Living Arrows 01/52 {2018}

‘You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth”

Happy New Year! Let me start by saying these are not the pictures I was envisaging for my first week of Living Arrows this week. But I since the 27th I have been struggling with the flu and it shows very little signs of disappearing. So the New Years Eve beautifully captured pictures in front of the tree will have to wait until next year.

Instead we have this one of Kipper looking a little manic. The observant people will notice the fireworks not the TV in the background. I can’t remember if sleep regression is normal at 19 months but even if its not its in full force in our house. I went to bed straight after and thankfully he went down pretty quick but he was still up for the best part of two hours, one upstairs and one downstairs.

This photo is of Monkey doing his school project. He had to pick an animal to do a project on and he chose a snake. We went to the local reptile centre and he was allowed to hold them. Needless to say he has now fallen in love and is desperate for a snake in his room. Which may have something to do with getting a new pet on Our 2018 Bucket List.

We made the snake out of oven baked clay and he has painted it gold and copper like a corn snake. We still need to make the finishing touches but he is very proud of it!

Wishing you all the best in 2018 and looking forward to our next Living Arrows Journey x

Mudpie Fridays: YouTubeTwitter | Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest | LinkedIn

Linking up to #LivingArrows

1. January 1, 2018 / 9:41 pm

Wow I thought that snake was flipping real! Awesome artwork and Happy New Year x

2. January 2, 2018 / 3:00 pm

Sleep regression here at 21 months too. It is so exhausting isn’t it. Happy New Year. #LivingArrows

3. January 3, 2018 / 2:10 am

That snake is amazing! Sleep regressions are the worst! We seem to have hit one at 25 months! X

4. January 3, 2018 / 5:24 pm

I hope you’re all better now – and so pleased you’re back for another year. I love the more ordinary moments you’ve captured this week x

5. January 6, 2018 / 8:45 pm

That snake is amazing – so realistic! #livingarrows

6. January 7, 2018 / 8:21 pm

Oh you poor thing I hope you feel better soon, despite them nonbeing the pictures you wanted they’re still lovely #LivingArrows

7. January 7, 2018 / 8:41 pm

I hope you’re feeling a bit better and so glad you’re linking up again this year! Sleep regression just seems to be regular life now with an 18 month old, so I won’t hold out any hope that it finishes anytime soon from what you’ve said and the comments above! X

8. January 7, 2018 / 11:17 pm

I hope you’re feeling better now. That snake looks brilliant – I don’t think it would convince me to get a real one though! #LivingArrows

9. January 14, 2018 / 8:40 am

My children have never had a problem staying up until midnight, no matter what their age! That snake is fabulous, although i’m not sure id like one as a pet. #livingarrows