Living Arrows 03/53 {2018}

‘You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth”

It was pointed out last week that there actually 53 Mondays in 2018. So if you are wondering why I have added an extra week, it actually all to do with an extra Monday and I haven’t forgotten how many weeks make up a year!

This weeks photos were taken when we visited Bodium Castle. Its been on our list for a while. Featuring both on our 12 National Trust Places to visit in 2018 and our new family challenge, Our A – Z of Castles. I am sure I will be writing about it in the coming weeks. But for now I am sharing these three photos. The first taken of Kipper was taken with my new phone. Hubby had disappeared off up the stairs with Monkey and taken the camera with him. Its an iPhone X and I have been trying out the new portrait mode. The phone took this one all by itself. I haven’t applied any filter or anything. I love his face in it. So mischievous. His character is really starting to develop and I can see him being trouble in the years ahead!

Monkey was fascinated as soon as he saw the castle. Its exactly how I imagined castles to look when I was a child which I think is why he was so excited. What this photo doesn’t tell you is the excitement in his voice as he waived the ducks away so he could run down the wooden bridge. When not a lot excites him (at the moment I think its just a phase) its lovely to hear it in his voice and to watch his face as it fills with it.

Of course had to include a photo of both of them together. I think Monkey was more up for this joint photo than Kipper (for a change). Who actually just wanted to sit on the chair on his own, mimicking his big brother.

Have a good week everyone x

Mudpie Fridays: YouTubeTwitter | Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest | LinkedIn

Linking up to #LivingArrows

1. January 15, 2018 / 7:11 am

I love the last photo! That;s what a large percentage of mine look like, or with one pulling a silly face. It’s not easy to get a good photo of multiple children! Looks like a good day out too – I’m so soft and have been mainly hibernating whenever possible.

2. January 15, 2018 / 7:29 am

Both of the boys are looking so big! Lovely photos – I chose a new camera instead of a new iPhone but I think a new phone is on the cards this year. I’ve never been to Bodiam Castle, but it looks like a lovely place to visit. Your A-Z of castles sounds interesting!! #LivingArrows

3. January 15, 2018 / 9:44 am

Gorgeous photos! I love Kipper’s hat, is it the Little Bird one? The castle looks like a fab day out!

4. January 15, 2018 / 10:03 am

We love Bodiam too. It’s such a beautiful place to explore, even more do I think at this time of year. Lovely photos #livingarrows

5. January 15, 2018 / 1:07 pm

I used to go to Bodium as a kid. I want to go back there now, it looks fab!

6. January 15, 2018 / 2:28 pm

Wow that castle looks like so much fun! My 2 would love exploring there! xx

7. January 15, 2018 / 7:24 pm

That portrait mode is great. Your pics we’re already gorgeous but the colours are so sharp in these! Great investment!

8. January 15, 2018 / 8:14 pm

We love Bodiam Castle! Such a great day our for the family and I love both their hats!Plus this snowsuit is simply gorgeous! They are both growing up so fast! #LivingArrows

9. January 16, 2018 / 9:20 am

Fantastic photos, I love using my iPhone as a camera. I don’t own a camera, although I keep thinking I should! x

#livingarrows

10. January 16, 2018 / 9:29 pm

Oh we loved that castle when we visited and I am loving our NT membership. I’m off to check out your castles and NT post – it might give me more inspiration for this year too! x

11. January 18, 2018 / 9:00 pm

Now that is a real fairytale castle! I love that bright snowsuit, and that’s an amazing quality of photograph from your iPhone, technology really is breathtakingly impressive!

12. January 18, 2018 / 9:56 pm

I love a good castle and I will have to see where this is in relation to us and we’re NT members too. I love Kippers face in this one x

13. January 18, 2018 / 11:15 pm

Lovely photos and that castle looks so castle-like (if you know what I mean)! The picture of both boys is so cute too, my eldest has just started to lift up her little sister all of the time. Your A-Z castle challenge sounds like a lot of fun too, it makes me want to discover what castles are local to us. #LivingArrows

14. January 21, 2018 / 11:51 pm

It looks like an amazing castle to visit – no wonder Monkey was excited! (And thanks for the 53 weeks heads up – I had no idea!) #LivingArrows