For all families, the bathroom is an important room. When they are small, kids love playing in the bath. As they get older they tend to spend more time in the bathroom making sure that they look their best. Most family bathrooms get a lot of use, which means that you have to redecorate them regularly to keep them looking nice.
Fortunately, you do not necessarily have to spend a lot of money to do this, especially if you order online. Taking this approach gives you the chance to shop around to find the best deals on the more costly items like shower doors, taps, towel rails and other fixtures.
You can easily use your craft skills to keep your bathroom looking nice and up to date. Worn towels can easily be turned into nice facecloths and practical toiletry bags.
- Create some basket storage – It is really easy to create extra storage using baskets that you either make or buy and line with material to fit in better with the rest of your bathroom decor. Keeping your bathroom as free of clutter as possible is important. It makes a huge difference to how nice it looks. Plus, it will be much easier to keep properly clean. Putting up shelving is OK, but bear in mind that you will still have to periodically clear each shelf and clean it. Creating some nice stackable storage baskets or hand-decorated boxes is a far better idea.
- Attractive Mason jar storage ideas – Decorated Mason jars look great. You can use glass paints or stickers to make them blend in with the colour scheme of your bathroom. They are ideal for storing items like soaps, cotton buds, and bath bombs. In fact, as you can see from this post, you can use mason jars to create lots of different types of bathroom storage. For example, a mason jar with holes drilled in the lid makes a fantastic looking toothbrush holder. Naturally, if your children are still young you would not want one of these in your bathroom because of the risk of them standing in the glass if it is knocked over. But, when they are older, this style of toothbrush holder will make a nice addition to any bathroom.
- Add a chair to your bathroom – If you have enough space, a chair can make a nice addition to a family bathroom. It is great to have somewhere to sit down and read while your bath fills. For the older members of your family being able to throw a towel over the chair to sit on it and dry their feet is very handy. You can easily take an old chair and use waterproof paint to spruce it up a bit. If you want to use a soft chair, spray it with a waterproofing agent and seal the base to stop moisture getting in.
- A handmade rug – Making a nice rug or two for your bathroom is another fun project. Rag rugs work particularly well. They are easy to make and are an excellent way to recycle everyone´s cotton t-shirts.
- Embroidered towels – If you are good at stitch work embroidering everyone´s towels is a nice project. You can do the same with flannels.
- Protecting your crafty creations from the damp – Creating your own bathroom wall art is also fun. There are lots of options. How you do it is up to you, but be sure to spray whatever you create with a product that protects it from the damp environment of your bathroom.
If you’ve liked this post please follow me on my social media channels: