Learning Resources: GeoSafari® Jr. Kidnoculars™ Review & Giveaway
GeoSafari® Jr. Kidnoculars™ Review: We are big fans of Learning Resources having tried out a number of their products including recently, the Primary Lab Set, Code and Go Robot Mouse, Viewscope and their Discovery Tubes for Kipper. More recently Learning Resources sent up a pair of their GeoSafari® Jr. Kidnoculars™ to play with. Monkey really enjoys binoculars and will quite often borrow a pair when we go to a National Trust property. When I told him he was going to get a pair of his own he was very happy.
The GeoSafari® Jr range let’s young explorers curiously investigate using colourful and functional tools and activities that have been designed specially for them.
The first thing that struck me about the Kidnoculars is that they are a lot larger than the ones you normally see in the shops. The viewfinder was also very different fitting completely around the eyes. This shuts out the light which means its easier for Monkey to see what he is looking at.
Having planned a trip to the lavender fields a couple of weekends a go, and knowing he is now at the age where he gets bored I decided to take them with us. As predicted he was very interested in them straight away, wanting to put them around his neck and explore even before we had parked the car.
It was the perfect place to study the bees going about their work in the lavender. We have visited the fields many time before and last time we went Monkey was a little wary of the bees. The Kidnoculars proved a great distraction from the worry and instead he stood fascinated watching as many as he could. In fact I had a different problem this time, which was getting him to put the Kidnoculars down long enough that I could capture some photos of him in the lavender without them. In the end I had to give up and get what I could!
Things we love:
- They are lovely, bright and colourful instantly appealing to Monkey
- Due to the size of them they are perfect for young explorers but they are really lightweight.
- They are also all one piece which means there is less chance of any breakage if they are dropped. They feel very durable and robust
- The neck strap is easily altered and Monkey can do this himself, he didn’t have any trouble carrying them around the fields himself. The neck strap has a breakaway safety feature.
- They are only two times magnification but for what Monkey uses them for that is perfect and a great starting point
- The moulded eye piece is made from softer silicone which means that its not uncomfortable at all. The wide eye piece also ensures that Monkey positions them correctly.
- You can download a bird and butterfly spotting sheet off the Learning Resources website which is the perfect activity to test out your new GeoSafari® Jr. Kidnoculars™
- I can see Monkey getting a lot of use out of these over the Summer holidays, hours of play.
- I think there are a lot of educational benefits attached to these such as teaching Monkey to focus, encourages him to explore the world around him both inside and outside. Just like a lot of the Learning Resource toys they encourage learning though play.
The suggested age range for the Kidnoculars is 3-7 years. I can see Monkey (age 5) getting several years of use out of his so would agree with this recommendation. They currently retail at £11.90 on the Learning Resources website, but they have very kindly given my readers the opportunity to win a pair themselves by entering the giveaway below. Before entering please note the T&Cs.
- Competition is open to residents of UK aged 18 or over
- There is no cash alternative offered
- The winner will be drawn at random and receive a pair of GeoSafari® Jr. Kidnoculars™
- The competition will close on 15th August 2017
- The Winner will be asked to provide an email address and full postal address
I have some other giveaways running at the moment so please check them out in the Blog Giveaways Page above.
If you’ve liked this post please follow me on my social media channels:
This is a collaborative post we were given GeoSafari® Jr. Kidnoculars™ for the purpose of this review all words and opinions are my own.