Now TV Smart Stick Review: If you are regular readers of Mudpie Fridays then you will know that we had a wonderful holiday to Portugal at the beginning of the Summer break. We were lucky as the villa we stayed in had kids English TV. Not that we spend our holidays in front of the box, but the kids like to get up super early. So it means we get a little bit of a lay in (its our holiday too!). Plus its useful as a negotiation point to get them out of the pool ready for dinner or letting them wind down after a full on adventure. However I am more than aware this is unusual.
Historically we have been on holidays where there is nothing suitable for them to watch. Or if its suitable they don’t understand it. Which is why I was so interested when Now TV contacted me about their new Smart Stick. It makes streaming TV and movies while abroad in Europe or away from home easier than ever before.
Things we love:
- Pocket sized so it doesn’t take up much space!
- Connects via HDMI so will work on TVs and laptops easily all you need is wifi to be able to stream
- Packages are payable monthly and there are four available to keep everyone in the family happy. Including Sports, Movies, Entertainment (aka binging on boxsets) and Kids.
- The fact they are payable monthly, starting at a very reasonable £3.99 for the kids package. The Smart Stick is also well priced at £14.99 and you can get a two weeks free trail on Kids, Movies and Entertainment to see if you like them enough to buy monthly.
- Shows can be downloaded so that they are available on the move, perfect for travelling
- I didn’t initially realise that the smart stick also comes pre-loaded with apps which means you also have access to i-player, sky news and youtube. You will never need to miss your favourite series again!
- There is also a remote control in the box, which comes with batteries and is voice activated. Meaning you can search for what you want to watch through speech. How clever is that!
Being incredibly lucky and travelling again at the end of the month and then again to Europe in October. I know we will get a lot of use out of the smart stick. As you can see Monkey is all packed and ready to go..
If you’ve liked this post please follow me on my social media channels:
We were sent the Now TV Smart Stick and items included in this post for the purpose of the review. All words and opinions are my own.