Since Monkey was tiny one of our favourite books to read was the Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle. Its such an iconic book and it reminds me of my own childhood. For Monkey’s first Birthday we even held a Very Hungry Caterpillar themed party. So when we were offered a Very Hungry Caterpillar outfit for Kipper I was excited to see how cute he would look in it!
I was not disappointed. The outfit comes from Marks and Spencers and is available in three sizes – 18-24 months, 2-3 years, 3-4 years – Kids Hungry Caterpillar Dress Up. Because Kipper is such a chunky Monkey we opted for the 2-3 age and it fitted him really well.
Unlike some other dress up versions of the well known character there is plenty of room for movement. Even with it being slightly padded around the middle. Kipper didn’t mind wearing it at all which says something for a temperamental toddler. The costume is well made, with lots of extra details including felt fruit and a metallic fabric.
I know I am biased but I think he looks totally adorable in this costume and will be wearing it to nursery today.
It makes a great costume for World Book Day and to celebrate the day I have costume from Tu Clothing and a copy of The Very Hungry Caterpillar to give away! Please enter via the gleam application below and please note the T&Cs: Win a Very Hungry Caterpillar Costume and Book
- Competition is open to residents of the UK aged 18 and over
- There is no cash alternative offered
- The winner will be drawn at random and will receive a costume in size 3-4 from Sainsbury’s along with a copy of The Very Hungry Caterpillar
- The giveaway will close on the 1st April at midnight, the winner will be notified through Twitter
- The Winner will be asked to provide an email address and full postal address
I have some other giveaways running at the moment so please check them out in the Blog Giveaways Page above.
If you’ve liked this post please follow me on my social media channels:
We were gifted the costume and the book for the purpose of this review all words and opinions are my own.