Living Arrows 01/52 {2019}

‘You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth”

Happy New Year! I am sad that the Christmas holidays went so quickly and that I didn’t get everything I wanted to get done, done. In fact I got pretty much nothing done. So its just as well that January is looking like a quiet month for us. Although I am expecting to slow down a bit on the blogging front this year I will be keeping up with Living Arrows. As its a great way of documenting how the boys grow and change.

This weeks photo of Kipper was taken on Friday. It was the first time in two weeks we had spent time on our own together. As Monkey went back to school on Thursday. We went to Nymans which is a local National Trust property. I hadn’t realised that they had a Snowdog trail. Kipper was particularly keen on this big white fluffy one and kept giving it kisses.

The first photo of Monkey this year was taken on Sunday when we went to Wisely. We have not been for absolutely ages. We found bits of it we had never seen before such as the bird hide and really enjoyed the time out in the fresh air. On the way to it we found a little bee area which had some birch brooms. Monkey watched the first half of the first Harry Potter over Christmas and he’s now obsessed. So he decided to try to see if he could get the broom to fly…

He’s not watched the second half of the film yet which is probably not a bad thing as at 6 I still think he is too young. Plus I would like him to discover the books first.

Hope you all have a lovely week

Mudpie Fridays: YouTubeTwitter | Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest | LinkedIn

Linking up to #LivingArrows

1. Margaret Gallagher
    January 7, 2019 / 10:00 am

HOW cute -great start to 2019

2. lynn neal
    January 7, 2019 / 11:50 am

The snow dog looks so fluffy and cuddly!

3. January 7, 2019 / 3:15 pm

I agree that it’s good to discover the HP books before the films. Makes you appreciate it more I think!

4. January 7, 2019 / 7:42 pm

The snowdog trail looks so good. Love the broomstick, totally agree, the books need to be read first!

5. January 7, 2019 / 9:43 pm

I wouldn’t let my daughter watch the films until she had read the books and she is a Harry Potter fanatic now! Definitely a good idea!

6. January 8, 2019 / 10:05 am

Kipper looks so cute near that white fluffy dog.
    I haven’t heard of Wisely before – adding it to my visit list 😀

7. January 9, 2019 / 5:58 pm

A snowdog trail, what a lovely surprise. That white dog is very cute. Lovely photos. I think you are right about Harry Potter. My children know about him but haven’t seen the films #livingarrows

8. January 10, 2019 / 7:48 pm

I am so pleased that you’re back for another year – it’s been so lovely watching the children grow up, especially Kipper who I am sure was pretty tiny when you started this – or maybe not even born yet! That Snowdog is amazing – you cannot beat a National Trust for a good day out can you? x

9. January 13, 2019 / 5:58 pm

I love that photo of Monkey on the broomstick – I hope he wasn’t too disappointed when it didn’t take off! x #Living Arrows

10. January 13, 2019 / 8:39 pm

The Snowdog trail looks great, my girls would love it. We love a good day out at a National Trust x

11. January 13, 2019 / 8:59 pm

That enormous Snow Dog is brilliant! And Monkey looks like he’s loving that broomstick. I’m hoping to start reading the Harry Potter books to Toby soon, although at 5 and a half we maybe need to wait a bit longer too. Maybe I’ll just read them again myself first instead 🙂 #LivingArrows

12. January 14, 2019 / 3:34 pm

Looks like a lovely day out. My Mum owns a caravan not far from there and I always mean to visit but never have. Maybe 2019 will be the year I do 🙂