Star Wars Forces of Destiny Rey of Jakku Extendable Staff Review: Monkey is a big fan of Star Wars and has been getting more and more into it recently. He particularly likes Lightsabers. Especially since we asked to test our the BladeBuilders Spin Action Lightsaber a spin and the new Star Wars BladeBuilders Path of the Force Lightsaber. So when Hasbro offered us the Star Wars Forces of Destiny Rey of Jakku Extendable Staff I hoped that it would be a good addition to our growing collection. Especially since Kipper is just as obsessed with lightsabers as his older brother. It causes a few arguments I can tell you!
So what do you get in the box? The staff comes in three pieces. The centre piece also has two extendable pieces at the end, which if you spin will pop out. This makes the staff 104cm long! Thi§s is really the main feature of the staff. As unlike the lightsabers it doesn’t make a noise or light up. But then its not designed to do so.
The staff connectors are exactly the same as the those used with the other blade builders. You literally just turn and twist gently. The red button will pop out and hold the attachment in place. Monkey likes the fact that its super long. Its also ideal for when he has a play date and they want to act out the female character Rey. Because of the extendable nature of the staff the age is 6+. However Monkey is only five and we haven’t had any problems with it.
Things I love:
- Other BladeBuilder Lightsabers can be added to the staff as the parts are all interchangeable
- This means that there are lots of different combinations which Monkey can create, the back of the box gives some suggestions too.
- The staff is is made from good quality plastic that feels like it will last. Its got a lot of detail in the middle of the staff where the material is bound around. The plastic feels really tactile in this part of the toy.
- Unlike other toys Monkey does keep picking up any playing with the blade builders, which I think makes them a great investment.
Here is Monkey adding it to the Bladebuilders Path of the Force Lightsaber. The Star Wars Forces of Destiny Rey of Jakku Extendable Staff has an RRP of £21.99 and is available from Amazon.
Monkey also really loves his Star Wars Bladebuilders Path of the Force Lightsaber you can read our full review here. I think that is because it it enables him to play both sides of the battle should be wish. So he doesn’t have to choose Jedi or Sith for a one off purchase. It comes with two attachments one Jedi and one Sith. Its quite a clever bit of kit as the actual lightsaber will change colour depending on which attachment you have put onto it. The Sith has blades which come out either side of the handle. The Jedi has a blue blade which comes out the hand piece.
The Bladebuilders Path of the Force Lightsabers has an RRP of £49.99 and is available at from a number of high street retailers including Argos, Amazon and Smyth Toys. For one lucky reader I have one to giveaway! To enter please use the Gleam application below and note the T&Cs:
- Competition is open to residents of the UK aged 18
- There is no cash alternative offered
- The winner will be drawn at random and will receive a Bladebuilders Path of the Force Lightsabers
- The giveaway will close on the 11th Feb
- The Winner will be asked to provide an email address and full postal address
I have some other giveaways running at the moment so please check them out in the Blog Giveaways Page above.
If you’ve liked this post please follow me on my social media channels:
We were given for Star Wars Forces of Destiny Rey of Jakku Extendable Staff for the purpose of this review, all views and opinions are my own. This post includes an Amazon affiliate link this does not affect the price you pay but does mean that I may benefit from a small affiliate payment should you go on to buy this item.