Living Arrows 10/52 {2019}

‘You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth”

This weeks photos were taken on Saturday when we decided to visit the beach. We thought we would go and blow the cobwebs away. The boys have some octopus kites which I brought last Summer for a few pounds. I thought it would be a good idea and give them something to do while at the beach. Only it was far to windy and all that happened was that they went round and round in circles much to everyones annoyance. Especially Hubby’s.

The boys didn’t seem to mind. Kipper thought it was great fun finding the biggest stones possible for me to throw into the sea. We would shout one, two, three, plop. He thought it was hilarious. It was very rough so I also spent a fair amount of time making sure he understood he mustn’t get too close. It wasn’t long until they were treasure hunting. Kipper found the only part of the beach that had sand on it to dig for 20ps. He was most impressed when he found one!

Monkey enjoyed scavenging for things and building rock towers. Because it was so rough he found lots of cuttlefish which he thought was brilliant. I hadn’t realised how long his hair had got until I looked at this photo. I think I need to take him to get it cut soon. We only stayed for a couple of hours but it was enough to enjoy the nicest part of the day on the beach.

Hope you all had a good week – I look forward to seeing what you get up to.

Mudpie Fridays: YouTubeTwitter | Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest | LinkedIn

Linking up to #LivingArrows

1. Alice Colling
    March 11, 2019 / 6:45 am

I love the beach in the winter. It’s great for kids to see it in the different seasons.

• Jo
      March 11, 2019 / 11:21 am

Kids always find plenty to do on a beach, my oldest spends quite a bit of time throwing stones into water too! Best time we had on a beach though was in Somerset where we went fossil hunting. Found a few too, i loved it as much as the kids!

2. March 11, 2019 / 9:48 am

It sounds like you had a lovely day at the beach despite the wind, it was so blustery this weekend I’m not surprised even the kites couldn’t fly ! Gorgeous photo’s of your two boys they look very happy indeed x #livingarrows

3. March 11, 2019 / 10:05 am

I love the beach at this time of year, it always blows the cobwebs away! It was a bit too wild for us to go this weekend though, it felt like we would’ve been blown away too! x #LivingArrows

4. Rebecca -Hamilton Billiards
    March 11, 2019 / 11:53 am

Very pretty pics, and a lovely post to read!

5. Susan B
    March 11, 2019 / 3:11 pm

Finds of cuttlefish and a 20p on a day out at the beach sound pretty good to me!

6. Adrian Price
    March 11, 2019 / 4:43 pm

i remember swimming in the sea at Brighton In January

7. Jo Hutchings
    March 11, 2019 / 8:07 pm

Lovely pictures. I love the beach at this time of year. People who only go in the summer don’t know what they’re missing.

8. March 11, 2019 / 10:08 pm

I love beach photo shots, kids always have a good time on the sand. We either build castles, make footprints, throw stones, draw in the sand, dig holes or whatever other activities the kids dream up.

9. Robert Price
    March 13, 2019 / 5:28 am

I love the seaside

10. March 13, 2019 / 10:52 pm

It sounds like a fab day (apart from the kites!). We live so close to the beach but hardly ever go – the tide goes out so far you have to walk for miles to get the sea here though so it’s not as much fun! #LivingArrows

11. March 14, 2019 / 12:55 am

I love the pictures at the beach but unfortunately we don’t live close to a beach at all.

Your boys are adorable!

12. Margaret Gallagher
    March 14, 2019 / 8:22 am

HOW beautiful – who needs sunshine to have fun!

13. March 14, 2019 / 8:44 pm

Monkey is looking so grown up now! I’m pinching your treasure hunting idea next time were at the beach #livingarrows

14. March 17, 2019 / 4:25 pm

I love a random trip to the beach – it looks like they had a great time! x

15. March 17, 2019 / 9:06 pm

The beach is great fun all year round. Such a shame about the kites, I have one and keep forgetting to get it out x