Why we are going back to Eurocamp in 2018

When we originally decided to visit France last year with Eurocamp I did wonder to myself whats all the fuss about. They have a very impressive statistic – 90% of customers would book again with Eurocamp UK. I wasn’t sure it was us though. Looking back on last year I laugh at myself now. Because I realise that a holiday with Eurocamp can actually be anything you want it to be and the flexibility it provides is perfect for families. So we have also become part of the statistic as we are looking forward to visiting France again with Eurocamp again this year.

Last year we stayed just north of Bordeaux at La Cote D’Argent Hourtin-Plage. We chose this parc on the basis of the fantastic pirate water splash down area – it did not disappoint. One of my favourite memories from our holiday was on the first morning, we were sitting on the veranda eating freshly baked bread, tomatoes, cheese and ham for breakfast. Which we had picked up from the local shop on site, all fresh, all delicious. After the drive down we had risen later than usual at 10am the splash down was turned on. We were right next to it. The squeal of delight which came from Monkey will stay with me always. I have never seen him so excited, throwing down the remains of his breakfast and declaring he must get into his swimming stuff now! Only being so excited he didn’t know which way to turn!

There are so many reasons why our stay worked perfectly for us, here are the main ones:

• Driving down meant we had everything we needed, my only restriction on luggage was that it could fit in the car. With Kipper being just a year the thought of flying filled me with dread. Eurocamp will also provide the big things a travel cot, highchair, baby bath, bed rails etc free of charge and the quality was spot on.
  • The swimming complex on the door step worked perfectly for Monkey he would of happily played on the slides and in the splash down for our whole holiday given the chance. Theres also lots of other activities to keep the kids entertained.
  • The beaches – were stunning, wide and empty! Being on the Atlantic coast the sea lends itself to surfing so not really suitable for the little ones. But we found a lake with a sandy beach. It was very warm and shallow. You could walk out a long way and it would still not come above your knees. It was perfect for both boys.
  • I always worry that with self catering that its not so much of a holiday for the adults. Yet all the mobile homes come with BBQs and with the weather being gorgeous thats what we ate the whole week. As there was a shop on site we picked up everything we needed when we got the fresh bread in the morning. With a wide variety of prepared fresh salads and side dishes there was very little prep. We did eat out a couple of times while we were exploring.
  • Unlike other holidays we all relaxed and the days seemed to lengthen. There was no rushing from one place to the next, instead a desire to explore. We got up to a lot more than I thought we would while were were away. So much in fact I had to split our holiday dairy between two blog posts – First Half of our Eurocamp Holiday and Second Half of our Eurocamp Holiday.

This year we have chosen to take the plunge and drive all the way down to the French Riverina. We will be stopping on the way down and the way back up to break up the driving. The great thing about travelling with Eurocamp is that they are use to families doing this. Which means its possible to stop at additional parcs. Having our holiday all in one place and not needing to hunt around for hotels is a real bonus. The booking team can even help you with suggestions of places to stop.

I have yet to buy the guide book or to do any research around some of the places we would like to visit. This year I am planning on being a little more organised on the two or three days trips we would like to do. Monkey chose our parc on the basis of the swimming complex and slides so we will be spending a fair amount of time there too I am sure. Our choice has got good toddler facilities too, as Kipper will be two by the time we visit. Its essential to be able to find a parc that caters for both ages with the slides and splash areas. We are also only about 1km from a beach, so I am sure there will be plenty of photos of beach spam on my instagram feed early Summer.

We can’t wait to get away again, everyone is excited for our adventure. The sun, the sea, the beach, the pool, sleeping in bunkbeds, exploring the local towns and enjoying the local food. I will be sharing it with you all shortly after we return.

Have you ever visited a Eurocamp parc before? I would love to hear all about it in the comments below.

1. February 4, 2018 / 10:01 pm

Oh I had no idea they allowed you to stop at additional parks on the way down to your destination! That is so good to know, we want to do eurocamp this year and would definitely drive!

2. February 5, 2018 / 7:09 am

Looks like so much fun! Hope you have a wonderful time together x

3. February 5, 2018 / 7:23 am

I heard some good things about those holidays and if you liked t first time around, why not going back?Plus empty beaches sound like heaven to me! Nothing worse than a place so crowded you can’t enjoy it. I hope you will have a great time when you go

4. February 5, 2018 / 7:34 am

I can see why you are going back, from the photos looks like you had such a super time at Eurocamp – enjoy your 2018 hols x

5. February 5, 2018 / 11:41 am

Eurocamp sounds AMAZING. I’ve read a few reviews and experience posts about it and I wish we could give it a visit.

6. February 5, 2018 / 12:06 pm

Our summer holidays as a child were always with Eurocamp and we have such fantastic memories. They are fantastic

7. February 5, 2018 / 2:07 pm

How exciting! We have heard great things about Eurocamp we have never been but would love to go so looking forward to hearing about your getaway x

8. February 5, 2018 / 2:22 pm

Wow! Looks like you had a wonderful time. That pirate themed play area looks like good fun. We would definitely love to give it a go.

9. February 5, 2018 / 3:28 pm

I’ve never heard of Eurocamp before but I sure wish I did growing up so I could have pestered my parents to take me! Bless all these beautiful memories you’re making <3

10. February 5, 2018 / 3:30 pm

We have had many really good breaks at parks in the UK – I actually find it easier than a hotel (if you know you won’t cook anything too fancy or messy and/or budget to eat out a bit) because there are so many facilities.
    I was wondering about Eurocamp as I wanted that same experience in Europe, and it sounds exactly what I wanted it to be! Will defo look into this now.

