Monkey is a little Hatchimal CollEGGtibles mad. If you are regular readers of Mudpie Fridays then you know we reviewed Season one back in May. So when we were asked to test out the new Hatchimals CollEGGtibles Season Two I was very excited. Monkey was going to be able to hatch a whole new world with Hatchimals CollEGGtibles and I couldn’t wait to see his face.
So what exactly are Hatchimals CollEGGtibles
Basically they are little eggs. That hatch into adorably cute, loveable creatures with tiny glittery wings that live in Hatchopia. Just like season one there are eight different families to collect Forest, Farm, Jungle, Garden, River, Savannah, Desert, Ocean. There are also two special edition families Snowflake Shire and Crystal Cannon. Plus a limited edition Magical Meadow family. There is even more fun with season two with a whopping one hundred to collect.
Not only that but there is the chance to find a Golden Hatchimal. To my amazement Monkey was already well aware of the Golden Hatchimal. They are the rarest Hatchimal of them all with only 55 available to find. Hailing from Moonlight Mountain and featuring golden glittery wings and metallic bodies. If you find one you win a special set of 6 golden Hatchimals CollEGGtibles in a glittery carton plus goody bag.
Just like season one they use colour changing technology. Working by rubbing the heart until it turns from purple to pink before cracking them open with your thumb. Once hatched you can match your Hatchimals CollEGGtibles to the collectors list on the back of the map to find out which family it is from.
So how did we get on with our Hatchimals CollEGGtibles
Monkey was so super excited that I really struggled to get him to take it slowly. He opted to open the blind bag first excited to see what coloured speckles he had inside. They were red and belonged to the Farm family. Our first Hatchimal of Season two is ‘Macow’.
In the Hatchimals CollEGGtibles two pack you also get a little nest which fits the eggs perfectly and a small collectors list. You can download new collectors lists on the website.
From the two pack, he opted to hatch his other red farm egg first, holding it in his hands and rubbing the heart until it turned pink. Before using both hands to reveal the little character hiding inside. He was so excited it was difficult to catch a photo! Once he had started breaking the egg the rest of it came away easily.
There is a also a four pack, where you can see the colour of the speckles on the eggs it also includes one hatched Hatchimal. Ideal if you are looking to collect a particular family. Needless to say he made short work of hatching the others! They have pride of place on his windowsill and he’s planning on buying some more when they launch. He is desperately hoping to find one of the golden ones too. Until then he has been enjoying playing on the free app which is available both on apple and android. He has been exploring Hatchopia, unhatching virtual CollEGGtibles and playing games.
Things We Love:
- The eggs are very tactile and I really like the colour changing heart, the attention to detail on each of the little characters is also great. It definitely measures up the quality I have come to expect from the brand.
- They are easy to crack with Monkey being able to do it on his own.
- The story behind them adds to the imaginative play element and helps to build story lines for playing with the Hatchimals CollEGGtibles once they have been hatched.
- I like that these are effectively a blind bag in a blind bag. Since the speckles let you know which family it is from. This means that Monkey can choose to trade his egg before hatching it. By looking at his collectors list he can make the decision to trade or hatch, for example if he already has all the ones in the same family or if he wants to collect a particular family. Although I don’t think it will be that easy to find those elusive golden Hatchimals.
- They are perfectly priced for pocket monkey toys with the Hatchimals CollEGGtibles 1 pack being £2.99, the 2 pack with nest £4.99 and the 4 pack costing £9.99
- There isn’t just one ultra rare one to find! Most of the families have a rare (glittery pink wings) or ultra rare (glittery purple wings) which means theres lots of opportunities to get excited. All of Monkeys had silver glittery wings and so are common. The limited edition characters have blue glittery wings.
- The individual blind bags, have plastic wrapping around the egg inside the bag to make sure they are not accidentally hatched in transit which is a great idea.
- They are the prefect size to take with you. Easy to drop into a handbag or chaining bag it means we can create stories wherever we go.
- The app really adds another dimension to the obsession! Its good that it is free.
Aimed at ages 5 plus they are available at all major retailers. I can definitely see us getting more of these. Oh and if you wondered … this is the face of a five year old wishing for a golden Hatchimal CollEGGtible:
If you’ve liked this post please follow me on my social media channels:
Mudpie Fridays: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest | LinkedIn
This is a collaborative post with Spin Master we were kindly given some Hatchimals CollEGGtibles Season two for the purpose of this review.