him a calendar each year is so that he can try beers that he wouldn’t normally. With this in mind I thought we would try Celia Dark. The Dark beer has a rich body with undertones of nutty caramel, the perfect partner to a warming winter dinner in the evening. It is also naturally carbonated, gluten free and vegan.

The rest of the contents of his calendar came from Best of British Beer.They are a  specialist retailer of British Craft Beer and the only one who only stocks beer from award winning independent micro breweries. There is a dizzying amount of wonderful beer being brewed right now. They like to make it a bit easier to purchase by curating cases based on taste and style. All I did was give Hubby’s preferences and the prefect case arrived. I could not recommend these guys enough.

Normally I would cover the outside of a box in wrapping paper. But since this year I am part of the Netflix Stream Team and they send a red box of goodies. I decided to use the box in which the goodies came. It turns out that its the perfect size to fit 24/25 bottles of beer in. There was even bit of shredded paper to keep the bottles nice and cosy. If you would like to make your own here are some printables to help you:

Star Advent Numbers

I hope you all enjoy the count down to Christmas, I am sure we will in our house.

This is a collaborative post.

1. Kayleigh Watkins
    November 25, 2017 / 9:51 pm

What a fantastic idea, I will have to make this for my fiance, thank you for sharing xx

2. November 29, 2017 / 6:47 am

Such a good idea. I’ve thought about making one of these for my husband but now I’m running out of time. I know my mum would like a wine one too! #bloggerclubUK

3. November 29, 2017 / 8:59 am

Great idea. B’s grandads and uncles would all appreciate something like this, as they’re all fans of craft beers. I have no idea about them as I am not a fan, so this is really useful for some inspiration!

Thank you!
    Kat
    #bloggerclubuk

4. November 29, 2017 / 9:28 am

What a great idea! Hubby would love it #BloggerClubUK

5. November 29, 2017 / 9:42 am

This is really such a great idea but my husband doesn’t like beer! I know, what’s the matter with him… hehe! I may go ahead and try to put one together for myself, because why not! #BloggerClubUK

6. November 29, 2017 / 9:42 am

This is such a good idea for an advent calendar. I like that there is a choice as my husband likes beer but there are some I know he wouldn’t drink. Usually those would go to waste. #BloggerClubUK

7. November 29, 2017 / 11:38 am

Great idea, unfortunately my husband isn’t a big drinker. Oh well, I may just make myself one instead. Love the idea of homemade advent calendars. #BloggerClubUK

8. November 29, 2017 / 12:12 pm

This would be right up my husband’s street! #BloggerClubUK

9. November 29, 2017 / 5:46 pm

I love this idea, I have a calendar full of surprises that I am excited to open next month #BloggerClubUK

10. November 29, 2017 / 5:46 pm

Great idea but I would want to encourage mine to drink more lol

11. November 29, 2017 / 7:27 pm

I always think that this is such a fabulous idea for an advent calendar. And when you put it together yourself you get exactly what you want. We enjoy trying different craft beers too, this would be a fun way to look forward to trying a new one each day!

12. November 29, 2017 / 9:30 pm

That’s a great idea! I didn’t know it was a ‘thing’ but I like your idea of choosing your own beers. #bloggerclubuk

13. November 30, 2017 / 8:50 am

This is such a lovely idea! We don’t really drink in our house, but I know a lot of friends have bought beer / gin advents this year. Making your own is much more thoughtful though!

14. November 30, 2017 / 11:15 am

What an amazing idea!! This is totally something that Gaz would love and also what a great way to sample different beers! I’m not a beer drinker but it always amazes me that there are so many choices!

15. November 30, 2017 / 1:44 pm

How inventive. Never thought of doing this. Now you have me thinking of all kinds of make your own like sparkling wine haha!

Ellen x
    #BloggerClubUK

16. November 30, 2017 / 6:10 pm

What a fantastic idea! My husband loves what I call proper beers and these beers sound right up his street. He loves a craft beer and I do like helping him to sample new ones. I wonder if I could make one for myself too? 😉 I would probably prefer a prosecco one though!

17. November 30, 2017 / 7:39 pm

Brilliant! My husband and I can definitely get on board with this calendar!! Thanks for sharing!

18. December 1, 2017 / 8:32 am

I’ve just learnt about wine calendars now I’m discovering a beer version! Brilliant idea. Pale Ale would go down a treat with my hubby also. #BloggerClubUK

19. December 1, 2017 / 9:48 am

This is a great idea! A couple of years ago I did a similar one for my partner and used green and blacks choccie as its the only type he will eat and little bottles of wine so he had a mixture! It was really good fun creating it for him and he really liked it! 🙂

#BloggerClubUK

20. December 1, 2017 / 10:20 am

That’s such a good idea. In Germany you could buy advent calendar beer boxes which were great but weighed a ton… This is much more personal too! 🙂

21. December 2, 2017 / 2:26 pm

That’s really creative to make your own. I have a chocolate advent calendar and but my youngest was so curious about it. He didn’t really know what it was until I opened the first one and he saw the chocolate. He said, “it’s a good thing you didn’t tell me about the chocolate mommy because I would have eaten them all by now.” He was joking – a little lol! #bloggerclubuk

22. December 4, 2017 / 9:01 am

I love the idea of making home made advent, like the book advent for kids! Or even adults actually, I’d love a book advent for me. My brothers would love this! Although my husband doesn’t drink so I’d need to get my thinking cap on #bloggerclubuk

23. December 7, 2017 / 10:39 am

OK. I officially need this for my OH. He would go nuts for it! Super idea. I’d be very willing to help him drink his wares too. Everyone’s a winner! 😉

24. December 8, 2017 / 11:19 am

This is right up my street haha 🙂 Great idea. I’ve left it a little late but I am keeping pinning this for next yr xx #BloggerClubUK