At Christmas time Hubby queued outside our local toy warehouse to get his hands on the must have Christmas toy for 2017. A Hatchimal. It wasn’t by chance we had made several phone calls to the store and knew this was the last delivery before Christmas. We were very lucky and managed to get one. I still remember his face on Christmas morning. So when we were asked to test out the new Hatchimals CollEGGtibles I was very excited. Monkey was going to be able to hatch a whole new world with Hatchimals CollEGGtibles and I couldn’t wait to see his face.
So what exactly are Hatchimals CollEGGtibles?
- Cloud Cove
- Crystal Canyon
- Wishing Star Waterfall
- Polar Paradise
- Fabula Forest
- Giggle Grove
- Glittering Garden
- Friendship Farm
- Lilac Lake
- Shimmering Sands
- Breezy Beach
With over seventy to collect in season one, including both special and limited editions.
So how did we get on with our Hatchimals CollEGGtibles
- The eggs are very tactile and I really like the colour changing heart, the attention to detail on each of the little characters is also great. It definitely measures up the quality I have come to expect from the brand.
- They are easy to crack with Monkey being able to do it on his own.
- The story behind them adds to the imaginative play element and helps to build story lines for playing with the Hatchimals CollEGGtibles once they have been hatched.
- I like that these are effectively a blind bag in a blind bag. Since the speckles let you know which family it is from. This means that Monkey can choose to trade his egg before hatching it. By looking at his collectors list he can make the decision to trade or hatch, for example if he already has all the ones in the same family or if he wants to collect a particular family.
- They are perfectly priced for pocket monkey toys with the Hatchimals CollEGGtibles 1 pack being £2.99 and the 2 pack with nest £4.99.
- There isn’t just one ultra rare one to find! Most of the families have a rare (glittery pink wings) or ultra rare (glittery purple wings) which means theres lots of opportunities to get excited. All of Monkeys had silver glittery wings and so are common. The limited edition characters have blue glittery wings and thats what he is hoping for with his next purchase.
- You can store them in their little nests as its possible to peel down the egg until you just have the base which makes a perfect nest. Although Monkey wanted to keep is intact.
- The individual blind bags, have plastic wrapping around the egg inside the bag to make sure they are not accidentally hatched in transit which is a great idea.
If you were a Hatchimals CollEGGtibles which would you be? Monkey would be the blue whale in the Ocean Family.
If you’ve liked this post please follow me on my social media channels:
This is a collaborative post with Spin Master we were kindly given some Hatchimals CollEGGtibles for the purpose of this review.
Linking up with #Sharingthebloglove