A Educational Summer with Office Stationary

An Educational Summer Wish List: Half term went so quickly partly I think because we were away at Eurocamp in France. Its reminded me that Monkey is entering into his last half term in year one. Which means before I know it his last year at infant school. Trying to get ready for the new term ahead I have written a wish list of ideas for both boys from officestationary.co.uk. Many of which are ideal for summertime educational play.

For Kipper:

• Play Tray Cover and Stand. We are big fans of tough spots. But more recently I haven’t had the time to create small world play such as our Dinosaur Island or Going on a Bear Hunt. The play cover and stand means I can set something up when I get a spare few minutes. It can they stay a secret until we have time to play…

• Hes getting to that lovely age where role play becomes really important. Monkey loved playing shops so much. Ours is now looking a little tatty so I have my eye on a new Puppet Theatre Shop. I am really attracted by the duel use of this one as it means Monkey can use it to put on puppet shows too.

• I also need to replace our Calculator Cash Register. Its the best one I have come across as the large buttons are perfect for little hands. Its like a giant calculator which holds life  sized money and notes (available separately).

For Monkey:

• Being away in France has really given me wanderlust and its something I would like to encourage in the boys. So its about time Monkey got his own Globe. I particularly like the 2 in 1 Earth and Constellation Globe. Where we live we dont get much light pollution so it would be ideal for him to learn all about the stars we see. Plus I am sure we will be getting up to some camping this Summer too.

• While away in France Monkey spotted lots of different bugs which he was fascinated with. Including hairy caterpillars and giant flying beetles. These Bug Tongs would have been perfect for him to get a closer look. They would go perfectly with the Bugnoculars!

• When Monkey goes into year 2 he will be learning all about the solar system. In fact I full expect to have a project over the Summer to create our own. I think the Inflatable Solar System would be great fun and a good way for Monkey to learn the order, shape and size of all the different planets. Coupled with the Solar System Activity Mat he will be all set to tackle his final year at infant school…. sob.

These are just a few of the items from Office Stationary. I had no idea what a large selection of educational supplies they offer. They have given me some great ideas for kids activities over the Summer too!

1. June 6, 2018 / 6:57 am

There are some great educational toys here, thanks for sharing. I really need to order some legs for my tuff tray abd I didn’t realise that they made covers for them so this would be really useful. I also love the inflatable solar system.
    #BliggerClubUK

2. June 6, 2018 / 10:24 am

The year has gone fast hasn’t it?! We’ll be starting in Year 1 in September and I now seem to have a big boy and not a little boy anymore. Having said that, I know he would love that till! #BloggerClubUK

3. June 6, 2018 / 10:39 am

Wow, I didn’t know all those amazing products were available, need to check it out! #BloggerClubUK

4. June 7, 2018 / 11:40 am

I love the idea of bug tongs. I hate bugs and creepy crawlies of any kind, but I’m trying really hard not to pass those fears on to my daughter, so bug tongs would mean we could explore without me having to actually touch anything #BloggerClubUK

5. June 7, 2018 / 3:38 pm

I love the little puppet show/pop up shop and the globe! You just don’t see globes around anymore! You’ve inspired me to nab one for our house!
    #BloggerClubUK

6. June 7, 2018 / 5:50 pm

I’m in love with the idea of the inflatable solar system! How clever. #BloggerClubUK

7. June 7, 2018 / 9:40 pm

Oh I love the inflatable solar system! It’s both fun and educational! #bloggerclubuk

8. June 8, 2018 / 5:14 pm

Some great suggestions! We have a tuff spot and need a cover for it, so we will certainly be looking into that x Hope you had a nice time in France x #BloggerClubUK

9. June 11, 2018 / 7:24 pm

I’m not sure I’ve heard of this company, but it looks like they do a lot of cool stuff. I’ll definitely have to check them out! #bloggerclubuk

10. June 11, 2018 / 8:48 pm

Love educational toys like this. Thanks for sharing your finds #BloggerClubUK

11. June 12, 2018 / 11:47 am

This is a great idea to prepare him for the coming year! Replacing some of the old stuff with newer stuff that will help prepare him is wonderful! #BloggerClubUK

12. June 13, 2018 / 5:03 pm

Great idea to plan ahead! I can’t believe that my oldest 2 have nearly finished their first year at their new schools! #bloggerclubuk