40 before 40: So I’ve not given myself much time to get through this list as I turn forty in little under eighteen months. This does mean that to make sure these are attainable some of them may sound a little boring.
My list is definitely not full of wonderful travel destinations or life changing events. Although I am seriously considering putting together a list of fifty places I want to visit. Instead I have tried to make sure the focus of my 40 before 40 list is all about me! Something which doesn’t happen very much since the boys have come along.
- Buy a new house – this is likely to be our last move until we decide to downsize.
- Find my style and declutter my wardrobe
- Loose the extra baby weight (aka drop two dress sizes)
- Launch a product – something that has been in formation now for 12 months
- Go away 18 times – I know that sounds like a lot but we try to go away once a month, it could only be for one night mind you. Its something that we started in 2017 when I returned to work from mat leave. – Our 12 Getaways in 2017.
- Spend the night on a train in a sleeper carriage
- Watch a sunrise
- Go to a concert – Ed Shearer here I come …
- Go to a festival with the kids and camp
- Have more massages – I have been meaning to book in regularly for a while
- Go on a spa weekend with girlfriends
- Start taking a supplement regularly
- But a new designer handbag and not feel guilty!
- Buy a new pair of Christian Laboutins and not feel guilty!
- Live by my new mantra – ‘ See believed she could so she did ‘
- Stick to my skin care regime every night regardless of how knackered I feel
- Increase my number of steps and buy a cross trainer
- Find a mentor or a life coach
- Become a mentor
- Join a ladies networking group either through work or outside of it
- Be in photos more with the boys and Hubby – I am going to join in with a Me&Mine project each month to try and make this happen
- Have more of a social life and go on date nights again even if it’s just once a month, as its something that has slipped since having Kipper
- Try skiing
- Do an indoor sky dive
- Have cocktails at the Sky Bar in London
- Eat in a Michelin starred restaurant
- Put my skill set to good use and help a charity
- Become a parent governor – okay so a slight cheat as I am already one of these but its something I have wanted to do.
- Eat in the pitch black at a restaurant in London – the name escapes me
- Take Hubby to the top of the Gherkin
- Get my DNA analysed – I would love to know more about my genealogy
- Go for afternoon tea with the girls – a fancy one!
- Do Go Ape (I hate heights)
- Get my colours done – which will help with the new wardrobe
- Go to an Italian cooking school for a day
- Send a message in a bottle
- Take my mum away for the weekend
- See the Northern Lights – I am away in January and really hoping this happens then, if it doesn’t then I may not manage this one
- Go to a ballet
- Go to a drive in – ideally something girlie like Dirty Dancing or Grease
If you are thinking of writing your own and would like some more inspiration then check out the links below to some other 40 before 40 posts:
I would love to know what would be on your list, please let me know in the comments below.
If you’ve liked this post please follow me on my social media channels: