Mayfield Lavender Farm

Its that time of year again when Instagram is flooded with pictures of little ones and adults alike running through lavender fields. It such a glorious sight and I wonder why it took me to have Monkey to even realise that you could do this? You may remember that we visited Mayfield Lavender Farm last year as well. Unfortunately my photos will never have that beautiful finish to them. The misty sunlight, the angelic faces and general semi professional look that I envy on other people’s blogs and instagram feeds, mainly because I still struggle to get Monkey to sit or stand still for long enough. I will not tell you how many 20p this little lot cost me!

MayfieldLavenderFields2016-2

We visited with some friends this year which also meant that we actually managed to get a photo of the three of us together. Next year I am planning on taking Hubby too, that way we may even get that all elusive photo of the four of us together!

IMG_2687

We got there early when it opened at 9am, otherwise it gets really busy and I am fussy and didn’t want anyone else in our pictures. The weather wasn’t brilliant the ground was very wet, which meant this year we didn’t have a bee problem we had a snail problem! Not that the snails bothered Monkey but I felt bad as I pushed the buggy up the rows of lavender as there wasn’t any way to avoid them! Thankfully we had brought a rug with us which meant the sitting down photos I was after with Monkey and Kipper together weren’t a problem. Something you may want to consider if you are intending on visiting early, especially with the weather we have been having.

IMG_2663

IMG_2671

You do need to pay £1 per car to park but you get this back if you spend over £5 in the cafe or shop. This time of year they are selling off their lavender plants with all of them reduced to £2 or £3 depending on size. There are also a range of other lavender based gifts. the cafe has ample seating most of which is under a gazebo so sheltering you from the sun or rain! We tried out the lemon drizzle lavender cake, I must admit the shortbread is still my favourite.

Again they have improved the fields by adding other things of interest, Monkey and his little friend loved the traditional phone box. Its strange to think they are growing up in a world where these are now redundant and you only really see them in museums or as works of art. They have also added a little coffee place under the large oak tree which also sells ice creams.

Things you need to know:

• Address – Croydon Lane, Banstead, SM7 3BE.
  • It is open from 9am – 6pm from the 30th May to the 20th September. The best time of year to get photos with the lavender is from early July through August.
  • Their website can be found here – http://www.mayfieldlavender.com

This has become a bit of a family tradition now, so I am sure we will be on the hunt for lavender fields again next year. If you visit any others I would love to hear about them please let me know in the comments below.

If you’ve liked this post please follow me on my social media channels:

Mudpie Fridays: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest

Linking up to #Sharingthebloglove

1. diaryofamumof3
    August 11, 2016 / 7:13 am

Lovely photos, I love the umbrella! We visited Hitchin Lavender last week and loved it. It is just a beautiful sight isn’t it. x

• August 17, 2016 / 1:52 pm

Thank you, I love them shame they don’t last all year! Thank you for stopping by xx

2. August 11, 2016 / 3:22 pm

Amazing photos! I’m desperate to visit a lavender farm but there isn’t one near us, that I’m aware of anyway x #sharingthebloglove

3. Katy - Hot Pink Wellingtons
    August 11, 2016 / 7:19 pm

Oh, I love these photos! We visited Mayfield a few weeks ago and I feel your pain on the undirectable child front! Mine did not want to play ball for quite a long time – I thought it was a write off until he made friends with a little girl and chased her around. The smell is just incredible, and the purple just goes on for miles – I loved everything about it. And for £1? I’m definitely heading back next year too! Thanks so much for joining us at #SharingtheBlogLove

• August 17, 2016 / 2:15 pm

I’ve not tried their other location, I may give that a go next time. If I’m lucky Kipper may even be waking eeekkkk!! Thank you for hosting xx

4. twotinyhands
    August 12, 2016 / 7:06 pm

And what a family tradition!! I’d love to do this too, your photos are lovely. Beautiful #sharethebloglove

• August 17, 2016 / 2:28 pm

Aww thank you and thank you for stopping by X

5. August 13, 2016 / 7:15 am

I think we have a Lavender field near us, on the other side on Alton, must go and check it out some day. I don’t think Bella would sit still long enough for piccys though! Love your photos #Sharingthebloglove #CountryKids

