Orchard Toys Money Match Cafe Review
Monkey has been learning all about money at school. He is really interested in it and just like all parents I like to be able to encourage learning where I can. However working long hours it can be difficult to fit in homework and any sort of educational support. Which is why I love the Orchard Toys games so much as they really do support learning. We have tried out one of their games previously and always had a good experience. So when we were asked to test out the new Money Match Cafe we of course said yes.
Things you need to know about Orchard Toys Money Match Cafe:
- Age range – 5 to 8
- Number of players – 2-4
- Contents – the game contains four 3D tables, one spinner, one till board, one tray board, sixteen meal cards and thirty two money cards. Of which there are sixteen easy green cards and sixteen red hard cards
- Aim of the game – the winner is to be the first player to have served all four of their meals. Each player is given four meal cards with a monetary value on the front of them. On the back of each card is the price in picture coins, both with an easy solution and a hard solution. The youngest starts first by taking a money card and seeing if the amount on the card matches any of the prices on their meal cards. They can check the answer by turning over the meal card and seeing if the coins match. If it matches and they are correct then they can use the till and tray cards to serve the meal to one of the tables. The table is chosen by the spinner.
- Skills – the game is designed to help develop number and counting skills. It also promotes imaginative play and encourages observational skills. The game also helps with observational skills and encourages turn taking, game playing and the social skills that are learnt with this.
Monkey was very excited to give it a go he loves playing games and getting one on one time with us. A game takes us around fifteen minutes with two of us playing which is about right for his attention span and is the perfect after school activity. We started with the easy green cards but it became apparent almost straight away that he knew the answers to these on sight. When we played next with the red cards the game lasted a little longer. He also used his fingers and spoke about the calculations he was making. Finding them a little more testing. He really enjoyed using the tray to put the meals on the tables.
Things I love the Orchard Toys Money Match Cafe Game:
- I am always drawn to Orchard Toys because of the educational nature of the games. Which is why I was very impressed to find out that the Orchard Toys Money Match Cafe has been specifically designed with KS1 in mind. Not only that teachers have tested it and been involved in the development of the game.
- I like the added element of imaginative play and being able to use teddies to sit at the tables and be served the food is a great idea.
- The pictorial instructions are brilliant and you can download spares on their website.
- Monkey is learning without realising it!
- It is the usual high quality I have come to expect from Orchard Toys, the illustrations are bright and detailed, the card thick and sturdy.
The Money Match Cafe has a RRP of £12.50 and Orchard Toys have very kindly offered one of my reader the chance to win one. To enter please use the link below to the Gleam application and note the T&Cs.
- Competition is open to residents of UK aged 18 or over
- There is no cash alternative offered
- The winner will be drawn at random and an Orchards Toys Money Match Cafe
- The competition will close on 8th May at 11.59pm, the winner will be notified through Twitter
- The Winner will be asked to provide an email address and full postal address
I have some other giveaways running at the moment so please check them out in the Blog Giveaways Page above. Good Luck
If you’ve liked this post please follow me on my social media channels:
We were given a Orchard Toys Money Match Cafe Game for the purpose of this review all opinions are my own