11. February 5, 2018 / 5:48 pm

Sounds like a lovely place to spend your holidays, especially with a family.

12. February 5, 2018 / 7:40 pm

Ahhh, I’ve been on a few Eurocamp holidays. Although I was a child. They are fantastic holidays and one day I’ll get around to taking the kids! 😀

13. February 5, 2018 / 11:38 pm

This looks like so much fun! We are going away this year and it’ll be our first hot holiday for 3 years. Can’t wait!!!

14. sandy
    February 6, 2018 / 10:56 am

I looked at this and it really does appeal. But we’re pinned to school holidays now and the cost is prohibitive for us. If anyone has any tips for finding more affordable I’d love to hear them. We would like to camp but realistically would have to fly – we would like somewhere warm which means 3 days’ driving from Scotland which is just too much.

• Temz
      February 9, 2018 / 1:34 pm

Eurostar booked in advance is quite reasonable for France and if you use the flight finder tool on the eurocamp website it tells you closest airport and who flies there from UK.

15. Chrissy Harris
    February 6, 2018 / 3:26 pm

We went two years ago to La Croix Du Vieux Pont bear Paris and it was amazing so we are going back this year. It’s about 1.5 hours drive to Disney land so doing a day trip this time. The parks are amazing and so well catered. Enjoy your trip this year!

16. February 6, 2018 / 6:22 pm

This is so good to know. It’s somewhere we consider every year but then never take the plunge. I think we’re a bit scared of the driving in a foreign country! I read another blog post of yours recently about driving abroad that has given me the inspiration to look into it!

17. February 7, 2018 / 8:03 am

It seems like an ideal and stress free holiday for the whole family! #BloggerClubUK

18. February 7, 2018 / 8:32 am

Hi, enjoy your trip to the Riverai later this year it’s a wonderful,place to holiday. I never knew that you could stay at other parks on the way to your final stop. Here’s dreaming of the warmer weather #BloggerClubUK

19. February 7, 2018 / 9:42 am

Oh this sounds amazing!! I’ve never heard of Eurocamp before, I’d love to do something like this with my family! Sounds a blast! #bloggerclubuk

20. February 7, 2018 / 11:37 am

It looks like you all had a wonderful time. I hope you all have a great time again! Enjoy x
    #bloggerclubuk
    Jemma x

21. February 7, 2018 / 11:42 am

We did eurocamp a few times when I was growing up and it was so much fun. We’ve looked for this year but we’re both really worried about driving on the other side of the road!

22. February 7, 2018 / 6:54 pm

I have heard lots of good things about Eurocamp and remember reading your posts last year. We will have to try and get there some time. #BloggerclubUK

23. February 7, 2018 / 8:49 pm

Your Eurocamp holiday looks like great fun! We are thinking of trying them out next year (not planning a holiday this year as baby will be arriving!)

24. February 8, 2018 / 10:14 am

I have looked at Eurocamp before and have been unsure. The brochures and websites don’t always do it justice so it is nice to read this and know that it really would be good for our family.
    #BloggerClubUK

25. February 8, 2018 / 1:46 pm

I had no idea you could stay at other parks! We were thinking of Eurocamp but really didn’t like the thought of driving such a long way with little ones, but maybe it’s worth it if you can stop at Eurocamps along the way. #bloggerclubuk

26. February 8, 2018 / 4:43 pm

This looks like so much fun! Both my girls would love somewhere like this. #BloggerClubUK

27. February 9, 2018 / 7:47 am

I’ve always wanted to do a euro Camp holiday – we looked into it last year but never booked it! I will check out the parc you went to as i know that Pirate splash park wold be a huge hit with my kids!!! #BloggersClubUK

28. February 9, 2018 / 4:12 pm

It’s lovely to see another Eurocamp convert – we saw the light in 2011, and have been at least twice a year ever since, including parcs in Luxembourg, Germany and Holland. This Easter we’re off to Italy.

At the risk of sounding spammy (I hope it doesn’t), you might want to try joining this group on FB https://www.facebook.com/groups/259964121055944/

29. A.E. ADKINS
    February 10, 2018 / 9:42 am

This looks a fab holiday choice, we went to a Eurocamp when I was a child & I remember it fondly, so some great memory building for the boys

30. Ashleigh Allan
    February 10, 2018 / 10:11 am

Never been but sounds great

31. Margaret Gallagher
    February 10, 2018 / 10:53 am

CERTAINLY an ACTION packed fun filled place gor all the FAMILY

32. paula cheadle
    February 10, 2018 / 12:30 pm

never been to one of these camps, they look very good

33. Tracy Nixon
    February 10, 2018 / 5:05 pm

Sounds like a great place to take your family with plenty to do!

34. February 10, 2018 / 8:45 pm

We’ve never been to a Eurocamp before. I really do appreciate holidays that are geared up for families though, so will definitely check it out. On holiday, you want everything to be as easy as possible! #BloggerClubUK

35. February 11, 2018 / 4:01 pm

I’d really like to go to one in the future – I’ve heard good reviews. #BloggerClubUK

36. February 14, 2018 / 9:01 pm

I spent 6 years working on French campsites after uni (although not for Eurocamp) and I absolutely loved it. I would recommend this kind of holiday to any family and there are so many different sites you’re bound to find one that’s perfect for you. #BloggerClubUK