Paw Patrol My Size Lookout Tower Playset Review
Paw Patrol My Size Lookout Tower Playset Review: If you are regular readers of Mudpie Fridays then you will know that Monkey is Paw Patrol mad. Even at five and a half he’s still just as excitable over it. He has even had a Paw Patrol themed Birthday party in the past!! So when we were asked to review the new Paw Patrol My Size Lookout Tower Playset from Spinmaster just in time for Christmas I was over the moon. As I knew it would be a massive hit…
The box is huge and would make a very impressive Christmas gift. Because it was so big I did think that it would be pretty much assembled when we opened it. However instead we were faced by a box of pieces, not that it’s bad its just not what I was expecting. If I had realised I would have put it together alone first instead of having the two little helpers with me. Who were more of a hindrance!
It wasn’t the most straightforward to construct. I really struggled with getting the middle piece to hold together. The connectors they have used are stronger than I have seen elsewhere but take a little time to get them to line up. You also need to apply quite a bit of pressure to get them to pop together. Hubby fixed my failing attempt when he got in from work. On the plus side the instructions were reasonably easy to follow. Both boys were attracted by the bright colours of the plastic and the control panel which blasts out Paw Patrol missions for the pups. There is a button on the front which Monkey enjoyed pressing and then choosing either Marshall or Chase to solve the problem.
The Paw Patrol My Size Lookout Tower Playset has a lot of functions which I was not expecting.
- There is a rotating periscope at the top of the tower which makes noise when you move it. When something is spotted, there are buttons on the tower to activate lights with authentic sounds from the TV show.
- By pushing the icons on the interactive pup pad you can hear each pup weigh in with their signature phrase.
- Around the outside of the tower is the slide which you can send the pup down. At the bottom there is a unique flip feature on the slider end which shoots the pup up into the air, then straight into the police truck. Which is available exclusively with this set.
- Once Chase is in his truck, Monkey can use the rotating vehicle launcher at the towers base to aim and shoot him straight into the action.
- There is also a working lift which can be used to send the pup from top to bottom in seconds. Within in the lift there is a pup pack storage area. The packs attach with a simple clip mechanism, there are four different ones included in the set.
Monkeys’ favourite feature is by far sending the pups down the slide and into the police truck. He really enjoyed acting out the responses to the calls of help from the control panel. Its good that it has these recorded as it acts as the little seed for imaginative play. For both Monkey and me! I can really see him playing along to the TV programmes trying to solve whatever pup mission he is watching.
Things we love:
- How high it is! It really is like the lookout tower in the TV programmes, standing an impressive two and half feet tall.
- The tower takes two AAA batteries, these were included. Including batteries in a toy gives the manufacturer big brownie points from me.
- I like that it comes with two of the pups and the ability to add on their packs. None of our other characters have this so it will give us some variety. The others ones we do have are the right side and fit the slide etc.
- As part of the set you also get an exclusive police truck for Chase. At the bottom the launcher comes with space for the rest of the Paw Patrol and their vehicles (sold separately). This is great if your little ones favourite character is not one of the two included in the play set.
- The quality is great, the plastic is strong and do not envisage it breaking easily. There is a lot of attention to detail in the figures and the stickers on the control panel.
- Play is limited only by his imagination
Paw Patrol to the rescue! Paw Patrol My Size Lookout Tower Playset is aimed at children age 3 and up and had an RRP of £109.99. Its not the cheapest toy but I am certain Monkey will get lots of hours imaginative play out of it. Just make sure you put it together before you put it under the Christmas Tree.
If you’ve liked this post please follow me on my social media channels:
We were given a Paw Patrol My Size Lookout Tower Playset for the purpose of this review all words and opinions are my own.