My Boys { March 2018 }

For the last two months I have joined in with the Siblings Project with  Dear Beautiful. I am hoping to keep a little record of how the boys relationship develops through 2018. This month has been pretty much the same as last month we have had some beautiful sibling moments and some pretty shocking ones too. I am starting to learn that thats just siblings. The moment that really sticks in my head this month is when Hubby and I both woke to the sound of Monkey reading. Having only really started reading to himself unprompted this is still quite a rare occurrence. When we realised that he was in fact reading to Kipper it made me all fuzzy inside.

Kipper will quite often wake and call for Monkey until he appears in his bedroom. Since he is still in a full cot it does mean that Monkey can’t get him out unaided. But it has given us a glimpse at what the future could look like.

This months photos were taken when we visited Cliveden which is on our 12 properties to visit in 2018. Both of them really enjoyed running around the maze following each other. Of course Kipper thought it hilarious as his brother turned a corner and disappeared only to jump out or reappear a couple of seconds later. Of course from a parenting perspective it was a little more stressful – but they had fun right!

This month I have really noticed Monkey starting to share more and more with Kipper. Although unfortunately it is not reciprocal but then Monkey didn’t share at 22 months either so I am not surprised. This really upsets Monkey as his love language is gift giving, of which he sees sharing as an extension of. Its something I am hoping to work on more with Kipper. Not necessarily sharing but giving ‘huggles’ and kisses as little brotherly gifts or scribbles and play.

We spent last weekend at Centre Parcs. In the swimming paradise the difference in their ages really hit me. I spent most of the time with Kipper in the splash pool while Hubby took Monkey down the flumes again and again. Four years is a long time at this age, but I think we are coming out the worst of it. We have less adventures planned this coming month and I am looking forward to some more home time.

Mudpie Fridays: YouTubeTwitter | Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest | LinkedIn

Linking up with Dear Beautiful

1. March 21, 2018 / 7:20 am

What a great idea! I love it when my two share a special moment, but I’m always too late to capture it. It’s amazing to think back to how oblivious my son was to his new baby sister, and now he misses her constantly.

2. March 21, 2018 / 9:15 am

I love it when you see your children interacting together. Even though Alfie is only 3 months old the way he looks at Heidi and looks for her when he hears her voice melts my heart. Vice versa with Heidi she try’s her hardest to play with him and when she talks to him it also melts my heart #BloggerClubUK

3. March 21, 2018 / 9:30 am

I love watching all my girls together my all time favourite moment (still) was a couple of years ago now when I turned round and realised they were chatting together, unprompted about their day (they were 2 and 4 at the time) and it melted my heart. Sibling relationships are so special. #BloggersClubUk

4. Soffy
    March 21, 2018 / 10:25 am

This is so beautiful! It’s amazing to see siblings bonding with each other! #BloggerClubUK

5. March 21, 2018 / 11:16 am

How lovely to find Monkey reading to Kipper. Love the photos of them both having fun at Cliveden. The maze is fun but it is a bit stressful when the children run ahead and disappear briefly! #bloggerclubuk

6. March 21, 2018 / 11:45 am

As a Mum of three, sometimes it feels as though all I do is referee, I love that you’re focusing on the positives here. #BloggerClubUK

7. March 21, 2018 / 10:01 pm

Aww bless them. It’s so lovely to see such a strong sibling bond so young. They’re a credit to you #BloggerClubUK

8. March 21, 2018 / 11:37 pm

It is a wonderful thing to see the love and caring between siblings. It melts my heart every time I see my daughters laughing together and interacting when we are not looking. #bloggerclubuk

9. March 22, 2018 / 7:27 am

They are so sweet! It must be lovely to watch their bond change and grow. #bloggerclubuk

10. March 22, 2018 / 9:57 am

Love this post. I’m always slightly envious of sibling relationships as I’m an only child with one child. #BloggerClubUK

11. March 22, 2018 / 2:37 pm

What sweet photos! You’re giving me baby fever for number two so our daughter can have someone to read to and push around in a stroller! I was an only child so I know nothing about siblings, but it sounds about normal to not share and have a bit of rivalry.
    #BloggerClubUK

12. March 22, 2018 / 5:26 pm

I remember the worst fights occurring with my siblings and then 2o minutes later we would be laughing and playing games. Siblings are the best! #BloggerClubUK

13. March 22, 2018 / 8:12 pm

So sweet that your two are close. Monkey looks so happy in the photo of him reading! I’m proud that my children seem to be growing up as good friends, but they have their snappy moments with each other too. #BloggerClubUK

14. March 23, 2018 / 2:43 pm

I love this type of post, I love the fact you are recording all these special memories of your children. Especially as we so quickly forget what they were like the older they get. Such a great memory for years to come.

15. March 24, 2018 / 10:03 am

What a great way of documenting their journey together – I think i would like to do this! #Bloggersclubuk

16. March 26, 2018 / 4:48 pm

It’s always interesring to look back on posts like this and see how they’ve changed and what positives come from each phase of childhood #BloggerClubUK

17. March 27, 2018 / 9:20 am

My children adore each other. Zach gets away with a lot because he is little but they can’t wait for him to grow up so he can play with them in a more reciprocal way #bloggerclubuk

18. March 28, 2018 / 11:06 am

Aah so sweet, and I love that they shared a book. I absolutely love Sue Hendra and we really want to read Cake! Hope it’s as good as her others! #BloggerClubUK