• August 17, 2016 / 2:31 pm

Ooo let me know I’m always on the hunt for new ones. I’m sure you could get some running through the field lol! Thanks for stopping by xx

6. August 13, 2016 / 8:28 am

We went there last week too but admittedly got there a bit late and it was packed!! Your photos are gorgeous and love the umbrella… a great idea. I found despite all the no picnic signs people were picnicking in the gazebo areas where i wanted to take pictures..very annoying! So beautiful though #countrykids x

• August 17, 2016 / 2:33 pm

Oh that is annoying!! Shame they don’t police it as such. Thank you for stopping by X

7. August 13, 2016 / 10:31 am

Lavender fields are always just so beautiful, the purple of the flowers mixed with the green of the plants are always so eye catching. The photo of Monkey and Kipper together is so sweet, totally worth the 20p! The red phone box against the purple of the flowers is really eye catching, I love the rainbow umbrella too!

Thanks for sharing with me on #CountryKids.

8. Karen (@karenjwhitlock)
    August 14, 2016 / 7:14 am

I love your photos. Visiting our local lavender fields is becoming a bit of a tradition for us too, and ours also sells delicious lavender shortbread!
    #countrykids

• August 17, 2016 / 2:35 pm

Yum! I love family traditions, thank you for stopping by xx

9. August 14, 2016 / 10:35 am

Definitely a family tradition for us too. Ours has a lovely cafe so I do meet up with friends before term ends too. They do tours of the processing area, which is really interesting and my science mad children loved. Well done for getting the photos. Sounds like a challenge! #CountryKids

• August 17, 2016 / 2:39 pm

Oh wow that sounds brilliant! Where abouts is that? It would be great for when Monkey is a little older. Thank you for stopping by x

10. August 14, 2016 / 5:08 pm

Lovely photos. I love the crispness and clearness of every one of them. I also love the contrast of the purple flower against the girls’ red hair! Just so amazing. Nice tip too to bring a rug for sitting! I always have this mat (an old diaper changing mat) for when I am out and about taking photos. For kneeling and for when my son needs a mat for sitting too!

#countrykids

• August 17, 2016 / 2:40 pm

Good idea as I got wet knees! Will remember that one, thank you for stopping by X

11. Steph (@mummyplusthree)
    August 15, 2016 / 6:56 pm

Ah such lovely photos!! I visited a lavender farm with my family when I was a child and it something that I really want to do with my own children, it is now on my list of things to do!
    Looks like you all had a great time and the lemon drizzle lavender cake sounds interesting 🙂 #countrykids

• August 17, 2016 / 2:58 pm

Aww thank you, yes I much prefer the shortbread! Thank you for stopping by X

12. August 15, 2016 / 7:57 pm

I’m loving the look of people’s photos amongst the lavender. Sadly hubby says there’s none round here.. #countrykids

• August 21, 2016 / 7:09 am

Oh no what a shame – good excuse for a road trip maybe? Thanks for stopping by X

13. August 15, 2016 / 8:09 pm

I am so jealous of all the lavender field pictures at this time of year, we don’t have any new us. These are gorgeous and I love that it’s become a little family tradition. Thank you for joining us at #SharingtheBlogLove Laura x

• August 21, 2016 / 7:10 am

Oh no that’s a shame maybe it’s a good excuse for a road trip? Thanks for hosting xx

14. August 17, 2016 / 8:56 pm

Your photos are gorgeous. Lavender fields is a winner every summer. I was on a mission for this too but only managed to go to a smaller one. lol
    #countrykids

15. August 18, 2016 / 6:55 pm

I missed this, what gorgeous photos and I am so jealous we don’t have lavender feels up this way!! I love that it has become a tradition for you, I would totally be making annual visits to the lavender fields if we had any. Beautiful photos of your family. #sharingthebloglove

16. August 21, 2016 / 8:31 am

I love lavender so I am totally fascinated by this place. And what beautiful photos! Great post! 🙂 #SharingtheBlogLove