Portable North Pole

If you are regular readers you will know for the last few weeks we have been getting prepared for the big day with various Advent Activities, Elf planning, contents for the calendar and general Christmas cheer. I am definitely feeling festive this year! But if you are not then I suggest checking out the Portable North Pole app and watching your child’s reaction to it – its guaranteed to get you in the festive mood! I am actually quite surprised that I have not tried this out before. With our elves joining us yesterday it seemed the perfect opportunity to weave some festive magic. The people behind the Portable North Pole (PNP) have recently launched a whole range of merchandise including elves at John Lewis.

Portable North Pole Review

So what is the Portable North Pole? It a mobile app and website that sends you child video and phone message from the North Pole.

Portable North Pole is one of the world’s most beloved Christmas family entertainment brands, dedicated to bringing the magic of Santa into homes with personalised video and call messages from the big guy himself! Each message is carefully crafted to engage, surprise and keep children in suspense and they have become a modern tradition in millions of homes worldwide at Christmas.

The 2016 edition has some new videos as well as a reaction meter for the mobile app. A Magic Pass costs £9.99 and for this you get;

• Unlimited Premium Videos -eight in total including a Birthday celebration one which can be used later in the year.
  • The Reaction Recorder (with the mobile app only)
  • Unlimited Santa Calls – there are lots of different scenarios to choose from including ones around doing well & achievement, improving behaviour (good bribery options here!), encouragement and of course Christmas Eve.
  • HD downloads of all your videos
  • Story time with Santa a new video each week in December

Our Elf left a note saying that Father Christmas wanted to speak with Monkey and to use Mummy’s phone to get through to the elf switch board. He was absolutely fascinated when the phone rung and he got put on hold to wait for the big man. This photo of the experience doesn’t do it justice as you can’t see is the constant nodding along to the call. The big smile and concentration that surpasses that of watching his favourite TV programme! He has already asked if he can speak with Father Christmas again!

img_6587 img_6588

I am especially loving the videos. You have the option to add photos and details of of your child to the premium videos which are included in the magic pass. You need to spend a little but of time setting up the videos in advance with pictures and details of what they have got up to recently. Monkey loves seeing his picture in books an as it turns out in Father Christmas videos. The one we tried out is over five minutes long and you can download them so you are not dependent on needing an internet signal.

Portable North Pole Review

Both the calls and the videos really add to the excitement building up to the big day, and work really well in conjunction with a good deed elf or similar. Although you don’t need one of these to make them work. I can see us using all the features of this app which makes it extremely good value for money, I only wish I had found it sooner. You can download the app from the app store and its available on both Apple and Android. Alternatively check out their website at The Portable North Pole.

We were given a Magic Pass in return for this post, as always all opinions are my own.

portable-north-pole-magic-pass-review

1. December 14, 2016 / 7:44 am

wow just wow – how amazing is technology and so great that traditions and modern technology are combining – I’m so impressed – my three would have adored this when they were small but I’ll definitely tell my friends with younger children about this #BloggerClubUK

2. December 14, 2016 / 10:17 am

The technology really is amazing. You can have anythiing at any time…Who knows, maybe next year there wwill be a virtual Santa popping in our living room! Imagine that! Ha!;) I wish you and your family wonderful, blessed holidays and a merry Christmas!x #BloggerClubUK

3. December 14, 2016 / 11:38 am

I didn’t know about this! Sounds brilliant! I take it that there isn’t a free version with limited functionality? Thanks for sharing – it looks like your little one had a great time. The magic of it all is fantastic! #BloggerClubUK
    Sara recently posted…Is the XFactor OK for children? [023]My Profile

4. December 14, 2016 / 11:43 am

This sounds so cool! Alfie is probably a little young to appreciate this, but I am going to share with my sister and my nephews would love this! #BloggerClubUK
    Something About Baby recently posted…Is Motherhood Lonely?My Profile

5. Alison (MadHouseMum)
    December 14, 2016 / 12:14 pm

This is magical and your son’s face says it all – wonderful. Have a lovely Christmas. Alison x #BloggerClubUK
    Alison (MadHouseMum) recently posted…NakedMy Profile

6. December 14, 2016 / 3:36 pm

Wow, you can’t beat modern technology lol.
    Will have to try this with my grandchildren.
    Thanks for sharing
    #BloggerClubUK
    suz recently posted…My road to self-publishing. Part 1My Profile

7. December 14, 2016 / 9:49 pm

Hi Clare

fun looking app. Its nice to see that Santa is embracing technology instead of being replaced by it.

8. December 14, 2016 / 10:18 pm

I used to do these every year for my girls – this is the first year I’ve decided they are too old for it. Sniff! #BloggerClubUK
    Steph Curtis recently posted…Children with Autism Love LifeMy Profile

9. December 15, 2016 / 7:04 am

How fantastic! I’d never heard of this but what a wonderful idea, a great way to keep the kids excited! x #bloggerclubuk

10. December 15, 2016 / 2:43 pm

So cute, my daughter is only 1 but this is something I will definitely look into once she is a little older. There will probably be some new invention by then!! #BloggersClubUK

11. December 15, 2016 / 5:54 pm

I found PNP years ago when they used to send an email to your account with a video in it. It is such a good thing and ive already said to hubby to do it next year.
    The magic pass sounds amazing though. I love the unlimited calls and I agree it is totally helping to bribe them to be behaved!
    #bloggersclubUK

12. December 15, 2016 / 6:58 pm

At 3 months my boy is a tad too young for this… but I can’t wait until he has excited reactions like that when Santa is on his way! A great way to make it magical!

13. December 15, 2016 / 7:36 pm

We’ve been using PNP for a few years now and I agree it definitely helps build the excitement and to add to the magic. The first year I did it there was a free version, and then it went up to £5 and now £10 – I would still pay it though to see the look on their faces! #BloggersClubUK

14. December 15, 2016 / 8:10 pm

Oh what an awesome app! I love it I will try it when my boy will grow a little bit
    #BloggerClubUK
    ohmummymia recently posted…Best Christmas songsMy Profile

15. December 15, 2016 / 10:59 pm

We’ve done this with my daughter for a few years and she always loves it. It’s such a fantastic concept #bloggerclubuk

16. December 17, 2016 / 9:15 pm

Technology seems to come on leaps and bounds. I wonder how my girls would react. #BloggerClubUK
    Helena recently posted…Gift Guide For BabiesMy Profile

17. December 18, 2016 / 5:34 pm

I tried this for the first time this year. My son absolutely LOVED it! His little face just lit right up. 🙂 My daughter was a bit unnerved by Santa calling her by name, but she’ll get over it….ha! #BloggerClubUK
    Carolina Twin Mom / Mary Peterson recently posted…Creating Our Own Christmas TraditionsMy Profile

18. December 19, 2016 / 12:27 pm

The PNP is a fab site! I used it a few years in a row there & the kids were super impressed with all Santa knew & the photos of them & the North Pole fun. I didn’t pay for the premium service but it sounds amazing, especially the phone call! #BloggerClubUK x
    Becky, Cuddle Fairy recently posted…Breastfeeding with MAM ProductsMy Profile

19. December 24, 2016 / 12:36 pm

What a fab app! I love how your elf delivered the new to Monkey. The videos and phone calls sound great. I think £9.99 is a real bargain for this!
    Debbie