Our Top 10 Eurocamp Parcs

If you are regular readers of Mudpie Fridays then you will know that for the last couple of years in early Summer we have been lucky enough to visit a Eurocamp in France. We are definitely Eurocamp converts and you can read all about why we are returning to Eurocamp in a previous post. We will be returning again in 2019 so we have been excitingly planning our return trip. Of course the first decision is which Parc we would like to visit. With this in mind below is our shortlist for our 2019 trip.

Our Top 10 Eurocamp Destinations

La Croix du Vieux Pont France – This has to make our list because we visited Disneyland Paris just before Christmas and La Croix du Vieux Pont is close enough for a return trip either by bus or car. Being less than 90 minutes away from the centre of Paris. The Parc has direct access to a lake and river as well as a lagoon with a beach.

Monkey would love the four pools and I am encouraged by the fact that three have retractable roofs incase the weather is not behaving. With toddler slides and a spray park it will also cater well for Kipper. With Super Fun kids clubs there is also a packed calendar of activities for them six days a week. Some of which are aimed specifically at the whole family such as zorbing which would be on my list of must tries, along with the numerous sports activities which come with choosing a large park. Plus a Spa for some little ‘me’ time.

A wide range of different accommodation means that it can cater for every party size and budget. The parc also has two different types of lodge which are new to Eurocamp, the Deckhouse which sleeps eight and the Villa which sleeps ten. Making it ideal for larger families or those wanting to holiday with grandparents.

Bella Italia Italy – For us the draw of Bella Italia is the location – the south eastern tip of Lake Garda is somewhere we visited briefly on our honeymoon ten years ago and would really like to explore more. Not only there is a lakeside beach but also four pools and numerous slides. For Kipper a specific toddler splash area with suitable slides for his age range.

The parc is ideal for those looking for somewhere lively benefiting from four different restaurants, five bars, a kids mini disco and an animation team. Not only that but its well placed for the theme parks Gardaland and Canevaworld, plus its possible to take excursions to both Venice and Verona. If you don’t want to venture too far from the parc then there are several Italian towns to explore. There is also a direct access to a cycle path which leads to the romantic city of Mantova.

La Garangeoire France – In the grounds of a beautiful old château yet only a fifteen minutes drive from a beach this parc ticks a number of boxes. Like many of our top ten there is a dedicated toddler pool for kids aged three and under which is a must for Kipper. There is also a pool which is covered incase the weather isn’t great, plus a lagoon pool which is surrounded by a sandy beach.

With a Spa and Eurocamp run kids clubs there is plenty to keep everyone entertained and also give me some much needed me time. I am super impressed by how the kids clubs are free and offer so much. Plus there is a kids disco in the evening, a small grocery shop on site and a restaurant if you don’t fancy cooking in. Location wise it is only a short drive from a fishing village which has regular markets. A little further a field there is a zoo and also the ruins of a Renaissance castle.

La Baume France – After visiting the French Riviera last year its definitely an area which I would consider again. There is still so much we would like to explore. Only 5km from a beach its biggest selling point is the pool complex which is heated in the low season. There is a covered family pool and several waterslides. Plus a jacuzzi and steam room. With an onsite restaurant, a children’s disco and live entertainment.

Take the short drive from the parc into Fréjus, a town founded by Julius Caesar, where you can visit the busy port with its various cafés and restaurants, browse around the shops and sample the bars, and take in the Roman architecture in the old town. Here in Fréjus you will also find a popular zoo and Aqualand water park. We managed to reach Cannes last time but not St Tropez so this would be on our list as I’e heard its definitely worth the extra drive.

Castell Montgri Spain – Only 1.5km from a beach Castell Montgri is based in the Costa Brava not far from the resort of Cambrils. Entertainment is the focus with three pools to choose from all with bars and slides and two of them open until midnight it is the perfect place for families with slightly older children. Since there is no dedicated toddler area only an area of the main pool cornered off. There is an underground soundproof disco and a

This parc also has a creperie as well as two restaurants to choose from, four bars, a supermarket, news agents and gift shop. If water sports are your thing then you will be pleased to know that there is a wide range available less than 1km away. The water is very warm and clear which makes it perfect for scuba diving and snorkelling. Its also possible to visit Barcelona and also two water parks via the excursions available on site.

Esterel France – Based in St Raphael in the Cote D’Azur area of France which is on the Southern Coast nestled between Cannes and St Tropez. Monkey chose Esterel for our trip last year because of the swimming complex and water slides. I was attracted by the fact it was a five star campsite and the fact it had an inside toddler pool for kipper. Which turned out to be perfect for him.  We spent the week exploring and found many beaches and enjoyed soaking up the Riverina charm. You can read my full review here.

