Its that time of year again when I start to think and plan for our Elf on the Shelf arriving at the end of November. Last year was the first year I introduced Monkey to our Elf on the shelf, who he decided to call ‘Elfie” (very original). It was also before I became a blogger so I will start with a quick apology on the quality of the photos. At that time I was only taking them to keep a note of what he got up to for subsequent years, I didn’t really expect to share them! Hopefully this year I will do a better job!
As it was our first year I wanted to be super organised, especially with working during the week I decided to plan the more labour intensive activities or mischief on non working days. I found his planner over at Kreations by Kirsty, however trying to search this year I have not been able to find her website again. However there are loads of planners available if you decide to use one.
I appreciate it maybe a little hard to read so this is what Elfie got up to last year…
- 28th Nov – Elfie arrives with a letter from Father Christmas and ‘Hello Monkey’ written in sweets
- 29th Nov – Elfie makes a snowman from toilet rolls
- 30th Nov – Elfie being held to ransom by dinosaurs taped to the fridge
- 1st Dec – Elfie gets stuck in the photocopier
- 2nd Dec – Elfie goes fishing in the downstairs sink
- 3rd Dec – Elfie makes papersnow flakes for Monkey’s room
- 4th Dec – Elfie tries potty training with raisins
- 5th Dec – Elfie takes a selfie with Monkey while sleeping
- 6th Dec – Elfie falls asleep in the dumper truck
- 7th Dec – Elfie invites Monkey for a chocolate decoration treasure hunt
- 8th Dec – Elfie makes paper chains for Monkey’s room and hangs off of them
- 9th Dec – Elfie takes a bath in marshmallows
- 10th Dec – Elfie presents Monkey with a reward chart and special Christmas calm down bottle
- 11th Dec – Elfie invites Monkey to plant magic seeds
- 12th Dec – Elfie proudly shows Monkey the grown candy canes ready to eat
- 13th Dec – Elfie hides the Christmas ornaments for a treasure hunt
- 14th Dec – Elfie leaves out ingredients and Christmas cutters to make cookies
- 15th Dec – Elfie climbs Christmas Tree
- 16th Dec – Elfie with a completed jigsaw although one piece is missing and hidden for Monkey to find
- 17th Dec – Elife with some Christmas colouring books, part coloured waiting for Monkey to join in
- 18th Dec – Elfie making snow angels in flour on the kitchen work surfaces
- 19th Dec – Elfie has covered the kitchen cupboards with wrapping bows
- 20th Dec – Elfie has made cotton wool snow chain for the patio doors
- 21st Dec – Elfie leaves out a present of glittery pasta and pipe cleaners for sensory play
- 22nd Dec – Elfie leaves out a Christmas DVD to watch
- 23rd Dec – Elfie leaves Christmas balloons all over the lounge
- 24th Dec – Elfie leaves a papered in hallway, leaving letter and a ‘nice certificate’
I am sure Elfie will get up to similar mischief this year, although as Monkey is a bit older it should be even more fun!
For more inspiration please check out my pinterest board;
Whats on your Elf list this year?