The Summer is here!!! Well it looked like it was, although as I write this there is torrential rain coming down outside. The good news is that although you may use the Minene Portable Activity Mat outside it also has inside uses. A good activity mat or waterproof blanket is an important baby essential for me, so when we were asked by Minene to review theirs I was interested to see if it lived up to its £40 price tag.
Minene which means ‘my child’ is a innovate baby brand established by three young mothers which a vision to create innovate, well designed yet practical products for parents, babies and toddlers.
My initial reaction was that it was really thick… which actually when you come to reviewing activity blankets is a really good quality. I instantly liked the bright colours of the cotton canvas, which felt really substantial. I was also surprised by how big it was, folding into a bag. Which not only means that its easy to carry but that it also hands off the buggy really nicely. The stitching is very straight and even with the backing material having a soft to the touch feeling.
Things I love:
- The fact that it folds up into a bag is so practical, as you know as well as I do that it can be difficult to juggle everything while holding a child as it is. So the fact you can sling this on your shoulder or buggy is great.
- The bag is separate to the the mat. So you don’t have to fold it up in such a way to make it fit into the bag like you do with a cagoule.
- Love the bright colours, and they have a number of different designs to choose from. I opted for something which is gender neutral. For those who like monochrome they have recently brought out a black blanket with white stars.
- The quality really is second to none
- The mat also comes with three attached play things for Kipper to explore. At thirteen months he is not that interested in them, but for a young baby they would prove a useful addition
- Its thick meaning its just as useful for hard internal floors as it is for outside
- The water proof backing is helpful when it comes to the UK weather
- Its a fantastic size when laid out – 135cm x 135cm and can easily fit me and the two boys on it
- Its machine washable! I wouldn’t consider buying something like this that wasn’t
I can really see us using this a lot, both inside on our kitchen and utility floor. But also outside for picnics, trips to the beach and woods. Its a really good edition to our family essentials. With the added feature of the bag and its quality I would pay £40 for it. But don’t just take my word for it. The lovely people at Minene have given one of my readers the chance to win their own Portable Activity Mat in their colour choice. To enter please use the link below to the Gleam application and note the T&Cs.
- Competition is open to residents of UK aged 18 or over
- There is no cash alternative offered
- The winner will be drawn at random and receive a Minene Portable Activity Mat in their choice of design – subject to availability
- The competition will close on 30th June at 11.59pm, the winner will be notified through Twitter
- The Winner will be asked to provide an email address and full postal address
There is a wide range of different products available from Minene including changing bags, muslins, funky storage, car seat covers and foot muffs. You can find the whole selection on their website.
I have some other giveaways running at the moment so please check them out in the Blog Giveaways Page above. Good Luck!
If you’ve liked this post please follow me on my social media channels:
We were given a Minene Activity Mat for the purpose of this review all opinions are my own