Cote D’Argent FranceCote D-Argent was the parc which caused us to fall in love with Eurocamp. Not far from Bordeaux its a great base to explore the most beautiful beaches and a huge freshwater lake that felt like sitting in a warm bath. Although the highlight was the brand new pirate splash down. I can still remember Monkey’s face the first morning it started up I don’t think I have ever seen him so excited. He’s definitely never got changed as quickly as he did that morning.

There was a restaurant onsite as well as a bar. The supermarket had fresh bread every morning and we chose to BBQ most evenings which was very convenient since Kipper was only just over a year old. You can read my full review here.

Union Lido Italy – For me its all about location Union Lido is nestled on the Adriatic coast of Italy. An area which I have wanted to visit with the boys for a while. During our honeymoon we made it to Venice but not down to the coast. Monkey is attracted by the splash down area and all the slides. There are two pool complexes including a lazy river a beach right next to the Parc. There are three different restaurants to choose from plus a Pizzeria and four bars. Which means if you don’t want to live on BBQ food there is plenty to choose from.

Not only that it has a supermarket onsite but it also has numerous other amenities including a bakery, ice cream parlour, pharmacy and newsagents. The Parc is around 40km from Venice so perfect for a visit as well as the island of Murano. There is also a waterpark near by although with all the slides and splashdown on the parc I don’t think it will be needed!

El Delfin Verde Spain – Based in the Costa Brava El Delfin Verde has a quirky dolphin shaped pool with slides and a bar open in high season. There is also direct access to a beach. There are lots of options for onsite dining with two restaurants, a pizzeria, two takeaways and also a creperie. There is a wide range of water sports available on the beach and its possible to take excursions from the Parc to Barcelona, Montserrat and Dali Museum.

Le Vieux Port FranceLe Vieux Port is based in the pine forests and next to a long sandy beach. It has an amazing seven pools and has its own wave machine. One of the pools is covered and there is plenty to keep the little ones entertained so ideal for Kipper. Being in a forest means that there are no BBQs allowed however there is a restaurant, pizzeria and takeaway. Along with two bars, a supermarket, ice cream parlour and gift shop all on site. For the evening entertainment there is a mini disco, family disco, over 16s disco and an animation team. Its a good location for those looking to explore the forest and nature reserves. Its even possible to walk through the reserve at La Pinede des Singes and have a giggle at the monkeys that live freely in the nearby pine forests.

Have you visited Eurocamp? Which destinations can you recommend please let me know your ideas in the comments below.

Mudpie Fridays: YouTubeTwitter | Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest | LinkedIn

Farawayflies105

1. Tracy Nixon
    December 31, 2018 / 4:08 am

Thanks! Will be looking up a few of these!

2. Margaret Gallagher
    January 1, 2019 / 11:45 am

Have never been to any of these – perhaps 2019 will be THE year I do

3. January 1, 2019 / 5:58 pm

These are beautiful. Thank you for sharing the kids attractions. We pay attention to what places have to offer for our kids more so now.

4. Fiona jk42
    January 1, 2019 / 6:13 pm

I’ve never been to a Eurocamp as they did not exist when my kids were small. However, they look like great places for a family with young kids.

5. Nate
    January 1, 2019 / 6:57 pm

This is a place to visit next year! Thank you for sharing!

6. January 2, 2019 / 1:32 am

I have never heard of Eurocamp before, but it looks like you and your kids had a blast! It looks very kid friendly and like an awesome time visiting different locations. Thanks for sharing!

7. January 2, 2019 / 7:38 am

These places are super cool and lovely, hopefully I will one day pay a visit.

8. January 2, 2019 / 10:15 am

looks like wonderful places! I like each… well no wonder these are the best!

Happy New 2019 Year! Best Wishes!

9. Surekha Busa
    January 2, 2019 / 1:28 pm

That’s a lot of list, and it all sounds fun. Great tips for a summer outing. Love it. Thanks for sharing!

10. January 2, 2019 / 2:09 pm

Sounds like it was worth checking out. I love connecting with family while we travel. These are experiences you’ll always treasure.

11. January 2, 2019 / 7:31 pm

When I think of France, I only see a few things. Most of which include art, cafes, Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame de Paris etc. I would never have thought they had theme parks for some reason. How awesome!

12. Rosey
    January 2, 2019 / 8:44 pm

What a nice list to see. I haven’t been to any, but I’m very curious about them now.

13. January 2, 2019 / 11:28 pm

I just love that you plan ahead and already have a list of 2019 adventures!!!! You should visit Colorado and adventure with me!

14. January 3, 2019 / 12:50 am

WOW! We are looking for places to take the kids on family vacations and this list is astounding!! They look not only perfect for my kids but for me too!!!!

15. January 3, 2019 / 2:57 am

Thank you so much for sharing thi list. These parks look awesome.

16. January 3, 2019 / 4:13 am

Your family looks like you had a blast! How fun!

