Splash About Go Splash Swim Vest
Splash About Go Splash Swim Vest Review: You will know from a previous post that we are great fans of Splash About and used several of their products while on holiday in Eurocamp. I fell in love with their wetsuits for both boys and wonder why I hadn’t discovered them before. Along with their Splash Mat, Happy Nappy and Baby All in One Sunsuit. When we visited Italy we also took with us their new Go Splash Swim Vest for both of the boys.
Staying in a villa with a pool I wanted to make sure we were as safe as we could be, but at the same time I didn’t have loads of room in the cases to carry something particularly bulky. This is where the Go Splash Swim Vests come in as they are lightweight and compact as they pack flat. They are not a drowning aid so it wasn’t a case of being able to let the boys around the pool without supervision but it gave us the peace of mind we needed should Kipper slip a hand and topple in. Likewise Monkey who can swim a little needed something to help him in the water, yet leave his arms free enough that he could develop his swimming further. It also meant that when Hubby was in the pool with Kipper Monkey could be in too. This was important for us as the pool we stayed in did not have a shallow end and was 150cm deep all the way across.
Things I love:
- The design is really clever, the foam is not removable like their previous vests, but this allows it to be thinner and so more suitable for packing in a case.
- There is a thin sturdy zip at the front with a little flap secured by velcro to stop the tip of the zip digging into them when they are in the water
- Just like their other products the vests are made from soft neoprene
- The edging or binding around the vest has been specifically designed so that its super soft to stop chaffing in the water.
- There are four designs to choose from, we opted for Vintage Moby for Monkey and Set Sail for Kipper which matches his sunsuit.
- Both boys are really happy in the suits. Kipper is not a small baby/toddler so I was a little concerned when we opted for age 1-2 which he is that the vest maybe a little tight. It is snug, and I don’t think it will be long until he’s in the next size up. But it didn’t restrict him. he happily ran around the beach in the vest and could stand up and down in it easily. Which is important when you are learning to walk and move independently
There really isn’t anything I didn’t like about the vests, but it is important to note this is predominately a swim aid. On the inside of the vest it clearly states that it will not protect your child against drowning.
Available in three sizes, small 1-2 years, medium 2-4 years and large 4-6 years, priced at £17.99 they are great value compared to some of the other bouncy aids on the market. They definitely helped us manage the boys better on holiday. The Go Splash Swim Vest can be brought online from the Splash About website .
They have also given one of my readers the opportunity to win one in their choice of design and size (subject to availability). To enter please use the Gleam application below and also check the T&C:
- Competition is open to residents of UK aged 18 or over
- There is no cash alternative offered
- The winner will be drawn at random and receive a Splash About Happy Nappy it their choice of colour/patter and size subject to availability
- The competition will close on 30th September at midnight
- The Winner will be asked to provide an email address and full postal address
I have some other giveaways running at the moment so please check them out in the Blog Giveaways Page above.
If you’ve liked this post please follow me on my social media channels:
This is a collaborative post we were given two Go Splash Swim Vests to enable us to be able to write this revie all words and opinions are my own.