Thomas & Friends™ Twisting Tornado Set Review: Monkey has long been a fan of Thomas the Tank Engine having reviewed the Super Station last year. He was super excited when he saw the box knowing what to expect. I also like the fact that as a track master set he will be able to play with both of them together.
What do you get in the get in the box:
True to form like the other sets we have it was very easy to put together. So much so that Monkey managed to do it predominately himself in just a few steps. The only thing he needed help with was the fixing in the tornado. As it was a little stiff. I think this in part due to the very simple to follow pictorial instructions which are in colour. The good news is that this set is also very easy to take apart again which means that despite its size it will fit back in the box for storage.
Along with the tornado itself the set also comes with a short amount of track which makes a heart shape. Unsurprisingly it was a hit he really enjoyed playing with it and even Kipper wanted to get in on the action. Which left me wishing that it came with more than one engine since Kipper has not learnt to share yet. The actual age on this set is 3 to 7 years. I suspect because some of the items are quite small. But when you have an older brother sometimes mummy has no choice but to let you play with the toys unless we want our own little tornado to happen!
Monkey was explaining exactly what Thomas was doing as he went around the track, going over the little bridge before reaching the turntable. He also made simulated noises of the tornado and swooshing sound as he went from one side to another.
Things we loved:
- I like the fact that the only battery which is needed goes in Thomas. The Tornado itself is operated by a leaver which moves the turntable from one side to the other. At the same time the engine house blows down and the electricity pylons are sent flying.
- The set is compatible with other TrackMaster sets which is a big plus as it means Monkey can build more track around the tornado element.
- The set comes with Thomas who has been adapted to look like he’s been in the path of the tornado with leaves and scratches on his paintwork. I like the attention to detail. This Thomas is unique to this set so perfect if you have a little collector.
- Thomas will run round the track on his own if you add in 2 x AAA batteries which do not come with the set. Motorised Thomas makes it a rush against time to reset the turntable before he reaches the other side!
- For a plastic toy its good looking – the level of detail is great and the bright colours are really attractive. It does make you want to pick it up and play with it. The cow on the tornado also makes me giggle!
- The quality is what I would expect from a brand like Thomas & Friends™ pieces go together easily and click into place. The track fits together well and Monkey can pull it apart and set it up again quite easily.
Due to its size its the perfect to take away. The Twisting Tornado Set costs £24.99 and is available from all good high street toy shops and online including Smyths. For Thomas friends everywhere you can keep up to date with your favourite train adventures over on the Thomas & Friends Youtube Channel. The lovely people at Fisher Price have very kindly offered one of my readers the chance to win one. To enter please use the gleam application below and please note the T&Cs.
- Competition is open to residents of the UK aged 18 and over
- There is no cash alternative offered
- The winner will be drawn at random and will receive their own Thomas & Friends Twisting Tornado Set
- The giveaway will close on the 13th April at midnight, the winner will be notified through Twitter
- The Winner will be asked to provide an email address and full postal address
I have some other giveaways running at the moment so please check them out in the Blog Giveaways Page above.
If you’ve liked this post please follow me on my social media channels:
I was gifted a Mira Bangle purpose of this review