17. Susan B
    January 3, 2019 / 10:27 am

It’s no wonder you are a convert: they look fabulous for children. A really helpful summary. Thank you.

18. Megan
    January 3, 2019 / 10:48 pm

I think these look like so much fun! definitely need to start planning my next adventure…

19. January 4, 2019 / 3:33 am

Wow! Each place looked better than the one before! It looks like you all had an amazing time!

20. January 4, 2019 / 7:47 pm

This looks really fun. I am in my twenties and I still love water park. The little one sure had fun

21. January 5, 2019 / 12:43 pm

This looks like so much fun! What a great time for the children 🙂

22. Aia
    January 5, 2019 / 5:21 pm

wow. What a paradise. I’ve never been to Europe but i’d love to visit this place one day.

23. Becca Wilson
    January 5, 2019 / 6:05 pm

All of these look like they would be great destinations. There is definitely something here for everyone.

24. Had we known about La Croix du Vieux Pont before our trip to Disneyland Paris last August, I would have tried to book us in there. We’ve never stayed in a Eurocamp yet, lucky you to go back year after year. Is La Garangeoire in the Loire Valley area?
    #FarawayFiles

25. January 6, 2019 / 9:08 pm

We’ve seen the adverts on TV recently and wondered out loud if it’s something we would do as to us it’s like Centre Parcs but abroad so I think we will definitely look into it some more.

26. January 7, 2019 / 8:33 am

Euro camp looks fab. So much variety and a great alternative for us. I would love to give one a try with my son some day!

27. January 7, 2019 / 4:36 pm

I’ve never been to a Eurocamp before, but now you’ve got me wanting to book a little getaway! All of these destinations look amazing, so I wouldn’t know which one to choose first 🙂

Louise x

28. January 7, 2019 / 7:30 pm

I haven’t heard of this place before, but it looks like so much fun! My son would love to go here. I’ll have to check it out for a possible vacation this summer. Thanks for sharing!

29. January 8, 2019 / 9:57 am

I’ve heard of Eurocamp parcs before but I’ve never been sure if it’s something we would enjoy, however after reading a few bloggers posts I am starting to wonder if they would be a great family holiday for us. Off to have a look at one in Italy as I would love to visit there

30. Lindsey bray
    January 8, 2019 / 12:48 pm

We visited a euro camp last year. It was amazing! And so cheap. We’re defiantly going to one again so this is a great help, thanks!

31. January 8, 2019 / 1:18 pm

Eurocamp parks look amazing! I remember your photos from last year and longing for a similar holiday with my 4. All the ones you’ve shortlisted look perfect for a family holiday, and I think if I had to pick just one, I’d probably go for Bella Italia Italy, just because I’ve heard a lot about the area and have never been near Lake Garda.

32. January 8, 2019 / 6:39 pm

Wow wow wow!! All of these places look amazing! They remind me of the camps my parents used to take me to in France when I was younger, but waay better!xx

33. January 8, 2019 / 9:48 pm

We’re considering Eurocamp for this year! I’m a bit nervous about driving abroad though!

34. Geraline Batarra
    January 9, 2019 / 4:35 am

Wow these places looks amazing! I would love to go to these places sometime. Kids will surely love this.

35. January 9, 2019 / 6:32 am

Bella Italia looks amazing and I always wanted to visit the country of my ancestors. #BloggerClubUK

36. January 11, 2019 / 12:02 am

I’m glad I’ve read this post, we have just booked with eurocamp to go to La Croix du Vieux Pont France so nice to see it made your top 10

37. January 12, 2019 / 12:16 pm

I must say that Eurocamp is high up on our places to go list. It looks like each site has so much to offer and it is great value for money too.

38. January 13, 2019 / 9:07 am

This is such a useful guide! We did Eurocamp a lot when I was little and I have such fond memories of it, but I’m sure the sites have all changed so much in that time. We are seriously considering Eurocamp for this year and choosing a campsite does feel like a bit of a punt, so it’s great to have your recommendations.

39. January 13, 2019 / 2:55 pm

Oh fab list! We were going to choose Union Lido this year but then saw one which was closer to the marina, only ten minutes away, where you can hop on the waterbus to Venice. It looks like a gorgeous parc, they all do!

40. January 13, 2019 / 6:47 pm

Oh some of these places look amazing! I would love to
    Visit with my daughter one day. It would be an adventures that’s for sure.

41. January 13, 2019 / 9:28 pm

We’ve never been to Eurocamp before, they do seem to have everything that I look for when booking a family holiday. Some lovely destinations, I’m sure you’re going to have an amazing time. I need to get booking our holiday!

42. January 15, 2019 / 4:10 pm

Oh wow what amazing choices, it’d be so hard to pick one. We have yet to go on a Eurocamp holiday but I was looking into one for this year, thanks for putting this list together!